Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Merkur 38C
Gillette Swede
New Forest 2201
Tabac Soap
L'Occitane Cade asb

38C arrived yesterday courtesy of simmo. VERY nice razor and a VERY nice shave.

Ian

Saturday

EJ86
Shark super chrome
nf2211
bodyshop maca root shave cream
alum
cade asb
ogallala bay rum lime & peppercorns

The shark super chrome first go , seems a bit smoother to me than the shark super stainless.Good blade.
Very nice shave today.

Damian

Saturday
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201
Razor: Klas Törnblom
Soap: MWF
AS: ROMA
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :geek:
MWF´s such a good soap, give me pimples though but I keep on trying it out, since I really like it and want to be able to use it :lol:. Hot damn sharp blade, thanks to Neil and I got a nick in the ear lobe - thank you Neil! :eek: :lol:
PB200006800x581.jpg

Saturday, 11-20-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/3 silvertip - Gillette Aristocrat #58 Coronation Set - ASCO #2 - Pre PREP - Sir Irisch Moos shaving soap - Alum block - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Sir Irisch Moos + ASB Institut Karité.

Afeitado20-11-10.jpg

Saturday

Proraso sensitive pre/post
Briallen's Myrica soap sample
Simpson Keyhole 2
Gillette Slim adjustable
Gillette Super Thin
GFT Coral skin food
Arko Classic Soft Krem

My sample of soap arrived yesterday, so I thought that I would give it a go today. It lathered up well and delivered a pretty good shave and my skin feels lovely and smooth.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1960 fatboy/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Knize Sec EdT

First time trying this particular fatboy. I'm thinking of putting it up for sale and wanted to make sure everything was kosher. I was happy to find it a very nice performer and now am tempted to keep it........heh. I have a couple extras around somewhere, otherwise......sheeesh.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday

Merkur 34C
ASCO SS
Arko Stick
Semogue 2015
Thayers Superhazel
Chanel Egoiste AS
Chanel Egoiste EDT

A "round the world shave" there, Egyptian blade in a German razor, Turkish soap applied with a Portugese brush. Finished off with some American witchazel and some French aftershave and EDT.

Maybe I should start supporting the home side a bit more.

Wedding dance tonight hence the expensive smellies at the end.

Sunday

Merkur 38C
Gillette Swede (6th shave and probably 1 too many)
New Forest 2201
MWF
Nivea Sensitive asb

Slight hangover from a neighbour's party and his home-brew. It's a lovely drink, but it tends to stop my legs from working.

Ian

Hot shower, face scrub with Body Shop macca root scrub.
Prorasso pre-shave cream
Flair Tip Superspeed
Personna Red blade
Edwin & Jagger premium shave cream (aloe vera)
Omega 10005 boar brush
Prorasso A/S.

After using modern DE razors since starting my journey through DE shaving, then getting my hands on a couple of vintage Gillette razors, I have gotta say the old ones seem to perform much better. The two I have tried are quite mild shavers but an absolute pleasure to shave with.
After my shave I mixed the Prorasso pre-shave cream and A/S together, then rubbed all over face and neck, this works well for me and I shall continue to do this.
Again, the E&J cream performs 100%, really thick and slippery stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom