Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 20th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday afternoon.

Daughters 7th birthday - it seems to have been going for the past few days and will continue until the weekend......Mini party and Chinese takeaway at the inlaws tonight.

Kent H8
Unknown 'made in England' open comb head, aluminum fat tech handle
Fresh Trig blade
Taylors Almond cream
Professor Blighty's Grapewood a/s

Nice shave, the trig seemed to bite a little on the last, atg, pass but no blood and feeling good a few mins later. Hoping it might be a bit smoother on the next shave.

Monday

1968 Gillette Slim Adjustable
Feather
Col Conk Amber soap
Kent BK4
Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
Simple for Men AS balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Dialled the Slim up to 9 for WTG/XTG passes, and down to 3 for ATG. A beautiful, nick (and irritation)-free, BBS.

Tuesday

6/8 Air Brand
Arko stick
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
RSC Post-Shave Soothing Balm
Prof Blighty's Olde Mulberry cologne

Teiste said:
fozz77 said:
Hey T, do La Toja do a soap in a bowl/dish?
Yes,they do and its made in Spain as we have discovered recently.The stick is made in Slovakia and has less percentage of mineral salts.

Is this a recent development? I thought the whole point of the La Toja products were that they are made using the spring water and contain mineral salts from there. I still find the stick a great soap but didn't know this.

Tuesday

New Forest 2201
Buddel 5/8 French point

Briallen Honeyspice softish soap
Tabac aftershave

Second of three samples from Elaine, and this one was exceedingly good. Smells of caraway seeds, too :hungrig

Tuesday Night:

- Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
- Rapira Stainless
- Nanny's Ice & a Slice
- MICAlum stick
- Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
- Old Spice Whitewater ASL

Newest version of the Ice & a Slice soap - I could smell a slight edge of menthol, and it was very cool and refreshing but marvellously understated. Definitely more noticeable menthol content, but not a menthol assault. Very good.

• SWMBA actually said she liked tonight's ASL - who'd'a thunk it?[/list:u][/list:u]

Tuesday, 11-23-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Persian Jar 2 Two Bands - British Gillette The New - ASCO #3 - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Physical + ASB Weleda.

Afeitado23-11-10001.jpg

Razor: Rolls Razor Imperial 2
Brush: Omega 599
Soap: VDH

Wring 2x. Within 30 seconds explosion. 1min 30. 11 pass. Thinned 8th pass. Sans moisturiser.

First silver that I actually enjoyed. Glad picked this up. After all it's only befitting I would since 21047 is awesome and no surprise this one performed beyond my expectations. Sure it could be more "scrubby" or have more spine but that's what the 21047 or other brushes are for.

This brush is just awesome. Very silky-like and just a treat. Words cannot describe this awesome specimen.

Did I forget to say this brush is awesome?

Wednesday Morning

Hot Shower
Merkur 11C from FB
Feather (3)
Simpsons 57 2 Band Super
MB Unscented
Arko Commando AS Cream

A lot of tugging from the Feather this morning, why is it I only seem to get 2 good shaves out of a blade? either way the end results were as good as any other day.

The Arko is continuing to impress looks like i've found my perfect AS balm/cream and it doesnt irritate my face! the only ingredients missing from this compared to what does irritate is linalool and limonene, so are these the culprits? their certainly not in anything I can use.

Wednesday

Merkur 38C
Gillette 'Swede'
New Forest 2201
Tabac Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade asb

The above combo works superbly for me.

Ian

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Custom turned 23 mm two band finest
Razor: Boker
Soap: Prof Blightly´s Grapewood
AS: Prof Blightly´s Grapewood AS cologne
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
Wow. One of those extremly close shaves, what a blade! The dear prof soap and AS was very nice, even though I messed up the soap part a little (forgot to put the brush in the scuttle before the shower), but it produced a good enough lather, never the less. The AS cologne was very nice and I still smell of lovely grape fruit :D.
PB230003800x573-2.jpg

Good morning,

Wednesday already.

Feather and Futur
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega 81230 boar brush
Proraso AS splash
Musgo Real #1 orange amber cologne

A nice creamy lather from the silly soap. Had to blow the dust from my bottle of Musgo. A pleasant change.

p.s. Liking the pictures guys :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom