Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 20th November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday

Usual Shower, hot wet flannel and proraso pre
Mama bears bay rum, NF2201 bowl lathered.
Gillette Slim adjustable, Iridium(1) set on #5 then #2to finish.
Alum, Proraso AS and Trumpers skin food.

Today i decided to try the last of my ways to get the Mama bears to perform. The face lathering has been very successful with and without the proraso. So to the bowl i went. Soak the brush and the soap while showering. Then loaded the brush after squeezing the excess water from it. Large amounts of lather produced i applied it to my face. A little face lathering and away we went. Initial the slim was set on #5 for the first couple of passes. then turned down to #2 to finish off, especially on my neck which was a little tender from Saturday evenings shave. Results were very satisfying. the lather performed well and the smell is nice. Skin feels soft and clean and the shave was close.
All in all a very nice experience. The mama bears works fine, you just have to know how to use it. Out of all the ways of using it, i definitely think face lathering is the nicest.
I think its back to Nanny's for the rest of the week. I'm looking forward to that. :D

Monday

Hot shower & King of Shaves face wash (don't ask, last of 2009's xmas stocking fillers) :roll:
59' Fatboy on 5
Super-Max SS #2
Bluebeards Revenge
Vulvix 606 super
Benjamin's Bay Rum splash
Nivea sensative ASB

A nice DFS with no events. :D

Managed to get the knack of the fatboy now, it has required a slight change in the angle of attack due to the bigger head, compared to the 50's flair tip superspeed been using of late.

Must say I've been suprised in how good the Super-Max SS performs, for a cheap blade.

Monday, 11-21-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette The New 30's - Iridium Super #1 - Martin de Candre Shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Royal Copenhagen Musk + ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio.

Afeitado21-11-10001-1.jpg

Monday, 11.22.10

Aura Glow
Prairie Creations 15% Shea Butter Shave Cream .. Dragon's Blood
Vintage dubl-duck shave brush
Gebr. Weyersberg Corneta 078½ Round Point
SRD Premium I Strop .. 60 Linen/60 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Pinaud's Lime Sec AS

In today's photo, my attempt was to capture the cold starkness of late fall, early winter in the Northeast U.S.
The metal handle of the old dubl-duck brush, the stone the Corneta was honed on this morning, the glass tabletop that in the summer held so much greenery and shade from the sun, now bare.... But, through it all, I love the bleakness that is winter...

Great shave today... The La Veinette is starting to work for me a bit, but still taking my first uncertain steps...

IMG_2482-1-1-1.jpg

Usual Monday before work routine:-
Hot shower.
Fido's Brush.
Henks Dutch Moss Cream
Ikon O/C Razor (Bulldog Handle)
Gillette Super Thin (3rd shave )
Ogallala Bay Rum with limes & peppercorns

Getting a very good shave out of this combo, the more I use the Ikon the more I like it, think I have now mastered the technique of using it... :roll: :roll: Fido's brush and Dutch Moss cream work a treat.
And finally a good splash of Bay Rum......word of warning use the a/s after going for a pee......... :cry: :cry:

moodymick said:
Mikael said:
moodymick said:
Monday

37C & Astra(4)
MWF & Commodore
Alum
Nivea ASB

Right that's it, had enough now :evil:

Monday crancky, are we!?

Mystic Micks crystal ball says.......something will be appearing on BST, tonight!!

Sometimes I wonder if straights and morning shaves are the perfect combo, but all is forgiven when the evening comes. I can see that that´s not the case with the slant :lol:

Monday night

Back to base as of tonight, let's see how the jetlag will go from now on...

Edwin Jagger DE89L & Indian Wilkinson (#1) > Omega 31064 & Santa Maria Novella shaving cream > alum > Santa Maria Novella after shave lotion and after shave balm

IMG_1400.jpg

- The SMN shaving cream does not impress as soon as you open the tub or while you load the brush. I feel it is during and especially after the shave that the difference with Proraso is clearly visible.
- The SMN after shave lotion (the pomegranate one) is simply the best liquid after shave I've ever used - period.
- Was in Lafco NYC y'day afternoon. So many SMN scents to sample, I mean for colognes, amazing selection there. The Cuba Cologne is a particularly interesting one.

Monday 22nd November

MWF - New Forest Silvertip- Gillette New #88 - Gillette Bleue (2) - No. 4711

Starting to get to grips with the MWF a little more, the after effects on the skin are probably the best of any soap I've tried. The 4711 has a real citrus scent to it, very nice. I ordered another 200 of the Bleues the other day, enough to keep me going for a few years now.

Monday

Semogue 2009 LE
Lindsay's Choice 6/8 square point

Briallen Myrica soap
Taylor's St James aftershave

Very smooth today, which is as much a matter of exceptionally good skin feel from the soap as anything else. More in the Myrica thread shortly.

Monday evening

Hot Shower
NF 2201
Nanny's Lavender
39C
Gillette Superthin
Mennen Grand Large

I can't get away with using the 39C on a daily basis with my skin/stage of technique - but when I do use it, it always surprises me just how close a shave I get with two passes. The 2201 has been sat in the cupboard since the 2211 arrived, but I used it over the weekend on some MWF and it' s come back into favour in a big way.

Monday night

3 x Stella artois.
Hoffritz slant.
Gillette Bleue Extra. (2)
Ingrams cream.
Nivea asb.
1 x Stella artois.

Well the pre and post shave where very nice and the middle bit was very nice aswell liking the ingrams woke me up lol :mrgreen:

Tuesday

Hot shower
Merkur HD
Feather (2)
Simpsons 57 2 band super
MB unscented
Arko Commando AS Cream

Woke up this morning with a very red bumpy neck so the shave didn't go too well, very angry looking neck, the Arko helped and left my skin feeling great! I like the soapy talc smell.

Took my time this morning:

Hot shower followed by shave at the sink ( I normally shave as I shower)
Ikon Bulldog Standard Head
Gillette Super Thin (day 1)
Somersets shave oil
Taylors College Soap
Wilkinson Sword Bristle brush.
Kouros.

Very nice, very smooth. No tugging, no cuts, no razor burn. Impressed with my new head and the blade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom