Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Floïd Vigoroso

P1040729.jpg

Gillette Single Ring OC Razor
Permasharp Super Blade
NF 2221
Fitjar Shea Pleasure Cream
Old Spice A/S

Received this Razor on Saturday from Erwin and had been using a superthin in it,so today decided to change blade. Now i usually do a 2 pass shave with my slim adjustable but with this permasharp blade only needed the one pass and what a cracking shave.Think i have become an open comb convert

MichaelS said:
Arrowhead said:
Easiest just to link you to the original gloat thread, Michael. I'd heard something about that accident, but then I noticed a bit of new activity in the Buddel club at SRP, so it appears he's back in harness. If he is taking on new work, a certain somebody not a million miles from here has a huge microtome which he wants turning into a razor or two.

Sleek and graceful razors, congrats - and go for the microtome (it is you, right?)!

BTW Dick changed their name to Dictum I guess they got tired of the jokes :).

I used to go to CIA meetings in London - hang on, the Chemical Industries Association - they finally could bear it no longer and changed too!

cheers

No, it´s me :blush: I´ve given up though, I´ll have a cusotm some day, but no one´s interested in turing my microtome into a razor or two :icon_cry2:

Lovely restore Lagaffe!! And Nice wedges, gents (Jeltz and Lagaffe, in honor of your razors I´m pulling out a Swedish wedge today)!
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest knot in vintage barbers handle
Razor: Klas Törnblom 6/8 near wedge in pink ivory wood scales
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Old Spice, Fresh Lime
Result: Very, very clean :D

Ahh, two days of stuble wiped away :D This near wedge takes care of business but I treated it like a hollow ground razor and had to splash on Shulton blend Old Spice to cool things down. Splendid shave!
005800x527.jpg

Wednesday

Neo custom 2 band
Nannys Yushi soap
EJ bull mastiff + crystal (3)
Alum
Natural limes A/S
Natural Limes Balm

result: 2 passes wtg, xtg + minor touch ups. no tingle from alum, and no irritation. BBS all over . Best shave I have had in a while.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot twoel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Gillette Popular/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation tallow version)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Tom Ford 'Azure Lime' EdP

First time ever using this beautiful UK made Gillette open comb, sent to me by Steve to sample (thanks buddy). Extremely nice shave...not too much bite, which can be a problem with some OC types I've tried in the past. Nice balance too, not to mention the great looking barberpole handle design.

I'm gonna use this one a few more times and then return it. I appreciate the opportunity to use this relatively rare model.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday 07-20-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 28X56 two bands - Gillette Rocket Super Speed - Polsilver #1 - Pre JASÖN - La Toja shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado20-07-11.jpg

broke the gates straight razor out today, gave it a good stropping, warmed up new forrest 2201 and some p160 (the sweet smell of warm mazipan) a good lather made up in the scuttle.

3 pass affair finish of with gillette a/s balm and cool waters a/s

dam fine shave.

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: Simpsons Keyhole 4
Razor: Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple
Strop: SRD Premium IV
Soap: Joris
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek large
A/S splash: -
A/S balm: - Evidence
Moisturizer: -
Cologne: -
Alum: -
Comments: nice blade (to state the obvious :))

fem0s8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom