Status
Not open for further replies.
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger
1958 Executive/Iridium
J Peterman 1903 SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
older version of 'Jacomo de Jacomo' EdT

Every time I use this J Peterman cream, I'm always impressed with it's performance. Nice and slick lather with plenty of cushion, plus the lather itself is one of the thicker ones. This cream has been in my rotation for a number of years now, and it's similar to Penhaligons as far as quality goes. Plus, I really like this scent.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday, 12.18.10

Hot Towel Prep
Klar Kabinett Shave Soap
New Forest 2201 Superior Badger
Weyersberg Corneta 078½
SRD P1 Strop .. 60 Linen/65 Leather
Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm
Pinaud's Lime Sec

The Corneta just keeps on improving on the Belgian Coticule... Impressive!

IMG_2717-2.jpg

Saturday, 12-18-10. Music: Johnny Cash_LP The Legend of Johnny Cash.

cashlegend.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - British Gillette Red Tip - Perma_Sharp Super #1 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Crabtree & Evelyn Sandalwood shaving soap - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Spark + Gel aftershave JASÖN 6-1.

Afeitado18-12-10002-1.jpg

Saturday Evening:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
      - Silver Star Super stainless
      - La Toja Stick shave soap
      - Thayers' Lavender Witch Hazel
      - Pinaud's Classic Vanilla ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

I went out last night ... yes, I, the Hermit, went out socially last night.There was no time to come home and change or shave between finishing work and getting to the restaurant for SWMBA's office's dinner. If you ever end up in Sheffield, needing an Italian restaurant, I can highly recommend Maranello's on Ecclesall Road. Nice choices on the menu, not outrageously expensive and you can dress up, or dress down and not be out of place. I didn't look at the wine list as I'm at the age where I realise just how much a glass of vino really can screw with my pharma-cocktail's efficacy.

I did look at the desserts menu, but I didn't have any, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I was having tough time deciding which dessert I would definitely choose, and secondly, I discovered I was too full-up from the starter* and main** to actually eat a dessert.
        • *Funghi Sorrento @ £5.45
          Stuffed mushrooms with breadcrumbs, tuna, prawns, parmesan, mozzarella cheese, béchamel, tomato sauce and oven baked[/list:u][/list:u]
            • **Agnello Menta @ £12.95
              Very tender Lamb cooked with Madeira sauce with mint, garlic, and white wine; accompanied by a side of roast potatoes, carrots & peppers.[/list:u][/list:u]

Saturday

1955 Gillette Flare-tipped Super-Speed
Feather
TOBS Sandalwood cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic post shave balm
Aqua Velva Musk AS Cologne

Sunday

HD Merkur 34C
Wilkinson Classic Blade
Kent KB2
Nannys Lime Soap
Boots Freshwood ASB

First shave with Nannys Lime. Wonderful lime can still be detected after using the asb and a lovely lather first go.
What more can a newby want in life????

Sunday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella Soap
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm
Penhaligon's Hamman Bouquet edt

Perfecto.

Ian

IanM said:
. . . Penhaligon's Hamman Bouquet edt

Stop it!

You'll have me ringing York soon.

Pah! Who am I kidding . . . I've got them on speed-dial.

Sunday
Razor: Gillette Fusion
Brush: Simpson Tulip T2 in two-band Super
Soap: D R Harris Almond
After: Flannel soaked in TOBS #74 Original
EDT: Czech & Speake #88

This set-up after my bath has left me smelling very Rose Gerani-yummy.

Sunday 19th December

Mitchell's Wool Fat - Semogue LE 2010 - Gillette Fatboy - Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (2) - Thayers Original Witch Hazel w/Aloe Vera Astringent - Ogallala Bay Rum Limes & Peppercorns AS

Great shave today. Plenty of nice lather from this soap brush combo when face lathering. Fatboy set on 6 throughout. Tried using the Thayers after a warm water rinse and before the cold, seemed to work well. No burn or irritation.

Sunday, 12-19-10. Music: Madness_LP One Step Beyond.

images

Soap from Aleppo - Rooney 1/1 Best Badger - Merkur 25C open comb - Perma_Sharp Super #2 - Pre JASÖN Shave Therapy - Mirchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Clubman Pinaud + ASB Truefitt & Hill.

Afeitado19-12-10001.jpg

Sunday AM

Hot Shower
Gillette Thermal Scrub
Ingram Cream
Crabtree & Evelyn 'Nomad' Soap
Omega 81052
Gillette Slim Adjustable 9,7,5
Indian Wilkinson Sword #1
Alum
Aquatonic AS
Gillette Series Moisturiser
Kourus EDT

Rubbed a healthy amount of Ingram cream into my stubble then proceeded to face lather with the brush loaded with Crabtree & Evelyn soap, worked well. Then shaved with the adjustable set on 9 for the 1st pass WTG, 7 XTG, 7 ATG then buffed a bit on 5. 2 weepers and a bit of feedback from the alum but a BBS.

Muhle R41/Gillette 7 O'Clock 'Yellow'
Chubby 1
Cyril R. Salter WIld Rose Shaving Cream
The Body Shop 'face Protector'

The Salter Rose cream may have the nicest scent of any soap/cream I've used. Sweet, but not overly. The performance is very good - similar to the 3T's creams for me. The cream is actually a rather unique formulation - its part detergent based. A very minimal amount (less than an almond) produced a plentiful, luxurious lather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom