Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Super Iridium Day 1
Brush: Vulfix 404 Boar
Soap: Erasmic Shavebowl
After: Alum rub and Envy EDT

Last time I tried a Super Iridium it was a rough few shaves so I thought I would try again bur with a milder razor. The Feather Popular certainly tamed the blade albeit at the expense of not getting quite such a good shave. I did however get one of the best lathers I've had so far from the Erasmic bowl though.

Wednesday

Tuesday

Fat boy
Super Iridium
vulfix 404 bodger
Nannys yushu soap
alum
Nivea asb/Aqua velva
Dialled the Fatboy down to 3 and worked fine. Used the super Iridiums before (thanks to a PIF from Fido) and got a small stock based on that experience , I find them smooth and sharp.
Iquite like the Aqua velva , nice smell and SMBO approves . BBS.

Damian

Wednesday

MWF wash soap
HD Rocket & Astra SP (final 4th)
404 Mix
Tabac Soap
Alum
Hackett PSB
Tabac ASL

A bit shabby this morning :? All down to the human interface struggling with being vertical. I did 1 quick pass without cutting myself up and thought 'bugger it - that'll do for today!', no point tempting fate by going again, pity as i lathered rather well this morning. Not so well that i would add 2 pints of Pedigree, 2 pints of Oyster Stout and 5 pints of Banks's Original to my daily shave routine.

Remember kids, it's not big and it's not bloody clever either!

BTW, walked to work this morning!

moodymick said:
Wednesday

MWF wash soap
HD Rocket & Astra SP (final 4th)
404 Mix
Tabac Soap
Alum
Hackett PSB
Tabac ASL

A bit shabby this morning :? All down to the human interface struggling with being vertical. I did 1 quick pass without cutting myself up and thought 'bugger it - that'll do for today!', no point tempting fate by going again, pity as i lathered rather well this morning. Not so well that i would add 2 pints of Pedigree, 2 pints of Oyster Stout and 5 pints of Banks's Original to my daily shave routine.

Remember kids, it's not big and it's not bloody clever either!

BTW, walked to work this morning!

Got to love the Oyster Stout but normally leave it until the weekend :lol:

Wednesday

Edwin Jagger DE87
Gillette Super Thin (1)
No Name Badger
Palmolive/Palmolive [Uberlather]
Alum
Witch Hazel
One Planet AB
Umbro Sport AS

Back to the EJ today, the Super Thin to me feels like a cross between a 7 O'Clock Yellow and a Feather, sharp (not as sharp as a Feather and smooth) a really nice shave with a BBS finish.

Have a spiffng day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Hello again. Particularly nice one this morning. Day 6 (i think) as a 'DE' user.

Merkur 38C
Iridum super blade
Palolive cream in a tube (with 'Aloe')
boots shave stick
a bit of 'Eternity' after shave.

Shower with hair conditioner rubbed onto beard area, rinsed off upon completion of shower.
Kept face wet, starter to lather - Palmolive cream on a cheapy bristle brush. Built up a nice lather in a big mug.
Then, rubbed the boots shave stick onto face.

Applied palmolive lather whilst 'bigging up' the boots soap on face.

Nice and smooth shave, one WTG, one XTG, and a few little bits slightly ATG.

Eternity didn't sting - just felt good.

I 'think' it was a DFS, although in places was definatelly a BBS.

Impster

Wednesday 04-28-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Proraso - 50's restored brush with TGN silver grade A - Merkur 25C - Astra #3 - Tumpers Coconut sample - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pashana sample.

Afeitado28-04-10.jpg

Wednesday

1949/50 Superspeed
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Body Shop Maca Root cream
Kent BK4
Alum Block
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Simple for Men AS Balm

The straps on my cycling helmet gave me a bit of a rubbed-rash on my neck today, so I went VERY easy on it when shaving. When I was done, I decided to reverse the balm and AS order, so the Bay Rum went on first. Once the fire eventually went out on my skin, the balm was applied. :D Result - rash gone, skin feels and smells lovely.

Thor's Day

MWF
HD Rocket & Astra SP (2)
Tabac & 404 Mix
Alum
Old Spice ASL

Does anyone else find that if they had a decent shave the previous evening, that when they shave next morning it is only ever SAS? I'm guessing that it must be the lack of a cutting sound, as i always shave better - when there's more to remove (well, up to a point of course).

Thursday

Merkur HD
Shogun D1
Semogue 830
Godrej Deluxe SC
Alum
Speick ASL

First go with a Shogun ~ not a great shave not the worst either. I will give it another whirl tomorrow.

Damian Murphy said:
Saturday

Flare tip rocket
Gillette super thin viet (2)
Vulfix 404 bodger
nanny's juniper yushu soap
alum
niveas sensitive asb / old spice fresh lime

The Rocket and super thin are working really well. First go with the soap , nice fresh smell softer than I'm used to ,worked a treat great lather 3 passes +. Then the old spice fresh lime with the nivea sensitive, lovely stuff . Got a BBS.

Damian
'Mornin' Damian!

Question: How do you work your Nivea ASB and Old Spice? Do you put your balm on the shaven skin and Old Spice on back of neck, top of chest etc.. Or do you mix 'em together and whackit on all over?

spandex.. :)

Thursday

Futur (2 and 1.5 ATG)
Croma Diamant (4)
SWK Scuttle
Neo Finest 2-Band in Burl
Van Der Hagen Deluxe
Brut Aquatonic AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB

That was certainly the last shave from that blade. It wasn't as comfortable throughout as i am used to - i suppose i should have ditched the blade during the shave but i stuck with it. No great dramas, i'm not cut up, it just wasn't particularly comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom