Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 26th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oversaturn/Dipesh, thanks for the pointers and pics of the tins and soaps, I sense a visit to the local Ikea is in order :D They're a great idea and look pretty swishy too.

Gingerpose said:
Jack Force said:
Pre: Bath and shower
Music: Medieval

Care to tell us more about the music?

Its an old CD that was given away with Sunday times years ago, I've uploaded it to my phone to listen to in those quiet moments. Ideal for a Sunday morning shave. Its probably close to Gregorian chant and there is a hymnal element to it. I had a look on the 'net to quickly see how to decribe it:

This link probably sums it up,

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://canterbridge.org/2008/04/07/four-men-singing-medieval-music-hilliard-ensemble-sunday-times/">http://canterbridge.org/2008/04/07/four ... day-times/</a><!-- m -->

and this one has the song list:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://sonusantiqva.org/web/i/H/Hilliard/1990Medieval.html">https://sonusantiqva.org/web/i/H/Hillia ... ieval.html</a><!-- m -->

I must add I am no connoisseur of ancient musical form, I just likes it!!!!! :)

PS Sorry admin if this is out of place in here, feel free to move.....

Saturday, 26.Mar.2011

Prebarba Proraso
Semogue 830
Cella Crema Sapone
Mühle R89
Bolzano Superinox
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Weleda Baume Après Rasage

P1030586.jpg

First use of the Bolzano. Nice blades, sharp and smooth.

Sunday, 27.Mar.2011

Prebarba Proraso
Semogue 830
La Toja jabón de afeitar
Mühle R89
Bolzano Superinox
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Bálsamo Aftershave "O Melhor"

P1030583.jpg

Sunday, 03-27-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands - Merkur 37C Slant - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - TOBS Avocado shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Weleda - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado27-03-11002.jpg

MWF Hand Soap,
Sir Irisch Moss SS,
Simpson Duke 3,
Merkur 33c / Gillette 7 o'clock(3),
Razorock Alum,
Chanel Allure AS Moisturizing Lotion,
L'Occitan EdT.

SOTDMar27th2011.jpg

My usual Sunday morning D.E. shave...........Ah how I struggle all week with the straight thinking I'm doing great, then comes Sunday, I have my usual D.E. shave and it reminds me what a really close BBS feels like!! :(

I'm not complaining. In fact I think I'm getting on ok with the Straight. Its been just under 3 months and ................ :roll:

Sunday:

Sanguine XD20
Derby blade
BS Maca Root + Palmolive ss
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb

Yet another surprising shave today: I had intended to use the Ever Ready 1912, after my Single Edge curiosity had been aroused by the superb Injector shaves over the last couple of days. However, after lathering up I decided to try the XD20 shavette. I'd acquired it several months ago as I was interested in learning some straight razor technique, but only used it a handful of times before deciding to concentrate on my DE technique.

I did one pass WTG which went well, so I went for another WTG on the neck, and a XTG pass on cheeks/upper lip/chin. I sustained several weepers, but the end result was closer than I expected - I thought I'd have to do a touchup pass with the DE, but decided instead that it was good enough :) . Just when I thought I'd got my AD under control, now I'm thinking that maybe the time has come to try a proper straight...

Jos

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage butterscotch Made Rite badger (scritchy old thing)
1956 Diplomat/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop AS
more Barbershop AS (used as cologne)

Saw this brush in a store a few days ago, and got the price down to $5 out the door. Yeah, I figured the knot would probably have to be replaced, but the handle was worth the cash by itself. Nice deep butterscotch color, with some interesting striations going on.

Washed it a couple times when I first brought it home, and used it this morning with mediocre results. Yeah, this one's not gonna perform as well as the handle deserves........heh. Still, I'm happy with the acquisition.

Used Steve's aftershave on my face this morning, and about zero burn! Yeah, no problems in the least with any discomfort, which was a nice surprise. Heh, the scent disappears in a few minutes, so I used more applied as cologne.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Maid Rite 002 (Small).jpg
    359 bytes · Views: 82
Sunday: Decided to have the weekend shave today, during daylight hours.

The music: Queen, The Works.

Prepped with a good long hot shower while the Vulfix 404 was having a lie down in some hot water. Lathered up some of Nanny's wonderful Lime soap, thought about changing the blade but decided to give the Derby a 4th outing. Had hand stropped the blade after the third shave.

The shave? Best yet. Nothing I could put my finger on, guess I'm getting to grips with both lathering and shaving techniques. Made three passes, WTG, XTG, ATG then a wee bit of touch-up on my usual problem areas.

Finished with hot rinse, cold rinse, Gillette Sensitive ASB and some AS the missus gave me. Can't remember the name of it, sorry.

Now a couple of hours later I am still sitting here chuffed to bits with the shave. Almost scared to change anything for the next shave in case I jinx it!

Ainslie

Shower
RL Safari soap, face lather with Merkur Futur(?) brush
Futur with Red Personna
Osma
Scentless own brand a/s cream
RL safari

Sunday

White proraso pre/post
NF silvertip
TOBS avocado
EJ mastiff + Shark SC (2)
Alum
Proraso ASB

result: 3 passes, very smooth, no irritation. :D

Sunday

Kropp 7/8
Tabac soap
Kent BK4
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Lilac Vegetal

Not been posting on here for a wee while - just sheer laziness! I did keep a note of my last two weeks SOTDs, but never got around to putting them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom