Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 18th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday:A great,snowy day in Park City,Utah
Filomatic SS/Feather Portable with Supermax/Vie Long 16726 finest badger/Burts Bees ASB/Acqua Di Genova EDT
P1140929.jpg

Thursday

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Palmolive Soap (sticks mashed into a bowl)*
Alum
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

*Product number 4 from the high street. Palmolive sticks seem to be everywhere. Superdrug, Bodycare, Wilkinsons and most of the supermarkets. Performance-wise it's very very good, but again, the scent is a little bit unsophisticated.

Ian

Thursday

Muhle R41 OC
Gillette 7 oC Yellow (4)
Grosvenor 404 Bodger
Tabac Soap

Brut AS
Nivea ASB

Very decent shave, overall, but the blade started to tug - it's now gone - I think it may be a change of blade brand tomorrow. The 7oCY have had a three blade run and whilst they are ok I don't find them earth shattering. I still prefer a Derby in the R41.

:)

Thursday:
Hot towel,
Ever Ready12a/TRS sensitive- cheap but pretty good stuff :)
Rocket/Personna red
Alum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Nice and smooth :)
Regards, beejay

Thursday
Razor: Gillette Mach 3
Brush: Simpson Tulip 2
Soap: D R Harris Lavender

Started using the Gillette Guard - too mild for me - in the box it goes.

With the soap I went for a more 'back and forth' rather than 'swirling' motion and was rewarded with a fantastic creamy lather.

SiR-ed8 said:
My face is slightly irritated. I don't know if it's the scrub of the tufts tips or the reaction from Omega's Lavanda. As much as I'm fan of Omega this soap is more suitable for bar soap. My attempts have been fruitless. The brush produced meringue lather. Had to wash it off and reload each time making sure the knot was free of soap. My final attempt despite the knot being nearly dry still produced a bubbly lather.

Yeah i struggle to produce a stable lather with the Ogallala soaps. However, the AS in all scents is simply brilliant!

Thursday

Mergress
Lord Super Stainless (2)
Neo Custom Finest 2-Band
Mama Bear's Woodland Pear soap
Alum
Floid Original AS.

Another nice shave. Now, what to choose for Christmas Eve and Day....?

Well not shaved for 6 days now, been trying to grow the irritation out to start fresh, not really worked as the beard is irritating my neck, anyway now to decide what I'm going to use to de-beard myself tomorrow, I'm thinking;

Gillette fusion with a new blade
Simpsons 57 2 band super (my only brush at the moment, but what a brush!)
Monsavon or MB unscented with added sea buckthorn
Thayers unscented witchhazel
Boots unscented moisturiser
Colonge is to be decided by mood or royal mail backlog!

Thursday, 12-23-10. MUSIC: Ray Charles_LP 45 Classics Songs.
0000910403_182.jpg

Soap from Aleppo - Semogue 2000 - Gillette Fat Boy - Iridium Super #3 - Pre Proraso - Proraso shaving soap - Astringent Thayers Lemon - ASL Proraso + AS cream Proraso.

Afeitado23-12-10002-1.jpg

Thursday

New Forest 2201 two band
Klas Törnblom full 4/8 square point frameback

Nanny's Yushu soft soap
Givenchy Gentleman aftershave

SOTD231210_600.jpg

... and the winner of this year's beauty contest is: - well, that's not really the point of this razor in all fairness. It came with a warning: "Beware though, framebacks of this kind takes mean edges, like ninja sharp mean": yeah, thanks for that Mikael, you weren't kidding were you? Nevertheless I survived intact and very, very clean shaven. :D

Thursday 12.23.10

Shave-ware

Razor: New type head & Bull Mastiff w/flare tip, Derby blade
Brush: Vintage Buffalo Brand Pure Badger
Lather: Proraso SC
other: Dirty Bird Scuttle
Aftershave: Proraso ASB

Result: A crisp, clean shave!

Have a great day gents!

Thursday, 12.23.10

No shave yesterday due to a storm blowing through...

Hot Towel Prep
Trumper's Rose Shave Cream
New Forest 2211 Finest Silvertip
Geneva Cutlery Ontario Square Point
SRD P1 Strop .. 60 Linen/70 Leather
Dickinson's Witch Hazel
Nivea AS Balm Sensitive (For a sensitive guy....)
Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum

The Ontario straight was improved on the coticule, and my sensitive nature enjoys the other sensitive products featured today .. I can laugh today after yesterday's hurricane!

IMG_2772-2.jpg

Friday - Christmas Eve

Trumper Razor
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Ingram Cream*
L'Occitane Cade Aftershave Balm

*Brrrrr, it ain't half got some menthol in it!! Again, a perfectly serviceable cream, and the scent is a little more light and subtle than the other 'High Street' stuff that I have used this week. This was bought from Superdrug, but I suspect that it can also be found in pharmacies etc quite easily.

So, that's 5 days shaving with 5 'pop into town and get some' soaps/creams.

Monday: Palmolive Cream - Superdrug
Tuesday: Erasmic Shave Stick - Co-op Pharmacy
Wednesday: Body Shop Maca Root Cream - The Body Shop
Thursday: Palmolive Shave Stick (mashed into a bowl) - Morrisons Supermarket
Friday: Ingram Cream - Superdrug

I have found all of the above to be perfectly usable products. They are readily available, although they are a fraction of the cost of the 'high end' products, you do not get a fraction of the performance. The only department that lets them down, in my opinion, is the scent.

The shops that I have listed is where I bought them from, but most are available from many other outlets.

Ian

Friday morning
Today is like christmas day for us, so: Merry Christmas All!
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Polo 8
Razors: Red Imp (face) and James Bingham (head)
Soap: Nannys Yushu
AS: Aqua Velva
EDT: Heritage of Cuba
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean
Razors was ultra sharp (when I knocked a hair gently to the edge, it broke and it did so all over the edge :D). The brush is new too and a piece of art in it´s own. GREAT Christmas shave, couldn´t wish for more! :D
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/PC230008800x603.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom