Hot shower
Proraso pre shave cream
New Forest Superior Badger 2201
ToOBS Almond cream
Fatboy (#1)
Feather (2)
Osma Alum
OS Lime AS

I had a bit of irritation from the Feather in the SS last night, so tried it in the FB on setting 1 tonight. Two passes gave a close shave, with no irritation. The OS finished off a DFS.

I'm supposed to be sending the FB off for replating, but am becoming quite attached to it! :roll:

Monday

5/8 Air Brand
Arko stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Boots Distilled Witch Hazel
L'Oreal Men Hydra Energetic Post Shave Balm
Floid Blue AS

Monday

Kropp 6/8
Futur #4
Astra
C&E Nomad soap
Vulfix 2235
Alum
OS Whitewater

Had not shaved since a basic once over with an electric on Saturday AM. My beard was about as long as I've had it in years so I took it down with 2 passes with a straight then a 1.5 pass clean up with the Futur, very satisfying. missed one little rough patch otherwise BBS all over.

Thuesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Heljestrand M K 31
Brush: New Forest, prototype w extra hair (great brush aswell)
Soap: Nannys Yushu LE
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Result: Ahhh :D

Lovely blade - sharp and smooth and effective. Barely used blade, but the scales where changed to a pair of lovely milky bone scales (by Neil, of course ;) ). Great start of the day!
48126d1283233024-sotd-sun-august-29th-sat-september-4rd-snb13280.jpg

I'm ready for the ribbing but.......

Hot shower
Gillette fusion gamer manual
Gillette fusion manual blade (1)
EJ BBB
Palmolive creme
Boots witch Hazel
Brut AS

Simple N-S, S-N pass

Gave my cart razor a bash today as the DE shaving hasn't been going the best and I have to say it's the best shave I've had in a while, my face doesn't know what's going on because it's not red itchy and painful! Lessons learnt shaving is a personal thing this suits me, I tried DE shaving to save money, I spent hundreds :lol: what was causing me trouble has been solved by getting rid of the goo and getting a badger and better prep, I used witch Hazel and AS today because I wanted to, not because I needed too. Becides taking the razor out the question means I can spend more on cremes, soaps and brushes!

Right I'm off to jump in my car to drive 100mtrs to the shop to buy a pack of blades then I'm driving through mcdonalds for my fast food fix!

Have a good day!

Had to go to my refdesk.com to see what 'ribbing' is...

I had been getting red neck and irritation for half a dozen months since I started DE shaving full time. Then I found out it's all about technique and prep.
I was shaving against the grain in the neck (without knowing) and I was applying lather with the brush too fast and without good prep during/after shower.

I thought many times to go back to my Fusion(s), but never did. For sure I would get an easy shave, no nicks, no irritation, no nothing.
In addition, I was reading all those guys here and there talking about getting irritation and ingrown hairs with cartridge razors and thought "for me it's been the opposite! they can't be right".

Many DE shavers get a BIC occasionally and report fine shaves. True. From what people say in all the boards, it appears that the closeness of shave you can get with a DE razor surpasses that of a cartridge one. Nonetheless, if one is comfortable with the latter, and with Mac food as well, so it'll be!

No ribbing from me ids - I was singing the praises of Bic Sensitive razors a while ago and still shave with a Sensor from time to time . . . like today.

Tuesday
Sensor (Edwin Jagger, Chatsworth)
Simpson Duke 2 Best
Mitchell's Woolfat

Now I'm off to the driving range for some practice ahead of a round of golf this afternoon with my Dad, Brother and Brother-in-Law.

Tuesday am.

Hot Shower
Proraso preshave
Muehle R89
Personna red blade
Omega 10005 brush
Coates ltd ed cream
Proraso A/S
Body Shop macca root moiruriser.

Very nice shave, only 2 passes today.
1 small nick which stopped bleeding within 20 seconds :p
I like the Coates cream but find it dries out and starts to flake off your face if your taking your time. I mixed in a bowl with plenty of water, anyway feels good today. :ugeek:

Tuesday:
Hot Towel
Ever Ready 12a/Real Shaving-Sensitive (Cheap and pretty good) :)
Gillette Flair/Personna
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB

Smooth and comfortable :)
regards, beejay

EJDE89L + Super Platinum (1)
Omega 10005 + Ingrams
Witch Hazel + Blue Stratos a/s
Floris 89 (later)

3 pass, BBS. Feeling and smelling lovely :)

Monday Evening.

Hot shower followed by Trumpers skin food and a hot towel.
re-applied the trumpers and left while i whipped up the Palmolive Cream with the NF2201.
38R with red Personna (2)
Block osma
trumpers skin food and L' oreal moisturizer.

This was another very fine shave. This combination i find hard to think i could better.
4 passes WTG, XTG, XTG, ATG followed by lots of little touch up passes as i am still learning the direction of growth all over my face.
Zero irritation, no nicks and felt nothing but tight skin from the alum.
I just can't believe how comfortable this combination is for my face. That's 4 shaves i have had with the personna's without any dramas, and the results last for such a long time. Pretty much 24hrs and still feels like i have only just shaved, and that is from someone who could previously feel growth after just 6 hours.
I'm not sure whether its the whole combination that is giving the results, so will stay with all of it for a while.
I owe the speed of my results to you guy's on here. The information has been tremendously helpful.

heroblob said:
Monday Evening.

Hot shower followed by Trumpers skin food and a hot towel.
re-applied the trumpers and left while i whipped up the Palmolive Cream with the NF2201.
38R with red Personna
Block osma
trumpers skin food and L' oreal moisturizer.

This was another very fine shave. This combination i find hard to think i could better.
4 passes WTG, XTG, XTG, ATG followed by lots of little touch up passes as i am still learning the direction of growth all over my face.
Zero irritation, no nicks and felt nothing but tight skin from the alum.
I just can't believe how comfortable this combination is for my face. That's 4 shaves i have had with the personna's without any dramas, and the results last for such a long time. Pretty much 24hrs and still feels like i have only just shaved, and that is from someone who could previously feel growth after just 6 hours.
I'm not sure whether its the whole combination that is giving the results, so will stay with all of it for a while.
I owe the speed of my results to you guy's on here. The information has been tremendously helpful.

Posts like this are a reminder of what the forum's all about! Great to hear.

Ids said:
I'm ready for the ribbing but.......

Hot shower
Gillette fusion gamer manual
Gillette fusion manual blade (1)
EJ BBB
Palmolive creme
Boots witch Hazel
Brut AS

Simple N-S, S-N pass!

Use whatever works for you.

Ian