Sunday

White proraso Pre/post
NF Silvertip
Trumpers coconut cream
EJ bull mastiff + Shark (3)
Alum
Thayers
Proraso ASB

Was an ok/good shave. Think I prefer MWF and nannys soaps to trumpers though.

Sunday Evening:

Wash with a Hot flannel
T&H Almond Shaving Cream Sample
EJ DE86
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green (3rd Use)
Wipe over with a cold flannel
Lush Cosmetic Lad Moisturiser
Joop Go ! AS

1st shave since Wednesday evening so wanted to make sure I had a good lather hence using a cream.

Ended with a DFS with 2 passes and touch-ups. No nicks or cuts.

Im finding the Gillette 7 O'Clock blades (green or yellow) seem to go well with the EJ razor and as such I might have to stock up on them.

Merkur HD & 2nd day thin
DRH Rose Cream [thanks Fido]
DRH Pink
DRH Milk
GFT Ajaccio Violets Cologne

A most pleasant shave, now if you will excuse me I feel a poem coming on.

Sunday evening

Hot Showers
Steve's Rose Soap
NF 2211
Aristocrat
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
OS Lime AS

Third shave with the new Bleue's, they've been perfectly acceptable rather than outstanding in the previous shaves (Superspeed and Tech) but they found their niche in the Aristocrat tonight. So much so that I treated myself to my favourite AS.

Just got in from work and fired up the New Forest brush - lovely.

New Forest 2202
Hot Water (from a tap)
TOBS Cream (purple tub)
Ikon Standard
Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (day 4)
WS ASB.
FM 199 Hints of Leather? Im getting Hints of Brut :?

Very nice 2 pass and touch up, Im loving that brush.

I Have just had the pleasure of using Sunburyboys new Lime & Lavender with my very nice English Rocket and a new 7 o'clock green.
Normal prep, Followed by probably one of my finest shaves to date. :shave :D
Well done Steve and thanks for a very nice shave.
You can read the review on Steve's soap thread.

Sunday Evening:

• - Le Tuft Urban Hermit's Black & Blues shave set
      • ... still with an EJDE8x razor head[/list:u]
        - Zorrik Super Stainless
        • ... there was no Mark of Zorrik with this shave[/list:u]
          - Nanny's EucalypTea
          - MICAlum stick
          - Humphreys Lilac Witch Hazel
          - Boosters Lilac ASL
          • ... it's Canadian, eh[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

Sunday

6/8 Air Brand
Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood cream
Simpsons Commodore X1
Razorock alum stick
L'Oreal Men Expert 24hr Hydrating Post-shave Balm
Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

Interesting interruption this morning to my shave - I'd just put on the balm when there was a knock at the door. One of my neighbours had gone down to open the main door to collect a parcel from a delivery man, then found himself locked out when he got back to his flat. Poor bloke was in his boxers and a t-shirt in sub-zero temps in the stairway! It was almost like a comedy sketch - he'd tried every door from the bottom floor all the way up and I was the only person who answered. I I'd been out, he'd have had to go out to the pub next door, in his pants and in front of all the customers, to ask to use their phone & Yellow Pages... :lol:

Arrowhead said:
Quoting Ivan from last week's thread:
"Moment I saw this I went straight to Resto forum in hopes of more pictures. How many restores have you done? I don't recall seeing any at SR too. I'm looking forward to many more! It's really well done".

Thanks again, there's a couple of mine here and at SR and SRP too, but you've seen them already. I'll put more about the Hammesfahr on the Restoration board shortly, and there should be a handful of new ones to post in the coming weeks. I'm an absolute beginner at the blade restoration (and not well equipped for it), but making scales is just a trivial extension of my day job really. Plastic isn't much to my taste though, especially since I found a lot of bubbles in the blue version of the sparkly acrylic.

Excellent Andy I'll be sure to scout for them. Besides everyone has to start somewhere and you'll be more apt. That acrylic one you did was really nice.

Monday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

This week, I shall be using creams/soaps that I have bought from shops, and not via the internet. Today's is Palmolive, which seemed better than I remember! Might use it again tomorrow.

Ian

Monday

This is becoming a worry.

Third day in a row with my Mach 3 and another great shave.
C&E Sienna - I just love the scent - with NF2211.
Proraso balm.

I'm going to give this razor an extended run. Then I'll be interested to see how things go when I switch back to a DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom