Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday shave with 7 days growth

Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpsons 57 2 band super
Soap: Monsavon
AS: thayers withhazel and boots moisturiser
Colonge: Old Spice Original

Little irritation on the base of my neck but feeling myself and smelling great! Now got a Lincoln to Ludlow drive.

Nice work Ian - taking one for the team again - but in this case it obviously wasn't a chore.

Friday - One more sleep till the big, fat fella comes down your chimney and gives you pressents and drinks your beer
Razor: Merkur HD 11c
Blade: Feather
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
Aftershave: Taylor of Old Bond St #74 Original

A bit of fun today.

This is as close as I can get to a 'James Bond' shave (despite me still believing he'd use a Fusion).

Apparently, the soap remains unchanged since the 20's and it'd be a toss up between this and Trumper's version but the Harris just smells more 'manly'.

The aftershave is based on the Royal Yacht hair dressing that senior Civil Servants and Naval Officers were known to wear.

The razor is the 'heavy-toothed Hoffritz' model Fleming mentioned in '007 in New York'.

Simpson brush (best brushes available at the time?).

Blade - well it'd have to be ninja-sharp, wouldn't it.

The name's Vinny. Just Vinny.

Friday 24th December 2010

Morning boys and Merry Xmas to all of you.

'40s SuperSpeed & Wilkinson Sword > Sephora badger brush & Prosar Regular shave cream > Barbasol Brisk after shave > Proraso after shave balm > Zegna 'Z' Eau de Toilette.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68/lars7/IMG_1636.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i922.photobucket.com/albums/ad68 ... G_1636.jpg</a><!-- m -->

Close shave, this Greek-made (£1.10 for 80ml) shave cream does a pretty good moisturizing job (post-shave) for the money it costs.
The Sephora brush performs better that I had expected, had used it once six months back and was not happy, there are much better brushes for the money paid though.

Went to the shops here the other day and got a whole lot of shave creams (Prosar, Kolynos, Gillette all between £1-1.60) plus 4711 after shave (around £6) and some barber-style fragrances, will post pics when I can (I have very limited internet connection here).

I wish you all to have a great time with your families, I don't check the news much but I hope up in the U.K. the weather is not as bad as in Germany for example.

Konstantinos

My 40 year old daughter and my grandson have popped in. She's very excited. She's bought him a large Scalextric for Christmas. Nope - not her son - her husband. Some blokes get all the luck!

Had a nice shave today too.

12-3.jpg

Thursday 23rd December

Tabac - Semogue Custom Boar - Gillette NEW #88 - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2) - Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood

Brush not yet broken in, only got enough lather for one pass really.

Friday 24th December (Christmas Eve)

Tabac - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette 46-47 US Aristocrat - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (3) - Ogallala Bay Rum Sandalwood

7c08ab11-1.jpg

The little fella's mode of transport this year is a 46-47 Aristocrat.

Friday 24th December

Lush Aqua Marina
Face Pack: Lush 'Sacred Truth'
GFT Sandalwood Skin Food
Rooney Heritage Stubby 2 (Jumping Jehosophat! That's a fine brush!)
TOBS Eton College Cream
Long Handled Slant
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
Ogallala Bay Rum with Lime & Peppercorns
Thayers Rose Petal toner
Kiehl's
Lush Imperialis
Background: BBC Radio 3

Happy Christmas Everyone!

Beautiful photographs, Gentlemen! I must have a go myself in the New Year.

Friday, 12-24-10. MUSIC: Velvet Underground_LP The Velvet Underground & Nico.

images

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette Fat Boy - Polsilver #1 - Pre PREP - TABAC shaving soap - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla + ASB Truefitt & HIll.

Afeitado24-12-10-1.jpg

¡¡Merry Christmas for all of you!!

Fido said:
My 40 year old daughter and my grandson have popped in.

Fido! I am truly amazed! You look nowhere near old enough to have a 40 year old daughter!

I'll take a large tub of that cream you're obviously using, and a large bottle of the tablets too! Thanks!

Christmas Eve

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post cream
Proraso soap
SOC
Gillette Fatboy
Derby Platinium
Alum
COLD water rinse
Proraso AS
Proraso pre/post cream

All out menthol today, seemed fitting given the icy north wind blowing over the fallen snow. The walk to the bakery to collect the Dorset Blue Vinny bread was a bracing one!

Happy Christmas all :D

I'm just off to peruse the stash to pick my favourites for the mornings big shave ;)

Christmas Eve

Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra (#3)
Brush: New Forest Sliver Tip
Soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
After Shave Oil: Nanny's Neroli & Jojoba (sample)
Cologne: Marc Jacobs Bang (sample)

SOTD-241210.jpg

Mikael said:
Hmm, just a teensy bit jealous of the Red Imp, Mikael. :twisted:

Christmas Eve

Kent Bk4
Cador of Paris "Suprême Diamant" full 5/8 round point

Taylor's sandalwood cream and aftershave

SOTD241210_600.jpg

Another honing session this morning, and funnily enough I almost enjoyed it. This is the other half of Max's pair of razors, and it turns out to be another very nice shaver, maybe not quite such a thoroughbred as the Hammesfahr, but still quite a sensitive, twitchy beast - smooth too. This doesn't quite conclude the current spree of razor promiscuity ... there's one more tinsel themed razor to come :mrgreen:

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Friday

Gillette British Rocket HD
Shaving Shack Israeli blade
Tabac soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
Gillette Series Intense Cooling balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Third day of 'breaking in' my new jar of Tabac soap.... well, let's face it - it didn't need breaking in as it's lathered like a dream from day 1. I'm just on a Tabac roll right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom