Taylor of Old Bond St #74 (Limes) aftershave
Aramis 900 cologne

Wednesday:
Hot towel
404 mix/BodyShop Macca root
Gillette Tech/Jewel
Alum
Nivea Replenishing ASB

First time with a Tech its a neat little no fuss performer and coupled with the Jewel it didnt mess around!
The shave was really pretty good. :)
regards, beejay

Wednesday

Prep. Hot shower, hot towel, Proraso pre.
Soap. Nanny's Citrus Zinger, NF2211 Bowl lathered.
Razor. Gillette Slim adjustable #6 /#3, Loaded with a super iridium.#2
Post. Alum, proraso AS, Trumpers skin food.

Finished a gym session at home this afternoon and was looking forward to a nice hot shower and shave. After using the Mama bears for the last week, and getting to grips with generating a good lather from it, it was time to return to the wonderful Nanny's.
Strange thing happen whilst building the lather. Found that it didn't build particularly well and thought i had lost the touch, as i have always found Nanny's very easy to build a superb lather. Well i realised what had happened when i stood on what i had thought was a dollop of foam that had jumped out of the bowl. It turned out to be a lump of the soap i had scooped out of the tub and put in the bowl. (i always scoop a piece of soap from the tub and transfer it to the bowl then lather, Keeps the tub clean). Re mixed a second batch and presto good quality sumptuous lather and lots of it. The resulting shave was very enjoyable. Very close and very irritation free. Very happy bunny ready for a night shift.

Wednesday

Santa Maria La Novela Crema da Barba/Semogue 1438 (old model)/Merkur HD with Gillette Super Platinum (Brazil)/Nomad ASB

P1140509.jpg

P1140513.jpg

Wednesday

New Forest silvertip
Aristocrat Junior / Iridium

Briallen Citrus Silk
Givenchy Gentleman aftershave

Last of the Briallen soaps, less successful this time. The lather was too thin and airy for me to risk a cut throat tonight, but this was still a pleasant enough shave and the scent of the soap is another winner.

Wednesday Evening

Hot shower
Monsavon
SOC
Gillette Tech
Superthin (3)
Ogallala Bay rum lime and peppercorn

I love the SOC, but be damned if I can get it to keep a lather sometimes! First pass is lovely, but by the second it's all gone and I need to reload. First shave with the Tech, which made my Superspeed feel chunky - a good shave though.

Wednesday, 11-24-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Simpson Persian Jar 2 Two Bands - British Gillette The New - Israeli Personna #1 - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Aqua Velva + ASB T&H.

Afeitado24-11-10-1.jpg

Nice evening shave.

Anton Wingen Jr. 5/8 (50 leather)
Nanny's Citrus Zinger
NF 2211
Nivea ASB

Did cheat for the first time tonight, since yesterday and the day before I nicked my upper lip in the corner of my mouth, I decided to do that part with a cartridge until it's healed.
Otherwise, getting closer to a DFS everyday, I can feel that I'm getting there! (manage quite a few bits ATG now)

Max

Thursday

No. 55 & Wilkinson (#2)
31064 & Henks' Dutch Moss
Alum, Tabac after shave and Henks' Dutch Moss after shave balm
Opus EdT

Off to Tallinn for a day. The snow is here already.

Nice work Max! You´re learning really fast and I´m impressed.

Thursday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest silvertip (and two band)
Razor C V Heljestrand no: 4
Soaps: Myrica glycerin (Citrus Silk)
AS: Old Spice Fresh Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
Soap test day: The Myrica worked, but needs more glide/slippery, but I liked it and the scent is very nice and high class, I think. The Citrus Silk has a lovely scent but it didn´t take off, so I didn´t use it - to dry and I couldn´t get the bubbles out of it. This was my first go with the soaps though, so take it with a grain of salt. I love this blade, very competent and even though I would have enjoyed more glide from the soap, I ended up uberclean :D
PB240008800x626-1.jpg

Thursday

Merkur 11C
Feather (1)
Simpsons 57 2 band super
MB Unscented
Arko Commando AS cream

I can seriously recommend the Arko AS cream, it's leaving my skin in fantastic condition! Used the 11C again today, haven't really noticed any difference between this and the 34HD

Good Thursday morning,

Feather and Futur
Nanny's eucalyptus shaving soap
Omega 81230 boar brush
Proraso AS splash
Boots moisturiser
Hugo Boss Bottlet EDT

The Boss Bottled is a sweeter, more of an evening scent. But hey. What the heck, live on the edge!
Everything else, brilliant as usual.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom