Semogue 1305
Nanny's Silly Soaps "The Spicy One"
Mühle R89
Bolzano Superinox
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité Baume Après rasage

P1030592.jpg

I just love the scent of "The Spicy One"! :D
4th use of the Bolzano blade, still smooth and sharp. What a good blade.

Tuesday

had the radio on, kids at school, wife at college so doing my own thing - great start
Has a soak in the bath
1305 and Monsavon, tried bowl lathering again, I just can't get it to work so reverted to face lather, went alot better :D
stuck a new Nacet blade in to the 39C and gave it another go.
2 passes with the grain, still really stubbly, a few nicks and loads of weepers and my neck and cheeks are sore - not happy :evil:
grabbed my ball end off the rack which had a nancet in and used this for a 3rd pass just to tidy up - normally do 2 passes with this and i'm done good and proper
finished with a rinse, alum then prof blighties Applewood that Dipesh kindly sent me last month (thanks again) this kinda got my face back to feeling normal

Really cant get on with the 39C despite keep trying so its now on BST if anyone is interested ;)

Tuesday

Bath

Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Gillette Sharp Edge (1)
T&H/Rooney 1/2 Super
T&H 1805 Cream
WTG - XTG - ATG + touch ups
Thayers Unscented Toner
Trumper's Extract of Limes Skin Food
Armani AS

Had to make two lots of lather today :x. Started off with the Semogue 1305 which I just cannot get consistent results with - sausages from boar, yes, brushes maybe not :lol: -, so reverted to the T&H/Rooney.

A nice smooth & close shave was had with the Sharp Edge with just a wee bit of irritation around the chin - seems to have become a bit of a problem area over the last couple of weeks, hmmm *scratches head.

TTFN. . .

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1956 Diplomat/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Al's 'The Bomb' SC
SebaMed AS Balsam
vintage Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

First time trying this shaving cream, and it'll need a couple more times to properly figure out. Not bad so far, but I think there's room for improvement in my technique for this stuff. We'll see what happens.

Tomorrow it'll be time for a new blade.......this one's just barely starting to pull a little after seven shaves. Pretty impressive.

BBS results,

Martin

Tuesday, 03-29-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands - Gillette Aristocrat #58 - Red Personna #1 - Pre PREP - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado29-03-11001-1.jpg

Tuesday

Razor - ever ready 1912
Brush - Duke 3
Soap - Nannys (new formula soapy???) I think
AS - Mennan skin bracer

20110329_001.jpg

The soap is the one I won from the red nose day competion (In the copper Handi) I am really bad at scents and cant seem to describe this one but very nice

Normal hot shower/hot flannel prep followed by a nice face massage with proraso pre.
Nanny's Citrus Zinger whipped up with my superb NF2211
Taken off with the HD500 rocket loaded with a Shark SS(1)
Alum to finish with Sunburyboys bay rum and some trumpers lime skin food.

Made a slight error with the soap today, i think over the past few weeks my lather had been getting wetter and wetter, without me realising it.
I had my first instance of Nanny's soap drying on my face between passes and disappearing from my face. I mixed a fresh batch and purposefully made it thicker. The difference was night and day. Lesson learnt and saved to memory.
I know there are a few on here that have suffered similar things. Try making a nice thick rich lather and see how you go.
Very clean irritation free close shave.
May they all be like this :D

Tuesday PM

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Slim Adjustable
SuperMax Stainless (1)
Kent BK2
TOBS sandalwood tube cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea ASB

4 passes: WTG on 4, WTG on 6, XTG on 5, XTG on 5.

Result: DFS.

OK, I don't know whether you chaps have noticed my recent absence (I hope you have :D). This was due to disruption caused by a cold, another, very minor health issue (nothing at all to worry about, just a grumbling complaint) and being busy. In over a week I only buzzed my cheap battery shaver round twice, so I had serious facial hair. I'd honestly say it had gone past being stubble and was almost a beard. Anyway, with an idea in mind to add a touch more water to my lather (my last few batches have been a bit dry and sticky), I managed to acheive a very good shave; not as close as I've had after just a day of growth, but, as I said, this was serious hair I was getting rid of. :D

Tuesday:

Schick Injector 'Golden 500'
NOS Injector blade (made in Holland)
Trumper Sandalwood cream (sample)
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb

First time I've tried Trumper's cream - I like! Super smooth again with the Injector :D

Jos

Tuesday

GB Kent T4
GFT Coral Skin Food - both as a pre and post shave
GFT Rose SS
Puma 6/8 No 1
DR Harris Pink after shave (sample)
Korres Saffron, Amber, Cardamom EdT - Basenotes

Attachments

• DSCF0054.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 71
Proraso Pre & Post
Merkur 34C
Gillette Super Thin (4)
Godrej Shaving Cream
L'Occitane ASB
Ogallala Bay Rum Lime & Peppercorn

4th shave with the GST and still smooth and could go on with another one in the morning. First time i have tried the Bay Rum and i was very impressed with it. I was still half asleep and bleary eyed but it felt so slick and like 15/40 grade and the scent was still going after 3-4 hours. Lovely stuff.

Habitues of SRP will know what the flags are about ... anyway, this is another one for Amund:

SOTD290311_2.jpg

Unidentifiable old razor; Kent BK4 (not pictured); Nanny's sandalwood soft soap; Taylor's sandalwood aftershave.

Interesting razor this, as in "Whoa! Steady on there!". Not having anywhere to put a finger behind the pivot is alarming, but once I got the hang of it, this turned out to be a very smooth blade indeed, and the shape suits me nicely. Will have to practise with it, but well worth the time spent honing.

Tuesday

White proraso pre/post
Nf2201
Formula 31 lime soap
EJ mastiff _shark SC (3)
Alum
Formula 31 lime A/S
Proraso ASB

funny shave this.. seemed clean, very little tingle from Alum but redness on neck area which doesnt feel irritated. :eek:

Today I've returned to the gillette super stainless:

Music
Heroes del Silencio – The Platinum Collection

Hardware
Semogue 2015HD
Mühle R89 + Gillette Super Stainless (1)

Software
Pre Cleansing Gel Biotherm
L'Occitane Cade SC
AS Biotherm
Floïd Mentolado Vigoroso

Three passes for an almost BBS. I should have given an additional pass, but taking into account that the gillette blade was sharper than the ones I used in the last days, I though it would suffice. I think these gillette super stainless are going to be added to my favorites list. The astra and timor don't offer me a so close shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom