Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Trumper Razor
Treet Platinum*
New Forest 2201
Taylor Lavender Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum with Limes and Peppercorns
Trumper Spanish Leather edc

*Found a packet of these blades at the back of my stash drawer. Somebody must have sent them to me. They don't work at all for me. Tuggy, like a Derby or a Personna.

Ian

Saturday

Bassler 5/8 straight
Erasmic Shavebowl
WS Boar Brush
Alum
OS Whitewater

1st time for a pre-work straight shave, and a SAS. No clean up or anything but still perfectly presentable.

Saturday 25th September 2010

'40s Super Speed > Wilkinson classic vintage (#7) > MWF > SOC > Floid Italian blue > Proraso asb > YSL Kouros EdT

IMG_1187.jpg

Saturday
Razor: 1970's Super Speed
Blade: Feather Hi Stainless
Brush: Simpson Duke 2 Best
Cream: Acqua Di Parma Colonia (Collezione Barbiere)
Aftershave: ------------
Cologne: Czech & Speake #88

Good morning all,

Simple face wash
Coral skin food (yes, still some left)
Feather and Futur
Frankie boy's badger (with modified reduced loft ;) )
Nanny's Eucalyptus & Tea tree soap
More skin food
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo cologne

Squeezed out a 4th shave from this blade, that's why I went for liberal use of the skin food. Still loving the silly soap, it's quite thirsty but a good shaver and skin conditioner.
The moisturiser is from Boots cheapest range of mens' skin care products, and apart from the price I notice no difference between that and the No7.
The Hugo Boss is turning out to be an everyday scent for me.

Saturday

Hot shower
Men-U Shaving Brush
Lider Classic Shave Cream
Merkur Travel Razor
Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (4)
Nivea for Men Sensitive After Shave Balm

I'm loving this blade! Had 3 great shave with the blade in futur previously and thought I'd give the travel razor a go today, still got a great shave with 2 passes but a little more touch up required than the futur. Only downside was a nick above the lip today but that was my fault for rushing a little and applying too much pressure (always respect the blade!)

Saturday morning

feather portable
gillette bleue
godrej shaving round
404 bodger brush
alum
Old spice fresh lime

In a hotel so just grabbed some handy kit. First go with the bleue, not bad at all. The godrej never ceases to amaze me ,so good for such a paltry cost.

Saturday - wIth an 'orrile cold, keeping it simple.
Hot towel
Lime Skin Food
Palmolive cream
New Astra blade in the WS Classic
2 passes wtg
Witch Hazel
Aqueous cream

Made me feel much better!

Saturday mid day
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Trustworthy Mappin & Webb
Brush: Henk custom 22 mm silvertip
Cream: Scheerzeep Dutch Moss
AS: Floid
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Clean :D
This is one of my favourite blades, so smooth and sharp, it was such a joy and plesure to shave today ... and of course I nicked my self when relaxing to much :roll:. I really like the scent off Henks cream (or is it very soft soap? :lol:). I did however have to work hard to get the right ratio of water and soap, but I´m pretty sure it´s my tecnique and not the soap.Scent made me think of x-mas and gingerbread, but it wasn´t cinnamon, I think :? .
49367d1285416455-sotd-sun-september-19th-sat-september-25th-snb13585.jpg

Mikael said:
Saturday mid day
Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Trustworthy Mappin & Webb
Brush: Henk custom 22 mm silvertip
Cream: Scheerzeep Dutch Moss
AS: Floid
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Mr Clean :D
This is one of my favourite blades, so smooth and sharp, it was such a joy and plesure to shave today ... and of course I nicked my self when relaxing to much :roll:. I really like the scent off Henks cream (or is it very soft soap? :lol:). I did however have to work hard to get the right ratio of water and soap, but I´m pretty sure it´s my tecnique and not the soap.Scent made me think of x-mas and gingerbread, but it wasn´t cinnamon, I think :? .
49367d1285416455-sotd-sun-september-19th-sat-september-25th-snb13585.jpg

That very is a very beautiful brush!

Saturday:

As Friday - the full Acca Kappa experience:

Hot towel + light lather as prep
Acca Kappa 1869 cream
New Forest 2201 brush
Merkur Futur
Feather blade
Acca Kappa 1869 after shave gel
Acca Kappa 1869 cologne

The Feather on day 3 feels a bit like a Derby on day 1. I'll give it one more day.

Regards

Ian

It is custom made. I believe it is made by Henk, and if you contact him he'll explain to you that he can do some standard (Persian Jar, Keyhole, etc.) designs but also 'special' ones. Creativity has no limit.

This of course may well apply to all other fellow TSR members who also make custom brushes (Neo, beejay, etc.) No affiliation to anyone from my side, just to make that clear.

Ids said:
N_Architect said:
Ids said:
That very is a very beautiful brush!
Beautiful to the point that made Fido once say this should not be used for shaving, instead be preserved! Henk has done a terrific job here.

I noticed it's a custom, take it, it was once only?

It´s indeed Henk who made it and I´m sure he can make another one. He got made skills, I tell you. The finish is very, very nice. The varnish is spot on even divided in many layers in every corner (which is hard on a small piece like a brush handle).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom