Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS (1)
404 Bodger
Cussons Graphite Cream

Proraso ASB and Proraso AS Mix.

Rather nice!

The Graphite is an odd one; made in Poland (probably from the same stable as WARS - exactly the same tube etc) bought in a chemist in Fenham for only £1.15... thought it was going to be poor but it turned out rather well and quite mentholy. I don't think I'll look for any more but it will be ok to work through.

:shave

Good morning.

Imperial Leather bar soap wash
RSC sensitive shaving cream
Men-U Pure Bristle brush
Feather and Futur
Tabac AS splash
Natural Grooming Co. AS balm

Noticed that I am down to 1 and a bit pucks of soap and 1 and a bit tubes of cream. Oops. :idea:

Thanks

Tony_B said:
spandexcodpiece said:
Hi Tony! Yep, sounds good. Just might get one of those and have a bash. But if it doesn't "sing" to me, I might have to send it back. I most certainly will if it comes out with a load of crappy "rap".

All the best, spandex.. ;) :lol:

Mine was singing better today :cool: , and now I have got a Micromatic winging its way across the Atlantic :D .

Tony
Hi Tony!

Tell me, do you get slammed by the P.Office, having to pay extra before they release your goods? I got badly penalised recently when I bought a "straight" from someone in the States! Let me know if you get slammed for more dosh won't you? I would be most interested.

Cheer m'dear :)

spandex..

Fido said:
Monday

I love the scent of MWF and how my skin feels after shaving with it. But it seems a flog to generate a nice thick lather. Today I gave the only boar I now have - Semogue LE2009 - the MWF challenge. It didn't do too well. I got there in the end with a passable lather but it took a lot of time and effort. I'll stick with it for a few days to see if different water/product ratios make much difference. And then I'll try a couple of badgers. MWF is going to get an extended run to see if I can finally crack it.

4-9.jpg
Hi Fido!

I am experiencing the same with the Mitch. WFS at present. I find however, a very small addition of cream on top of the puck makes all the difference, I still have to work hard however in order to get quantity needed! But hey! I am on one hell of a learning curve at present concerning all aspects of Trad. Wet Shaving. Whewww ! ( 's wunnerful ). :D

spandex..

Hi Tony!

Tell me, do you get slammed by the P.Office, having to pay extra before they release your goods? I got badly penalised recently when I bought a "straight" from someone in the States! Let me know if you get slammed for more dosh won't you? I would be most interested.

spandex..

Hi Spandex

Never been hit yet (thats bollocked it), but the micromatic is a PIF :D , so the value shown would be minimal.

Tony

Thursday

Merkur 39C Sledgehammer
Gillette Super Thin (2)
Omega 80056
Proraso Soap
Alum
Witch Hazel
Wilkos AB
Sportstar Kurio AB

Day 2 with the Super Thin, this time in the slant and a better shave than in the EJ87 another BBS was had, I really like this blade.

Have a jolly spiffing day Chaps

Tony

Thursday

Mühle R89
Tesco Israeli blade (5)
Pure Badger
C&E camomile glycerine soap (non shaving) primed in the brush
Then face lathered with PalmOlive SS - Fantastic volumous lather. (see mantics superlather clip)
Alum
Coral Skin food/moisteriser

CCS - only done WTG and XTG passes, partly to give my face a rest. It has resulted in a very nice comfortable shave.

Tony_B said:
Hi Tony!

spandex..

Hi Spandex

Never been hit yet (thats bollocked it), but the micromatic is a PIF :D , so the value shown would be minimal.

Tony
..Oh dear, hope i haven't put the kiss of death on your-so far-clean sheet ,Tony! :(

'Bye, spandex.... :)

Thursday morning.

Soap from Aleppo - Pre Proraso - Semogue 730HD - Gillette Slim Adjustable - Rapira #2 + change to Shark #1 - Dr. Harris Lavender shaving cream - Alumb block - Thayers Lemon Astringent - 444 + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado29-04-10001.jpg

Step two in taking over the bathroom, homebrew. Step one, shaving stuff, has already taken over three of the five available shelves in the room and is encountering resistance.

Today my Mappin wedge(ish), which is now a whole new beast after a visit to the pasted strops.

DSC00012.jpg

Friday

Merkur HD
Shogun D2 *
Iridium
Semogue 830
Musgo Real
Alum
Speick ASL

* The Shogun made it about an inch down my face. Throw in an Iridium & the job was sorted.
DFS

Friday

Gillette #58
Gillette Super Thin (3)
Vulfix 404 Boadger
Boots SS/RSC Cream [Uberlather]
Alum
Witch Hazel
One Planet AB
Old Spice AS

Methinks that was the last shave out of the ST, it was dragging toward the end and didn't seem sharp, otherwise a decent enough shave, I hate these early starts :roll: .

Have a jolly spiffing day Chaps.

TTFN

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom