BBS results,

Martin

Another "oh sh*t Im late shave".

Hot shower
Boots DE Head on Gillette traveler handle
Feather (day 1 on thi blade)
Somersets shave oil
Wilkinson sword AS balm.

Interesting that this feather felt rougher in the boots head than in the Gillette Tech head, still got a very good 3 pass shave though with no cuts, nicks or burn.

Sunday, 11.21.10

Aura Glow
Mitchell's Wool Fat
New Forest #2201 Superior Badger
Krusius Bros. KB Extra 67
SRD Premium I Strop .. 35 Linen/60 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Mennen Skin Bracer AS

Every day with da Fat is a good day... I know it as soon as the brush touches the puck and that heavenly aroma starts to waft up into my nostrils... evoking images of a well shaved, courtly English gentleman enjoying the Sunday afternoon with a beautiful Victorian lady.

One can dream...

BTW, The Speyside is a quite pleasant single malt with a pricetag making it attractive to we serfs...

IMG_2470-1.jpg

Sunday
Santa Maria La Novella Crema Da Barba/Vulfix 404 boar-badger brush/Merkur HD with Gillette Super Paltinum(Brazil)/Burberry ASB/Burberry EDT
P1140494.jpg

Sunday

New Forest silvertip
The Nap 5/8 round point

Tabac soap
Givenchy Gentleman aftershave
Musgo Real No.2 oakmoss edc

Owing to unexpected circumstances I had two day's worth of growth to dispose of, and gratifyingly the razor obliged by going through it like a bullet through a cream puff. The good Professor's cast offs have really upped my game in the fragrance stakes according to Mrs A, and this slightly unlikely combination seems to work rather well.

Today, another straight shaving day.. so far since I got the straight, I've only used the DE once, pretty happy about it!

Razor: Anton Wingen Jr - Othello 5/8
Soap: Avene Sensitive Cream
Brush: Simpsons Beaufort B1
ASB: Nivea Sensitive
AS: Old Spice
& Razorrock Alum

All in all a good shave, though I did nick myself on the corner of my mouth. (DOH!)
Gave the Simpson and the Avene a run, they hadn't seen my face in a while, quite nice!
Still can't classify my straight shaves as BBS or even DFS, though getting closer to the DFS everyday.

Changed some of my stropping techniques as directed by some members here, seems to work!

Max

Sunday

Gillette Guard
404 Bodger
MB's Dragons Tears
Old Spice

first go with the Indian disposable and i must say it's very good = BBS :cool:
nice handle, pivoting head, sharp blade and the comb edge does a good job of flattening the skin before the blade follows on

i actually forgot and went ATG on my neck with the first pass
something i can't do with a BiC or a DE unless it's a mild Tech or dialled down adjustable

better than a Bic Metal or Sensitive?
easily

cost effective - well it's your perspective on this
your looking at about 40-50p per unit (you get a handle with a head plus 2 spare heads per unit)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Gillette-Guard-Razor-8-Blades-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-PACK-/170558311874?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b6114dc2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/4-Gillette-Guard- ... 27b6114dc2</a><!-- m -->

BiC Sensitive come in about 10p per razor
i haven't tried the Gillette Blue II Slaloms which also pivot so can't compare them (about the same price range)

worth a try?
yes, i'd say so
unless you have an aversion to disposables,
as long as the blade life compares to a BiC then i'll probably be getting more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom