Status
Not open for further replies.
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henks custom in oak and silvertip
Razor: British Ever Ready
Soap: MdC
AS: Paco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Result: Very, very clean :)

Felt like I came to close, but it feels A ok now :)
006800x541.jpg

Twinnumber2 said:
Quite simply the best shave i have had since starting DE shaving. The Merkur 34C is a magnificent tool and I'm so glad i bought it.

Cheers! It´s a sweet feeling when everthing comes into place :D

Monday: (Boo would rather be in bed in the warm!)

Hot towl
Merkur 34c
Gillette 7 O' Clock Double Edged Razor Blades (Yellow box)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Blue beards revenage shaving cream
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Blue beards revenage aftershave balm.

Good morning on this fresh cold morning.

Had a break from shaving this weekend. Brought out the merkur and a new 7 O'clock blade.

I did a three passes, (WTG, XTG and ATG). In the Slim I have grown fond of these blades but a new blade in the merkur and a few moments after putting on the after balm my face felt a little warm! more so than I have done with the slim.

I have a feeling that the 7 O'clock blades will not suit my face when using the merkur.

Funny thing is they gave me a fantastic shave, with just one pass the majority of whiskers where cut clean off!

My usual system after a shave is a final wash with water as hot as I can comfortably stand and than apply some witch hazel on a cotton pad and wash off again with cool water before drying my hands, then gently rub off the worse of the moisture off my face and than apply my balm.

I am wondering if its worth changing the witch hazel for a alum block instead.

I really got a stinging sensation for about 30 seconds and than my face cooled down.

no irritaion now and I got my first perfect BBS shave.

Am I being silly worrying? I would welcome any advice.

MWF Hand Soap,
GFT Coral SF as Prep,
GFT Violet SC,
Simpson Duke 3,
Merkur 33c/Gillette 7 o'clock(4),
Razorock Alum,
GFT Coral SF,
GFT Ajaccio Violets EdT.

SOTDMar28th2011.jpg

Very Violet hint to my shave today! :oops:

I don't care!! I likes it! :D

Monday

EJ Chatsworth
Lord Cool (3)
NF High Mountain
Coates LE Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB

I seem to be having issues getting lather out of the NF Silvertip and High Mountain over the past couple of days! I know it is me as i have used both to great effect in the past - but over the weekend and today it would seem that the lather is great for the 1st pass, but then just dies or disappears from the brush! I have tried loading longer (with soaps) or using more product (with creams) but am unsure what the hell i am doing wrong! I seem, after a year into this game to have made a lather recession in the past few days! Oh well, i am sure it is user error, now i just need to sort out what it is i am doing wrong with these brushes!

Have a good day gents.

Monday

Bath

Goodfella SB "Michelle"
Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
T&H/Rooney 1/2 Super
TOBS Lemon & Lime Cream
WTG - WTG - XTG + touch ups
Thayers Astringent
Nivea Sensitive AS Balm
Trumpers GFT Cologne

These blades are definitely not for me. Ended up with a close enough shave with no irritation but did not enjoy the shave itself - not smooth - and life is too short to persevere, so if anyone wants the last 3 of these blades just pm me and i'll be more than happy to pass them on.

I really like the lather this cream makes but the scent is a bit OTT and peppery. It also leaves a white powder all over the brush when it dries and is really noticeable on the black handle but is easily wiped off.

TTFN. . .

AJP said:
Monday

EJ Chatsworth
Lord Cool (3)
NF High Mountain
Coates LE Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB

I seem to be having issues getting lather out of the NF Silvertip and High Mountain over the past couple of days! I know it is me as i have used both to great effect in the past - but over the weekend and today it would seem that the lather is great for the 1st pass, but then just dies or disappears from the brush! I have tried loading longer (with soaps) or using more product (with creams) but am unsure what the hell i am doing wrong! I seem, after a year into this game to have made a lather recession in the past few days! Oh well, i am sure it is user error, now i just need to sort out what it is i am doing wrong with these brushes!

Have a good day gents.

Too much water? The NF brushes do hold water very well. Maybe try to remove a bit more water from the brush before loading it.

You shouldn't really have any trouble with the Coates Cream. When I first used it I thought I was going to have to call the fire brigade to pump the lather from my bathroom!

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields whitecap
1956 Diplomat/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
The Soap Opera Himalaya SS (really nice stuff)
Barbershop 'Bay Rum' AS
Barbershop 'Bay Rum' AS (applied as cologne)

Man, this blade just keeps on going. Six shaves now, and still very smooth and sharp. I'd like to find more of these things sometime.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Schick Plus Platinum (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 24
Monday:

Ever Ready 1912
Gem blade
BS Maca Root + Palmolive ss
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb

In keeping with my current trend for trying something new each day, I went for the 1912 this morning - a very ornate razor, with classic looks. I found it a bit unwieldy and certainly less smooth and effortless compared to the Injector the other day. It felt like it could 'bite' if I wasn't careful, and I was left with a few weepers. It is certainly efficient though, and 2 passes left my face acceptably close. So, a successful shave, if not particularly enjoyable :|

Jos

IanM said:
Too much water? The NF brushes do hold water very well. Maybe try to remove a bit more water from the brush before loading it.

You shouldn't really have any trouble with the Coates Cream. When I first used it I thought I was going to have to call the fire brigade to pump the lather from my bathroom!

Ian

That has been my previous experience with the Coates too! The too much water theory is what i have reduced it down to, to be fair - amount of product is fine (slightly more than i would use for the EJ Silvertip just to be sure). That was the only conclusion i could come up with!

Cheers,

Monday, 03-28-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran two bands - Gillette Super Speed Black Tip - Iridium Super #3 - Pre PREP - Mitchell's Wool Fat - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL English Leather.

Afeitado28-03-11.jpg

Monday 28th March

Martin de Candre Savon à Raser - Simpson Chubby 1 Best - British Ever Ready 1912 SE - GEM Stainless Steel Coated - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent

I've had this Ever Ready laying around for about a year along with the blades and have never shaved with it until now. I wish I hadn't waited all this time. This shave was effortless, it was really easy to find the correct angle with the razor and the blade cut through a few days growth as if it wasn't there. Two passes, no nicks or irritation of any sort, nice smooth chops. Happy days. Now what to do with the twenty odd DEs that may be surplus to requirements. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom