Wed.

White proraso pre/post
Sem LE 09
Nannys original lime
Laurel OC + Feather (2)
Alum
Thayers with Aloe
Anthonys Razor burn relief

Not good one this. Havent tried a boar for ages, so out came the LE 09 - got a great lather. However, smooth but irritated after 3 passes. binned the feather, and had to get the razor burn relief out.

New blade and razor next time out I think.

Wednesday, 09-29-10.

Soap from Alepo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette English Red Tip - Iridium Super #2 - Pre Proraso - TABAC - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Bowling Green + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado29-09-10003.jpg

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Simpsons Case
Cream: Prairie-Creation sample 3
AS Cologne: Pinaud Special Reserve

SPM_A3106.jpg

Wring 2x. 2min45. 4 pass. Smooth post shave. Very thick lather. Thinned on 3rd pass.

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Calfa 13/16, made in Japan (most likely swedish steel, lol)
Bruish: New Forest
Soap: Cella
AS: Floid
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
First shave with this one, didn´t expect much, but boy did she deliver. Today I´m working with my boss all day and I´ve been trying to get him to wet shave, but he´s not there yet (I got him to smoke cigars after many years, he he). I allways calls him elephant skin and he tries to find flaws in my shaving, but he won´t today :shave.
49593d1285827857-sotd-sun-september-26th-sat-october-3rd-snb13690.jpg

Thursday
Razor: Sensor (by Edwin Jagger)
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 in two-band Super
Cream: Acqua Di Parma Colonia (Collezione Barbiere)
Cologne: D R Harris 'His' Toilet Water

Thursday

Schick Injector Dial Adjustable*
Schick Platinuim Blade
New Forest 2201
Taylor Lavender Shaving Cream (Finished the pot!!)
Floid Blue a/s (Finished the sample)

*Not used this razor for a while. I'd forgotten just how good it is.

Ian

Gillette Tech OC
Astra (2)
Kent BK8
Real Shaving Co Senstiive Cream
Real Shaving Co Senstiive ASB

Quick word about Real Shaving Co - Creightons sell off some of their gear on ebay (seller id is cartyjohnson I think) and there are some amazing prices - I got 6 tubes of cream and 6 tubes of balm for about 12 quid and they were very helpful when stuff went missing. And I've got to say, bang for buck wise, its really good stuff.

Thursday:

Hot towel and watery lather
Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort cream
New Forest 2201
Feather AS DE
Feather blade
Truefitt and Hill Ultimate Comfort ASB
Gucci by Gucci cologne

My first shave with the Feather, which arrived yesterday from Vinny. A few are appearing for sale secondhand, which shows that it's something of a "Marmite" razor. All I can say, on the strength of just one shave, is that it provided me with probably the best shaving experience that I've had so far. So comfortable that at times it felt as if I had forgotten to put a blade in. An absolutely exquisite piece of design and engineering. So, while it may not suit everybody, on first acquaintance it would appear to suit me.

Regards

Ian

Good morning,

Simple face wash
Merkur HD and Feather blade
Nanny's Eucalyptus shaving soap
Frankie boy's badger brush
GFT Coral skin food
Juicy Couture Dirty English cologne

The skin food bottle has now been turned upside down to get the last out of it. I think that the Trumpers fairy visits my house each night to add a little into the bottle. it just goes on and on.

Thanks.

EJDE89L + BIC (4)
Semogue 1460 + John Lewis soap/Blue Stratos cream combo
Witch Hazel + Blue Stratos a/s
Blue Stratos EDT

The Blue Stratos cream has a menthol cooling sensation/tingle which, combined with the classic scent, is a winner for me.
Shame it's not readily available. (I bought Paul's last two and I don't know anywhere else that sells it.)

The paint finish on my Semogue is cracking around the knot :( I've only had it a few months and used it in rotation with 3 other brushes, so it's not had much use. I thought the problems with their paint finishes had been sorted. Might drop them an email.

Thursday, 09-30-10. La Toja day.

Soap from Alepo - Omega 6236 silvertip 30 mm. - Wilkinson Sword "Sticky" - Croma blade #1 - Pre Proraso - La Toja stick in a puck enriched with glycerin - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL La Toja + ASB La Toja.

Afeitado30-09-10002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom