Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 26th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
sledgehammer39c.jpg

SCHRÄG VORSCHLAGHAMMER 39C
Feather (1)
Limes
NF 2201

I’m not telling you something you don’t already know. The instrument package you see presented is lined up for success. Trumper’s Limes is a subtle scent of a classic. I was expecting more of a Lime scent but happy nevertheless. Wonderful stuff with NF 2201 face lathering. I have a tube of Rose to try out next.

39C and creams came about from a trade with QuatroJames. Thanks so much James, this razor is “Tits”. Heavy. Tall. Familiarization Training ensued. 2 pass shave. Handle pattern is not slippery while shaving. The deep knurling has a rifling effect that makes easy spinning around the razor between your fingers. Very pleased. One beautiful slant.

Enjoy your weekend gentlemen. We plan to take the Amtrak train to Portland early tomorrow to do the town, spend the night, and then drive back to Seattle area. Took some coordination, but the wife is driving down while son Ben and girlfriend take the train with me. All to celebrate son number 1’s 33rd birthday. We’ll hoot and holler and then back home. Regards, Robert

Have a great weekend Robert-

Afternoon shave today as off work:

Hot Shower:
Music: E.S.T leucocyte - atmospheric Swedish jazz for a Friday afternoon

EJ DE89
Personna
Men U brush
Nannys Citrus Zinger
Essentials balm
Styptic
Johnsons powder
Chanel Allure sport EDT

I love the zinger, great lather and nice on a progressively warmer spring day.....
Will be testing a few different blades out now as have had a sample pack arrive, so the styptic and powder may get a bit more of a workout!!!!

Now off to my local club to see if they have a nice refreshing spring/summer golden real ale on....no doubt it will be a heavy winter effort instead.

Friday:

Red tip
Derby
Trumper coconut cream (sample)
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb

After a week of SE and shavette use, it was back to the DE today. As I'd used a half Derby in the XD20, I thought I'd revisit the Derby in my trusty Red tip as I've not used one since my early attempts with a DE about 6 months ago: It seemed smooth in action, but left a couple of weepers, almost unheard of these days with the Red tip :?. My technique, or the blade? The jury's out, so will try it again tomorrow ;)

Jos

Friday PM

Musgo Real Glyce lime oil soap
Hot flannel
Merkur HD
Crystal Platinum (3 I think)
Kent BK2
RSC cream, bowl-lathered
Boots witch hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG.

Result: DFS.

Not the best shave today, unfortunately. I'm not the most laid-back of people (to put it mildly), and, usually, a nice multi-pass shave is a good way to unwind and relax, but, today, it didn't seem to do the trick. Although the result is clean, I had a bit of irritation and generally didn't get into the swing of it today. Ah well, most of us have shaves that we don't get into fully from time to time, I think.

Long Hot Shower
loccitane Cade Face Scrub
Fitjar Mint Cream
NF2211
Slim Adjustable
Superthin#1
Loccitane ASB

Well after the day i had it was nice to have a really slow enjoyable shave,back to the DEs just now as i am offshore.

01-04-11 ( Friday )

Hot shower.

First time with Mitchell's Wool Fat.

Goodfella satin black open comb, also new.

Gillette 7 O'clock.

One pass WTG.

Merkur 39c slantblade with Derby Extra. ( 2 )

One pass XTG & 1 pass WTG over the parts I missed.

Alum block & then some balm.

The Goodfella razor does not seem to give a very close shave, although it did seem to be good for beard reduction.

I also struggled slightly the MWF, it seemed to be a very fine line between a thin bubbly lather and one that dried a little quick on my face. Is this normal for MWF?

In the excitement of this shave I managed to miss a couple of areas on my neck......... Do'h!

Friday

Bath

Some new tools today :cool:
Feather AS-D1 - from Paul at Connaught with the usual first class service, thank you
Voskhod (1)
NF HMB 2221
Trumper GFT Cream
WTG - XTG - XTG
Thayers Astringent - zung a bit :(
Nivea Sensitive AS Balm
Trumper GFT Cologne

Beautiful new tools, just a shame I can't really say the same about the shave. Love the New Forest brush, made copious amounts of lather, tips are lovely and soft on my face and a lot more backbone than my T&H/Rooney Super - thank you Peter for a truly wonderful brush and a great service.

Love the look of the Feather razor just didn't quite get the smooth shave I'd heard about - probably didn't help that I had to rush the shave. Still suffering some irritation around the chin which is really beginning to bug me, so didn't bother with any touching up - ooooo errrr misus - although I didn't really need it as it turned out to be quite a close shave.

More time needed with this razor.

TTFN. . .

Been a busy day so didnt get a chance to shave till this evening and felt like more experimenting - its only blood afterall and I am sure I can spare a few litres

Simpsons Beaufort B1
Trumpers almond shaving cream
Ever Ready 1912 Razor
Gem SE Blade
Grapewood Balm and AS from Prof Plighty

Part of my fire training was breathing apperatus, during this we are sent into a room full of high volume foam to experience how disorientating it is, well the brush and cream virtually recreated this training session, I think I need a LOT less cream and to calm down with my wrist motion (not used either before).
The brush felt great on my face nice bit of backbone whilst being nice and soft, compared to my other brushes it looks really small, but in reality it plays with the big boys, as for the cream just reminded me that I need to start thinking about making this years christmas cakes (need to give the brandy plenty of time to soak in), just can't beat the marzipan, both the taste and smell, this smells like the best marzipan going and I loved it, the wife even commented she COULD almost eat me, well that stopped when we married :cry:

I really love the feel of this razor, still trying to suss out the angles and does leave me a little sore on the neck and geez do I get some sting from AS after this razor, not as close as my tech but then again I have used that alot more

Then cold wash, Alum followed by Prof Blighty's amazing balm and AS

Well a few unknowns and a completly different razor but over all a good result :shave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom