Ever-Ready 1912
Gem SE (2)
Culmak Viscount Boar
Ersamic Soap Bowl/RSC Cream [Uberlather :shave ]
Alum
Witch Hazel
Nivea Cool Kick AB
Umbro Speed AS

2nd shave with the ER and I threw the instruction sheet out of the window, I just listened to it sing instead of placing the razor flat against my face and WOW it just gets better, definitely a DFS+ most places BBS with just a hint of stubble in the hard to get places, its raining but I'll have a smile on my face going to work.

Have a jolly spiffing day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Sunday

My new bowl is a real star - whipped up another superb Castle Forbes lavender with my little 20mm knot Savile Row and the Gillette super thin continues to impress in the Merkur.

4-8.jpg

Now it's politics and football, although the latter should be a little more exciting and unpredictable.

Sunday

Tech
Bleue Extra
No name badger brush
Speick cream
Alum
Witch hazel
Aqua Velva

Concentration was off, SWMBO was being a moody cow, completely distracted and not in the mood for it. First time shaving has actually felt like a chore.

Comfortable but not as close as it could have been.

Sunday

Flare tip rocket
gillette super thin
Nanny's yushu soap
vulfix 404 bodger
alum
nivea sensitive asb/ old spice fresh lime

just as good as yesterday. A day of face painting and bouncy castles (for my son ,not me)

Damian

Tony_B said:
Saturday

Ever-Ready 1912
Gem SE (1)
Omega 80056
Gillette Blue Bowl/RSC Cream [Uberlather :shave ]
Alum
Witch Hazel
One Planet AB
Denim AS

First foray into the world of SE shaving :oops: , my 99p 1912 arrived yesterday, the blades from Paul at Connaught Thursday [Damn quick delivery from Paul as always]. cleaned the 1912 when i got home from work and this morning loaded up the Gem blade, after reading about the aggressiveness of these razors I just went for it [I have used a Feather in my Slim on 9 :shock: ], this razor sings when mowing down the stubble, when cutting it reminded me of my slant [I thought my RAD was cured when I bought the Slant, now where can I get a micromatic :roll: ]. for anyone one that likes DE shaving they should try SE shaving, I'm a convert but will still be using my DE's in rotation. I got a really nice shave but will have to work on my technique with this as it uses a different angle, so guys go out and get one they're cheap on the Bay.

Have a jolly spiffing day Gents.

TTFN

Tony
Hi Tony! Yep, sounds good. Just might get one of those and have a bash. But if it doesn't "sing" to me, I might have to send it back. I most certainly will if it comes out with a load of crappy "rap".

All the best, spandex.. ;) :lol:

Prima 6/8"
Ingram cream with nanny's yushu soap
Custom shavemac

A very interesting shave, i thought id try this combo seeing as i have done with all my soaps it resulted in one close and comfortable shave, see and feel the hair being whisked off, could be down to my stropping more or the lather either way im quite happy with the results and the menthol left a nice soothing sensation both during and after the shave, im still undecided to use any balm or witch hazel.

Did have a couple zing! moments when it bit, one on the lower neck which always catches, skin seems a bit flappy there and ther other on the jaw, i felt the whole blade go in but luckily i didn't press so only a tiny little cut hardly nothing.

spandexcodpiece said:
Hi Tony! Yep, sounds good. Just might get one of those and have a bash. But if it doesn't "sing" to me, I might have to send it back. I most certainly will if it comes out with a load of crappy "rap".

All the best, spandex.. ;) :lol:

Mine was singing better today :cool: , and now I have got a Micromatic winging its way across the Atlantic :D .

Tony

Sunday

Merkur HD 34c
Feather blade
Nanny's Yushu soap
Kent BK4
Boots Witch Hazel
Simple for Men AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

First use of a Feather in the 34c - still didn't feel anywhere near as aggressive as the Futur or 23c, but I was surprised to find that I ended up with a lovely, near-perfect shave. Another Yushu soap morning too - wanted to try and face-lather it with the Kent brush, and it worked very nicely indeed.

SUNDAY

Castle Forbes Lavender Cream (sampler)
404 Mix
HD Rocket & Astra SP (1)
Alum
Old Spice AS

Wow! Friggin' wow!!! after last weeks nightmare with my Black tip (http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2820), I spent a few days on with a 34C & Iridium to let my face settle down. So tonight, the Rocket won the toss up with my replated 40s SS, part of a sampler pot of cream and a freshly delivered blade gave me a fab shave - 3 passes, no nicks and cream to spare :p

I don't know if it was the Black Tip that was bolloxed, or if the Rocket is that good, but all i know is roll on tomorrow morning - Tabac Time!

Monday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS (2)
404 Bodger
Erasmic Cream

Proraso AS & Proraso ASB Mix.

Even splendider than yesterday! :shave

I've got a fair few creams nearing the end of tube life (in quantitive terms) so I need a concentrated blitz to clear some space in my stash drawer. The Erasmic may actually get to Wednesday but I doubt it.

Monday

Merkur 39C Slanthammer
Feather
EJ Best Badger
Penhaligon's English Fern Soap
Nivea asb
Trumpers Bay Rum

My face feels a bit warm. I think the Feather may be a bit too much in the slant.

Ian

Sunday 04-25-10. Sorry for the delay.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Myrsol emulsion - Semogue 830 - Gillette Rocket SSpeed Red - Super-Max Super Stainles #1 - Irish Moos SS - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Irish Moos.

Afeitado25-04-10002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom