Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday

5/8" USA Special
Wars Cream
Vulfix 404 Boar
Alum
Blue Stratos

Very nice shave, very satisfying, getting there with my str8 shaving technique now, gradually building consistence and I reckon that by the time the Olympics are here I'll be able to get a BBS whenever I want! :mrgreen:

Thursday
Trumper Eucris SS/Wilkinson Quattro titanium/New Forest finest badger/Weleda ASB
P1090994.jpg

SOTD 30 September

Hot Shower Chandrika Sandal Soap - India
Neutrogena sesame formula body oil
English Razor with Brit Pat 694093; could you ID for me? A Rocket?
JEWEL Blade - Sheffield (1) Thank you very much Trainman!
FS Luxury Badger
Edwin Jagger Sandalwood Cream - Sheffield
Edwin Jagger AS Lotion Sandalwood - Sheffield
Honey Bee Gardens: HBG For Men - Sandalwood, US

After shaving with a Schick injector SE for last 5 days, my face was going to know right away how this blade performed. The SE shave is precise and I grew to expect a "1 pass" shave, so be sure to lather up and become a slickster. This Jewel blade did an outstanding WTG 1st pass; 2nd pass ATG ... shave mission complete ... no touch-ups either. That was a very nice and memorable smooth shave. Thanks again Dave for allowing me to try a JEWEL. Does anyone have a stash of these blades that they would like to sell or trade? Got the day off so it's off to the tractor to mow the lawn. Later gentlemen.

Attachments

• Jewel The Sheffield Blade.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 74
Looks like '40s style Rocket to me, Robert.

Thursday

34G & Gillette Platinum (#3)
Semogue 1438 & Dovo veggie soap
Nivea sensitive after shave cream & Florena after shave/eau de toilette

Thursday

Alu Tech
Lord Platinum x 5
Speick soap
Semogue 1800
Shulton Old Spice a\s

end of the line for this blade, don't want to risk another shave
it'd do a WTG for a few more but i've been sent loads more to try :hungrig

feels good to break out the Shulton, perfect autumn scent :cool:

bean said:
Semogue 1460

The paint finish on my Semogue is cracking around the knot :( I've only had it a few months and used it in rotation with 3 other brushes, so it's not had much use. I thought the problems with their paint finishes had been sorted. Might drop them an email.

Or you could PM Leon on TSR.

Thursday Evening

Hot Shower
Nanny's Lavender
NF 2201
Fatboy (3-7)
Derby Astra (2)
Osma Alum
Prof. Blight's Universal Shaving tonic
Nivea ASB

Nanny's lavender nicely followed my Original Source Lavender and Tea Tree shower gel. This was perhaps my first less than great experience with the Derby, maybe it's the quality control issue, maybe it's my improved skill highlighting their shortfall's - we'll see. I pushed my luck a bit on my neck, but that was just me experimenting with technique, as highlighted by the sting from the alum!

The Shave Tonic was nice, credit to the Prof, however after about 10 minutes my skin felt quite tight again, hence the ASB, I can't necessarily put that down to the tonic however.

New member here... just posted my introduction, so I thought I might as well jump in with a SOTD...

Thursday, 9.30.10

Aura Glow & Hot Towel Treatment
Gentlemen's Best Signature Series Shave Soap
Simpson's Ehsan 2-band Super
W.H. Morley & Sons Clover Brand 11/16ths
SRD Premium I Strop .. 50 Linen/100 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Good Ole' Pinaud Clubman

The Morley was a bit harsh after the last honing. A good stropping seemed to tame it a bit...

IMG_2080.jpg

Thursday 30th September

New Forest 2201
La Toja stick
Gillette Fatboy on 4
Gillette Super Thin (1)
Alum
Lime skin food

I've had the Fatboy for a few months but hadn't gotten around to shaving with it until tonight. Well I wish I'd tried it sooner, I did two passes (WTG + XTG) and ended up with probably my smoothest shave to date with no irritation. I'd planned on getting the razor replated and then shaving with it but thought I best see if I liked the shave first. I'll probably send it off to be done now.

Last shave as a thirty-something...

Reknotted Omega 48
Omega Soap
1958 British Gillette TV Special (Rhodium plated - natch)
Gillette Bleueueueue
Proraso AS

In a little over an hour I'll hit the big 40. To cushion that slightly I have taken a wee dram of Penderyn Welsh Whisky - Peated and very pleasant it is too - like a smoky Bruichladdich or Bunnahabhain. I'm sure I'll have many more of these as a forty-something :lol:

Thursday Night:

• - Edwin Jagger Sea-Buckthorn shave cream
    - Vie Long 13723 Horse hair with faux-badger dye job
    - Merkur 42 Classic 1904
    - Rapira Super stainless
    - Lemon Thayers' Witch Hazel
    - Kartopu Kolonya Gül Suyu Rose water
    - WhiteWater ASL by Old Spice[/list:u]

Nicely, nicely, thank you, thank you.

The Vie Long was very good on its first time out of the box - dense knot, good amount of spine, soft tips but still able to get in there and scrub when called upon. I know that hair from the mane and tail can be used for shaving brushes, but I think it was fairly obvious where the hair for this knot came from.
    • Third pass, and the breach opened out a bit more to free some of the thickest slickest lather; accompanying the lather, like a windy uncle's beer-and-pickled-egg fug, out dropped the childhood scent of road apples, which evoked childhood days of yesteryear ...
      • ... summers and weekends on the ol' farm, teaching myself the ever-important art of being somewhere else when chores were being assigned.[/list:u][/list:u]

After the OK shave off the Chosera 10K last week, I decided the edge needed more, so I took it back to the glass stones, using 3K, 6K gray, 10K, 30K glass. The shave was absolutely divine :) This was also my first shave with Olivia's Bay Rum. It smells heavenly and the lotion had a little zing to it, which I didn't expect, but didn't mind, either.

Cream: Olivia's Bay Rum
After Shave Lotion: Olivia's Bay Rum (summer blend)
Brush: Penworks
Razor: Dovo Special, honed to 30K Glass

Image0077.jpg

Thursday
Razor: Sensor (by Edwin Jagger)
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2 in two-band Super
Cream: Acqua Di Parma Colonia (Collezione Barbiere)
Cologne: Czech & Speake #88

Not really a 'cream' person but the Acqua Di Parma stuff is very nice. Made in Italy. Has the same feel as Cella. No Tallow. Added bonus that I don't have to buy it on-line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom