Feather and Futur
Omega Boar brush
Nanny's Eucalyptus shaving soap
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Hugo cologne

It's getting a bit samey, but it's all good. :shave

Thanks

Tuesday Morning

Got home from a night shift this morning and decided to go for a run before bed. 2 miles on the tread mill and some free weights latter and ready for a shower and bed.

Hot shower / proraso pre.
Nanny's citrus zinger / Fidos finest.
Rocket HD 500/ red personna #4
Alum / proraso post / Trumpers lime skin food.

Probably the closest shave to date. Virtually no irritation Even with 5 passes and touch up. How i am enjoying this new luxury.
I wonder if a sharper blade would give the same results with less passes. Am i ready for that step yet or would i end up with copious claret as above.
Might have to place an order with Paul for some super thins to try, also like to try some proraso shaving cream and AS for that full Proraso treat.
Looking forward to the next shave already.

antdad said:
I was just going to say I'm enjoying a Super Thin in my HD. You shouldn't see claret but 5 + passes does sounds a "little" excessive.
Yeah agree, though I find the HD quite a "mild" razor, so you might get away with it, but probably don't need that many passes, even for a DFS/BSS, YMMV

FB.

Technique lads I'm still learning. But what is encouraging is that even with that number of passes I'm getting almost no irritation, so something must be going OK. Perhaps i have started to get better lather production. Just wondered if a sharper blade would cut more stubble quicker with the need for less passes.

Tuesday - interrupted by toast!

Same old WS Classic / Astra (4) and a blob of Fitjar, but was interrupted by Mrs Sb. "TOAST!" came the call from downstairs. Nothing worse than cold toast for breakfast, so a quick rinse, witch hazel splash and bit of moisturizer. Throw all the stuff back on the shelf and done. Result: good hot toast, a steaming mug of coffee, but a not quite complete shave. Oh and a messy bathroom...

For Heroblob: A sharper blade may help but you can also increase the efficiency of each pass by really examining the direction of beard growth and introducing an accurate WTG and XTG pass.

Tuesday

Ever Ready 1912
GEM SE blade
Arko Commando cream
Kent BK4
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Body Shop Activist EDT

First time I've used the BK4 in a while, and the first time I've bowl-lathered in ages. The BK4 is ideal for it - it's got quite a large, soft head of silvertip badger and generates whopping great wodges of lather. I'd almost forgotten how good it is, as I've got quite used to using the smaller Commodore X1 to face lather as it saves on time and cleaning up. Laziness, really... ;)

Tuesday
Trumpers Eucris SS/Shick Hydro 3/Frank Shaving best badger brush/Burberry ASB
P1090983.jpg

Tuesday Night:

• - Mitchell's Wool Fat
    • (I hate abbreviating such a great product name)[/list:u]
      - Le Tuft Cobalt Blue
      - 'H3' Gillette 'Slim' Adjustable set at '5'
      - Treet DuraSharp stainless steel
      - Thayers' Rose Witch Hazel
      - Ed Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum as ASL[/list:u]

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: vintage Bushmar
Razor: Klas Törnblom X
Soap: Scheerzeep Dutch Moss
AS: Clubman Bay Rum
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean
First time after the summer I heated the scuttle in the micro Lovely shave all the way (even though I heated the scuttle to much, 1 1/2 minute on speed heat is to hot).
49553d1285741537-sotd-sun-september-26th-sat-october-3rd-snb13675.jpg

Wednesday

Futur
Thai Superthin (2)
Neo Finest 2-Band
P-160
Alum
Brut Aquatonic AS
Giobellini (?) ASB

I had forgotten just how easy it is to create some great protective lather with the P-160! I ended up probably overloading the brush to start with too, but hey!
The ASB is funnily enough the Lidl's ASB in the same type of container as L'oreal seem to use (with the pump on the top and it all being a small cylinder). It really isn't bad at all and is obviously quite cheap! The scent is ok, but doesn't last long in any case, especially if some AS has been applied 1st. It is a touch greasy, but a little goes a long way in my experience.

Have a good day gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom