Shave of the Day w/c Saturday 24th April 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Proraso
Merkur HD w/ Astra Keramic
Real Shave Co. Moisturizer

Left myself about 5 minutes for the shave so did the fastest 2 pass ever, not particularly close but acceptable, in hindsight should have spent a little longer building my (face) lather and done a single pass with touch up as needed. (Or with more hind sight given myself 20 minutes for the shave :oops: )

Tuesday

Gillette Tech
Feather
EJ Best Badger
Penhaligon's English Fern Soap
Nivea asb
Trumper's Bay Rum Cologne

The Tech/Feather combo works very well for me. No repeat of yesterday's face "heat".

Ian

Razor: Tsugeru Kanetaka S1, S2
Brush: Vie-Long 13061, 14833
Cream: Old Progress Vulfix Sandalwood
AS: Benjamins Bayrum, Menthol, AII Osage

SPM_A0824.jpg

Tuesday

Mühle R89
Israeli tesco Blade (3)
Pure Badger brush
PalmOlive SS
Cold water rinse with AS mix (gets through AS very quickly)
Coral Skin Food

DFS/BBS with 2 passes and light touch-ups on my chin. I haven't posted a SOTD for a while as I tend to use the same combo. However, I hadn't shaved for a day and my skin was getting quite dry around my mouth. Palmolive is the best soap/cream I currently have that really does moisterise the skin even against my preferred trumpers creams.

Tuesday

Ever-Ready 1912
Gem SE (4)
Kent VS30
Culmak Soap/H&R Cream [Uberlather]
Alum
Witch Hazel
Proraso Pre/Post used as AB
Knight AS

4th time with the ER and beat my face up bad, the blade started dragging and got worse, but as the trooper I am I carried on till I could take it no more and finished of with my 1904 OC [I should know better :oops: ], after yesterdays shave with the Gem blade I was expecting at least a nice shave today, now I know I can get 3 shaves to a blade.

Have a spiffing day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Tuesday
Bic Sensitive razor
Semogue 1305 brush
Tabac shaving soap
Old Spice aftershave

Same old, same old.

Tuesday

Gillette New Regent
Lord Platinum blade
Palmolive Classic cream
Kent BK4
Alum block
Simple for Men AS Balm
Blue Stratos AS

Hadn't used the OC New in a while, so tried it with one of the Lord blades I got with one of the purchases I made on here a wee while back. Whilst the shave ended up being a good one, the blade just didn't feel right and seemed to leave my face feeling raw (even though in reality it wasn't afterwards by the time I'd washed my face clean of cream and had a warm then cold splash). IIRC this razor was a dream with a Shaving Shack Israeli blade, so I think that's what'll be used in it next time. Is it just me, or are Lord Platinums extremely thin and pliable? Perhaps a little too much which may be the cause of the problem?

Tuesday

Fat boy
Super Iridium
vulfix 404 bodger
Nannys yushu soap
alum
Boots tea tree & witchhazel
Nivea asb/old spice fresh lime

First use of the Fat boy ,decided to try a Super Iridium in it and started it on 4 , got a BBS but a little bit uncomfortable ,maybe I'll use 3 next time. The Yushu soap is excellent ,really like the smell.The Old spice fresh lime is so mmmmmmm.

Proraso Pre
Palmolive Shave Stick
TGS Super Badger
Merkur 34C w/ Persona
Real Shave Co Moisturiser w/ Armani AS

Love the Persona blades for a daily two pass shave, not ultra close* but comfortable and forgiving. For a commercial after shave I like the Armani's citrus scent, perhaps it being 5+ years old now it's lost some its punch taking it down a few notches to a more acceptable level also.

*When I say not ultra close I mean by DE standards; still closer than any cartridge razor or 'leccy thing I've ever tried. ;)

Good morning.

Pears bar soap
Wilkinson Sword shaving soap
Men-U Pure Bristle brush
Feather and Future
Old Spice AS splash
GFT Coral Skin Food

Second week of this shaving every day malarky. I've found that dialing the Futur right down makes for a more comfortable after shave. It's the old "sharp blade works better in a less aggressive razor" thing. And it's true.

Wednesday

Futur (2.5 and 2 ATG)
Croma Diamant (3)
SWK Scuttle
Neo Finest 2 Band in Burl
Dr Henk's Bay Rum Cream
CHH Tobbacco AS
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB.

A nice comfortable shave. I don't think this blade will last many more than tomorrow's shave though.

Have a good day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom