Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 18th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday 22nd December (Evening)

Tabac - New Forest 2211 - Gillette NEW #88 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1) - Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood

Face lathered using painting motions. Lather was the same as always, although it took a bit longer to generate and doing it this way seems to force the lather down and out the base of the knot. First try with a Yellow in the NEW; rougher than Gillette Bleues in this razor, whereas the opposite is true in a Fatboy. Satisfactory shave.

sunburyboy93 said:
Fido said:
Father Ted said:
Just got in from work and fired up the New Forest brush - lovely.

New Forest 2202
Hot Water (from a tap)
TOBS Cream (purple tub)
Ikon Standard
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (day 4)
WS ASB.
FM 199 Hints of Leather? Im getting Hints of Brut :?

Very nice 2 pass and touch up, Im loving that brush.

The New Forest 2202 is the tambootie handled version of the 2201. I just have a few of these made locally and post details on my New Forest Brushes blog when I have any for sale.

The Tambootie handled Brushes are really nice the NF2212 i have is Lovely :D

For shame why hasn't been postwhored?! Come now let's see some pictures!

Tuesday, 12-21-10. Delayed. :lol:

Soap from Aleppo - Kimson silvertip - Merkur 11C open comb - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambidge shaving soap - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Lilac Vegetal + ASB Welleda + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado21-12-10004.jpg

Wednesday

Semogue 2009 LE
Klauberg "Damascene" 9/16 square point

Sunbury Soap as yesterday
Musgo Real Classic aftershave

SOTD221210_1600.jpg

Last outing for the Klauberg in its current form, it'll return in a sharper suit in the new year, if everything goes according to plan. Lathering Steve's soap was much better today, now that I've rationalised the soap dish situation and got the hang of its water requirements.

Arrowhead said:
Firstly, nice to see you Leon, it's been a while if I'm not mistaken. Your razor interests me, because one engraved with "Le Talisman" came my way recently (I don't consider it mine yet, though). It's a heavy full hollow, and the only other mark is "SALLES A MOISSAC" on the tang. You wouldn't happen to know if they're related would you?

Thank you. I've found some few "Le Talisman" made by Peroux Cognet. I never seen one with that marking you have. I can't say that they're related. There's little info about these razors, but the few posts on other forums about this razor and brand is that this is one of the best french razors made.

Mikael said:
Leon said:
Peroux & Cognet «Le Talisman» Special Pour Barbes Dures straight razor
Nice blade Bruno and nice to see you and your SOTD! :D I don´t have a barbers blade, but I do have a Peroux & Cognet and it shaves very nicely. I heard, I don´t remember where though, that they´re TI:s, do you know if that´s so?

Thanks! Like I said above, I can't find many info about this brand. I'm not sure if TI ever made these. I know Le Grelot did some rebranding, but I never heard TI doing the same.

Wednesday, 12-22-10.

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette Fat Boy - Perma-Sharp #3 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Godrej shaving cream - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Tres Flores splash + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1.

Afeitado22-12-10003-1.jpg

Wednesday

Mergress
Lord Super Stainless (1)
NF 2201
C&E Sienna Soap
Alum
Boots Bay Rum (Hair Tonic)
Dr Henk's Bay Rum ASB.

My 1st try with any Lord blade and i am happy. Smooth and comfortable. Now to see on it's longevity!

Razor: Rolls Razor 2
Soap: Ogallala Bayrum Sandalwood
Brush: Vie-Long 16728

Shake 3x. 42sec. 1min 29. 3 pass. Post-smooth.

Omega Lavanda
Shake 3x. 30sec load. Airy lather.

2nd
One good squeeze. No luck

3rd
Squeezed knot to point of being water-free. No luck.

4th attempt:
knot squeezed nearly dry. Rub puck on face. No luck. Suitable for bathsoap.

My face is slightly irritated. I don't know if it's the scrub of the tufts tips or the reaction from Omega's Lavanda. As much as I'm fan of Omega this soap is more suitable for bar soap. My attempts have been fruitless. The brush produced meringue lather. Had to wash it off and reload each time making sure the knot was free of soap. My final attempt despite the knot being nearly dry still produced a bubbly lather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom