Friday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: C V Heljestrand MK 42
Brush: Ikon 24 mm silvertip chubby in solid jade handle
Soap: Scheerzeep Bay Rum
AS: Virgin Island Bay Rum
Strop: Neil Miller linen/buffallo 30/60
Result: W O W :D

What a blade, stiff like nothing else (think english wedge stiff :geek: , I didn´t get a sound of it when stroping :ugeek: ) and a seriuos shaver. Got a little to aggressive on the lower part of the neck and I´m a little red there now, but W O W factor still remains. Very nice razor!
49633d1285913954-sotd-sun-september-26th-sat-october-3rd-snb13703.jpg

Friday

Schick Injector Dial Adjustable
Schick Platinum Blade
New Forest 2201
Coates Ltd Edition Shaving Cream
Williams Aqua Velva (EU version)

Ian

Friday- last of the Fitjar sample

WS Classic with an Israeli (3rd time out for this blade, still good)
Last of the little pot of Fitjar from Rev-O (very nice too)

Missed a bit and had to trim with an electric I keep in my desk :shock:

hunnymonster said:
Last shave as a thirty-something...

Reknotted Omega 48
Omega Soap
1958 British Gillette TV Special (Rhodium plated - natch)
Gillette Bleueueueue
Proraso AS

In a little over an hour I'll hit the big 40. To cushion that slightly I have taken a wee dram of Penderyn Welsh Whisky - Peated and very pleasant it is too - like a smoky Bruichladdich or Bunnahabhain. I'm sure I'll have many more of these as a forty-something :lol:

Happy Birthday mate!

I will be 40 at the end of this year as well. I am quite looking forward to it to be honest.

This morning's shave:

Proraso sensitive pre/post shave
Simpson Keyhole 2
D R Harris Arlington
Muhle R106 with a Gillette 7 o'clock
Nivea sensitive ASB

I have been getting pretty good shaves this week. However, I have began to realise that even trying a XTG pass after a WTG pass on my jawline can leave it irritated for a couple of hours and I am not sure if the irritation actually warrants the extra smoothness.

More slight tweaking is required.

Thursday night.

Had to be a reasonably quick shave last night after a late session in the gym.

Change of equipment, Gave the 38R a run with an untried blade. (Astra keramik)
Normal hot shower followed by proraso pre.
Whipped up some Palmolive cream with the NF220, and preceeded to have, i think, the cleanest most comfortable shave to date. I like this combo a lot. First impression puts it above the red personnas.
Finnished with alum, propraso post and some Trumpers lime skin food.

All very pleasent.

Happy 40th HM !!
;)

hunnymonster said:

Reknotted Omega 48
Omega Soap
Gillette Bleueueueue
Proraso AS

In a little over an hour I'll hit the big 40. To cushion that slightly I have taken a wee dram of Penderyn Welsh Whisky - Peated and very pleasant it is too - like a smoky Bruichladdich or Bunnahabhain. I'm sure I'll have many more of these as a forty-something :lol:

hunnymonster said:

Reknotted Omega 48
Omega Soap
Gillette Bleueueueue
Proraso AS

Such a baby :lol: Seriously: Congratulations!!!

Tom: Nice to see you, thank you for the edges you gave me earlier this year! They where Sharp :D

Happy birthday, HM!

Friday:

Hot towel and watery lather
Acca Kappa 1869 cream
New Forest 2201
Feather AS DE
Feather blade
Acca Kappa 1869 post-shave balm
Acca Kappa 1869 cologne

Day two with the Feather, and the result was just as good as day one. And just as comfortable. Early days, I know, but I feel that I may just have hit the sweet spot with this combination of razor and blade. I'm working on the theory that the razor was designed from the outset to be used with the Feather blade, and it certainly gives a very smooth and comfortable shave. It's a lot of money to spend on a razor, but if it works for you, it's worth it.

Regards

Ian

Gillette Black handled SuperSpeed
Simpson Beaufort B1
Conaught lemon shaving cream
Gillette SuperThin (2)
Alum
Nivea ASB
Aqua Velva AS

Overal a nice shave, I do find this SS extremely mild, you probably couldn't cut yourself if you tried... does chop the whiskers properly though..
The conaught shaving cream might have something to do with it, it was my first shave with it. (I've had it for a while..)

So next time I'll try the cream with a Bleue/Derby in my Futur, sound like a good combo.

And of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY HUNNYMONSTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom