Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 26th March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday, 03-30-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Morris & Forndran Two Bands - Feather safety razor vintage - Gillette Platinum #1 - Pre PREP - Acca Kappa 1869 shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio - ASL Ogallala Bay Rum.

Afeitado30-03-11002.jpg

Wednesday

Rolls Razor
Boots Cool Cologne cream
NF 2213 Chunky
Alum
Jovan Musk AS

DFS. The rolls blade needs work on the hones to get it as sharp as I would want it, but impressive enough to warrant the effort. My goodness that AS burns for the 1st couple of minutes, but very nice scent.

Wednesday:

Schick Injector 'Golden 500'
Injector blade (made in Holland)
Trumper Limes cream (sample)
Muhle pure badger
Bulldog asb

Tried the Limes cream from the Trumper sample pack today. Like yesterday's Sandalwood, it created a lovely lather and had a pleasant, subtle scent.

All was going well until I got a bit cavalier with the Injector and opened up a nice nick under my nose :shock: . Much claret ensued, and I had to dig out the styptic pencil which I've not used in a long time :oops: .

Jos

Wednesday pm

Hd500 rocket
gillette yellow
mama bears aged spice
barbosol cream
New Forest Super Badger Two Band 2203 ;)
nivea asb
Tried making a super lather for the first time and man did it work well..Excellant close shave thouroughly enjoyable.. :D

N_Architect said:
@Max: nice shot

@Slow: that M&F looks really nice, beautiful handle...

We don´t talk about Max and the weather in France (taking day light shots are we :evil: )... :lol:

I´ve noticed that Slow seems to use this one a lot :D Wonderful handle for sure!

Usual hot shower prep.
Gillette President (the one owned by FDR.. :roll: )
Gillette Platinum (1)
Moos Stick
Tigress Brush
Alum.
Work shave 1 pass and a clean up. 1st time using this blade smooth shave, so we will see if it stays that way...... ;)

Proraso Pre & Post
EJ DE89
Gillette Super Thin (1)
Ingram Shaving Cream
Vulvix 404
KOS K-BLM
Old Spice AS

First time using a GST in my DE89 and its a fantastic blade as it gave the same shave using my Merkur 34C. Think i will be buying some soon.

Toasty hot shower
EJ DE89bl
Astra Superior Platinum (1)
Trumpers Violet shaving cream (otherwise known as "is there a lather fountain in my Vulfix 404?" :D

Three passes and touch-up, technique improving, still struggling with the bit behind the corners of the jaw.

Finished off with a rubdown with my new alum block and lots of rinsing with cold water, then some aftershave splash a few minutes later once face dry.

Very satisfying shave.

Ainslie

missingskin said:
Usual hot shower prep.

What's doin Steve,

Oh yeah, I remember when you got that razor. There was some amazing story that went along with the purchase........the heck was that now? Wasn't the President a gift from FDR to Winston Churchill? Hmmm, maybe it was given to Charles Laughton.........or possibly Charlie Chaplin. Can't quite remember.........sheeesh!

I do remember thinking to myself about how lucky you were to acquire something that rare. I know I'd never sell one like that if I was fortunate enough to find one.

Martin

dodgy said:
missingskin said:
Usual hot shower prep.

What's doin Steve,

Oh yeah, I remember when you got that razor. There was some amazing story that went along with the purchase........the heck was that now? Wasn't the President a gift from FDR to Winston Churchill? Hmmm, maybe it was given to Charles Laughton.........or possibly Charlie Chaplin. Can't quite remember.........sheeesh!

I do remember thinking to myself about how lucky you were to acquire something that rare. I know I'd never sell one like that if I was fortunate enough to find one.

Martin

Hi Martin,
Doing good, hows life in the good ole US of A?
Yer I would have hung onto that razor if I was you, did you know it was a prototype and one of a kind when you sold it to me??

Could come to some arrangement if you have sellers remorse........ :shock: ;) ;)

missingskin said:

Hi Martin,
Doing good, hows life in the good ole US of A?
Yer I would have hung onto that razor if I was you, did you know it was a prototype and one of a kind when you sold it to me??

Could come to some arrangement if you have sellers remorse........ :shock: ;) ;)[/quote]

Holy crap! I remember now.......I DID sell you that razor. Yeah, the tremendous case of seller's remorse caused selective amnesia....till now. I must have really needed that $400 for something, but thank God the amnesia thing still extends to that part.

I must have been momentarily insane to give up that so very special one of a kind piece of history. Yeah, it was Winston Churchill who received it, because that blade case had "From Frank to Winnie" engraved on the thing.

Heh, you got the best of me on that deal.

Wednesday - Birthday SOTD

Gillette Black-handled Superspeed (N1), Feather, Tabac soap
Simpsons Commodore X1, Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Citrus Musk Eau De Cologne

1301475161906.jpg

Wedensday

Brush - Duke 3
Soap - Prosaro White
Razor - Ever ready 1912
AS - Massimo Dutti Sample

20110330_001.jpg

Very nice indeed.
The AS was a sample along with a brummel sample and I must say very nice scent, and does the job its meant to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom