EDT: Czech & Speake #88

Because I'm worth it.

Wednesday

Gillette fusion gamer
Proglide blade
MB aged spice
Floid blue
Nivea ASB

Heard the wilkinson sword hydro comes out at the weekend so I'll be comparing that to the sensor 3 and I reckon the fusion won't be making an appearance after this week. Also the floid, not for me.

heroblob said:
also like to try some proraso shaving cream and AS for that full Proraso treat.

I've just completed the Proraso hat trick of Pre shave cream, Soap and AS - Wow :D I also put some AS in a small 5ml bottle and add 2 or 3 menthol crystal for the full eye watering effect :shock:

Wednesday:

Hot towel
Truefitt and Hill pre-shave oil
Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn cream
Edwin Jagger DE87
Derby blade
Edwin Jagger Sea Buckthorn post-shave balm

I was using up some EJ samples, and was reminded that this stuff is actually rather pleasant. If I didn't want to sample a few other creams, I'd definitely consider buying some.

The DE87 and Derby combination seems to work quite well for me, giving a comfortable shave with no nicks or cuts etc. If I have a criticism of the razor it's that they could have just put a slight radius on the corners of the head. But otherwise, it's fine, and does a very good job.

Regards

Ian

Wednesday

Futur
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Taylor's Lavender Shaving Cream
Floid Blue a/s

Chasing the last bit of cream around the tub.

Ian

Wednesday

The day that everything went wrong but the end result turned out alright.

Futur
Gillette Super Thin (vietnamese)
Gillette Cream
No Name Badger
Thayers Superhazel
Speick AS

Well I forgot that the Gillette Cream is already pretty watery so I started lathering and it was too thin so popped to a mug to work it a bit more. Started lathering up again, looking good.... Postie comes to the door with a parcel.
Re-lathered again, started shaving. All well for first pass and then completely out of character I take a chunk out of my top lip just below my right nostril. Bloody good un aswell. Out with the alum. Bleeding stops. 2nd pass is ok but then I start getting tugging and it feels like the razor isn't working at all. Finish the pass got a few bleeding bits then look at the razor to realise that for some reason it was set at 1 instead of the usual 1.75 - 2 that I usually have. So I clean up my chops, alum, hazel, AS........... and apart from a few stray patches the shave actually turned out to be ok.

Wednesday

Hot face wash/ proraso pre
Arko / NF2201 Bowl lathered.
HD Rocket/ red personna.
Alum/ proraso post
Trumpers lime skin food.

First attempt with the Arko. Cut it up and pushed it into a small ramekin. Soaked the brush shock out the excess and swirled it round in the arko to load the brush. My god, immediately it started to build a lather in the ramekin. Transferred to my mug and very quickly built and impressive lather. Not a bad sent. Good clean shave. Not as nice as Nanny's but certainly not unpleasant.

heroblob said:
Wednesday

HD Rocket/ red personna.
Alum/ proraso post
Trumpers lime skin food.

First attempt with the Arko. Cut it up and pushed it into a small ramekin. Soaked the brush shock out the excess and swirled it round in the arko to load the brush. My god, immediately it started to build a lather in the ramekin. Transferred to my mug and very quickly built and impressive lather. Not a bad sent. Good clean shave. Not as nice as Nanny's but certainly not unpleasant.

+1

That's the sort of thing that I've said too, but to some folks around the Room, that makes us almost the same as urinal cake sniffers ...

:roll:

Wednesday

M de C, NF2211 Finest Silvertip pototype - what a lather! Face lathering is fine but my preference is to build a lather in a bowl even from soap. You can still have a scrub and massage after painting some lather on. Maca Root balm continues to impress.

9-6.jpg

Fido said:
Wednesday

M de C, NF2211 Finest Silvertip pototype - what a lather! Face lathering is fine but my preference is to build a lather in a bowl even from soap. You can still have a scrub and massage after painting some lather on. Maca Root balm continues to impress.

9-6.jpg
[/quote

Fido is the Maca root scented?

Urban Hermit said:
heroblob said:
Wednesday

HD Rocket/ red personna.
Alum/ proraso post
Trumpers lime skin food.

+1

That's the sort of thing that I've said too, but to some folks around the Room, that makes us almost the same as urinal cake sniffers ...

:roll:

Im with you guy's, theres nowt wrong with ARKO. :shave

Kevin said:
Fido said:
Wednesday

9-6.jpg
[/quote

Fido is the Maca root scented?
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=494" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=34&t=494</a><!-- l -->

"The scent is kind of ocean like with a hint of citrus, reminds me of Hugo or Calvin Klein Eternity. Quite pleasant actually but it doesn't linger and won't interfere with cologne or your morning spray of Lynx."

Err ...... I haven't a clue how to describe the scent. But I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom