Not open for further replies.
J

joe mcclaine

Saturday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Duke 2 Best
Cream: Palmolive
After: Old Spice

16th(!) face shave with the same Fusion cartridge (oh, and add to that 5 complete head shaves) and it is still perfect.

Not convinced?

I took a brand new Wilkinson Sword Quattro and shaved the left side of my face and compared it to the Fusion-shaved right side and there was no difference in the result - in fact the Fusion slipped across my face with much less effort.

You can continue to post your SOTDs with the words 'felt rough' or 'weepers' or 'razor burn' in them while everyone else on here tries to tell you what you're doing wrong. It's your 'prep', 'it's your angle' or that "you haven't mastered the art of shaving".

At the end of the day, you already know what you are doing wrong. Using an out-dated, ineffective shaving system that our Dads and Grandads turned their backs on a long, long time ago.

So, there.

:p

joe mcclaine said:
Saturday
16th(!) face shave with the same Fusion cartridge (oh, and add to that 5 complete head shaves) and it is still perfect.

Not convinced?

I took a brand new Wilkinson Sword Quattro and shaved the left side of my face and compared it to the Fusion-shaved right side and there was no difference in the result - in fact the Fusion slipped across my face with much less effort.

You can continue to post your SOTDs with the words 'felt rough' or 'weepers' or 'razor burn' in them while everyone else on here tries to tell you what you're doing wrong. It's your 'prep', 'it's your angle' or that "you haven't mastered the art of shaving".

At the end of the day, you already know what you are doing wrong. Using an out-dated, ineffective shaving system that our Dads and Grandads turned their backs on a long, long time ago.

So, there.

:p

I once talked to an old barber (and a friend) and when I told him I used a straight he only asked: "why".

In the beginning the Mac 3 blades lasted for ages, I remember it clearly, but soon enough they didn´t last long at all. We´ll see how long this pans out. By all means sell me your straights when you leave the building though :D

Well I have just moved from said Fusion and after 7 days shaving with no nicks or razor burn if I had not thrown said Fusion in the bin i would have Pifed it to you. You are more than welcome to spend £20 on 8 blades you're decision, I am more than happy to have found the old fashion route. :hungrig

Saturday

KROPP 5/8
Trumper Razor/Shark Super Chrome
New Forest 2201 Brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Blam

I'm going to need a break from the straight. I'm reaching that point where things don't seem to be improving and the frustration sets in. Back to the DE for a bit.

Ian

I hadn't seen this thread before this mornings shave!

12-2.jpg

I gave my Mach 3 from The Gentleman's Shop a rare run out today. Lather from a New Forest 2203 prototype with the ever delightful Martin de Candre.

I confess Vinny - a really comfortable and very close shave. I must cut back on the lather though, it really needs only a relatively thin coating using the cartridge blade. I'll be needing some more of the good value Proraso balm soon.

Quoting Ivan from last week's thread:
"Moment I saw this I went straight to Resto forum in hopes of more pictures. How many restores have you done? I don't recall seeing any at SR too. I'm looking forward to many more! It's really well done".

Thanks again, there's a couple of mine here and at SR and SRP too, but you've seen them already. I'll put more about the Hammesfahr on the Restoration board shortly, and there should be a handful of new ones to post in the coming weeks. I'm an absolute beginner at the blade restoration (and not well equipped for it), but making scales is just a trivial extension of my day job really. Plastic isn't much to my taste though, especially since I found a lot of bubbles in the blue version of the sparkly acrylic.

Saturday:
Hot Towel
Ever Ready 12a/GFT Rose
Superspeed/365 Stainless(3)
Alum
Irisch Moos AS ( rather like this! first time try) :)

I'm very impressed with the 365 blade. 3 shaves and all very easy and smooth. I reckon there's a few left in it as well. Maybe not the cheapest blade I've bought but up with the others I rate highly for performance.
I got them from Paul at Connaught.

A good shave today. Have a great weekend all.
regards, beejay

Saturday

No. 55 & Supermax > La Toja & Semogue 830 > La Toja as & asb > Paco Rabanne EdT

In RIX, flight to FRA is given 2 hrs delay, looks like I may be missing the connection to ATH...

And, no, I don't think I am convinced, but I really need to read Vinny's post fully, this screen in my Nokia is kinda small.

Saturday 18th December

Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue Custom Boar - Gillette Fatboy - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1) - No. 4711 AS

[attachment=0]
After 4-5 break in lathers with the new Semogue this was my first shave using it. Soaked the brush for 5-10 min, loaded up the MWF for anout 30-60 seconds and then face lathered. Generated enough lather for 2 passes and maybe a third. The brush is very dense with a lot of backbone as you would expect since the loft is quite short. Even after such a short time breaking the brush in, it doesn't feel particularly scratchy. Obviously I won't be able to make a final comment on the brush until it is fully broken in but so far it is looking promising.

First real snow so far here this Winter, probably about 10 cm or so overnight. Nothing compared to what some of you guys have experienced over the last few weeks but will still cause chaos.

Attachments

• sotd_18-12-10.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 122
Saturday:

Superspeed Flair tip
7 o'clock yellow
Godrej shaving round (in Professor Blighty's bowl, thanks Martin!)
EJ best badger
EJ pre shave cream
No7 balm
Professor Blighty's Grapewood splash.

Just a great shave, 3 passes.

Really liking the yellow 7 oclocks, almost as smooth as a swede, better then a astra super platinum.

Grapewood smells so good, I absolutely love this stuff!

Saturday AM

Muhle R41 OC
Gillette 7 Yellow (3)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
SunShine Farm Herb & Lavender Soap

Brut AS
Nivea ASB

This shave was all about the soap which I received a few months ago, as part of a soap/cream swap, from Robert Otten (of this parish) in the United States.

I decided to bowl lather and it took some bloody work, the resulting lather was wishy-washy at best and the first pass was a real 'challenge'. What to do, how to report my findings??? Bugger it let's try a face lather, re-load brush and go for it; stih (sic) or bust time!

What a difference! What a result. Smooth to shave, wonderful scent and the post-shave feeling was marvellous and still is nearly 7 hours later....

As I said, good strong smell and I'm extremely pleased. Overall, a learning curve and a great experience. Thanks Robert!

:D

Yesterday:

Muhle R41
Chubby 1
Tabac Shaving Stick

First use of Tabac in stick form. Soaps excellent performance aside, very impressed with the stick itself; its 100g and its much larger surface area makes it easier to use than other sticks. The container is very sturdy and well made. Scent perhaps a little more muted than I remember the puck being at first.

Today:

Muhle R41
Chubby1
Trumpers Rose Shaving Soap

Dug out my puck of Trumpers after a fairly long break from it. Good and bad. The lather looked, as always, well hydrated and abundant, and overall worked ok. However, I noticed the glide/slickness wasn't quite as good as the soaps I've been using (Tabac, Valobra, C&S). I usually do 3 fairly quick passes, and had to slow down a little bit. Scent, of course, was very nice and relaxing. Love to try the old Tallow trumpers soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom