Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum Block
L'Occitane Bavx Balm + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie

Just when i'm getting aquainted with a few other scents, I use the Bavx and the others dont stand a chance, it's the most wonderful scent I could happily go the rest of my life using only this scent, the shave was magic, one pass with minor clean up, this setup always seems to be my bench mark shave, everything else must be judged against this shave.

0042.jpg

Sat 16th

Beaufort B1
Gillette Tech Ball End
Gillette Blue
La Toja
Myrsol Emulsion
Czech & Speake Cuba

Lovely shave Tech and Blue together very well. I am finding lately that I can get a great shave with just two passes.

I tried another sample of Cuba, it smells better after it's calmed down a bit. But the initial smell isn't great to me, it smells a bit, well, a bit doggy !!!!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac, DO1 two band
Razor: Wade and Butcher
Super lather: Mama Bear, unscented + T&H West Indian Lime
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Mennen Skin Bracer´s such a nice summer AS, very cooling :D. Two days stuble melted away in two and half passes, just one of those close to perfect shaves! :D
002800x678.jpg

2011-07-16.jpg

My first shave with a SE razor today :D All seemed to go well - a three pass shave (with a bit of touching up - ooo-err) has left me feeling smooth and I've absolutely no irritation at all.

Also, my second shave with the Proraso and I am absolutely loving the menthol feeling!

And then a bit of SunburyBoy's Bay Rum to finish :D

All-in-all, a good start to the day!

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette Platinum 'Swede' Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
GFT Limes a/s

My first shave with a Muhle headed razor, and I have to say that it worked well.

Ian

Saturday 16th July

Martin de Candre - SOC two band - Muhle R41 - 1970s Gillette Platinum - Aqua Velva/444​

First go with the R41. Doesn't feel as aggressive as my Gillette NEW. Promising.

Saturday

Filarmonica 13 Doble Temple
Semogue Owners Club
Santa Maria Novella
Creed

IMG_2189.jpg

First shave with the Filarmonica, amazing, lovely edge, I may not have a long experience with straight razors but I can already say it is a simple joy to shave with such a blade.

I took a video of this shave but I don't think I'll be uploading it anytime soon (but with me you never know...)

Saturday 07-16-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran Two Bands 25X53 - Merkur Progress - Polsilver #1 - Pre GFT Sandalwood Skin food - Morris & Forndran Sandalwood shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB GFT Sandalwood Skin food - ASL Spark.

Afeitado16-07-11.jpg

RE: Saturday

N_Architect said:
I took a video of this shave but I don't think I'll be uploading it anytime soon (but with me you never know...)

Meanwhile I took a snap shot, when you where shaving, I hope you didn´t mind!? :D
monterosso0004

Nice one K! Just pulling your leg :p Filis are nice shavers, but I sometimes think they´ve got a better rep than they deserve, actually. They´re very easy to shave with and very easy to get an edge on and I think those two facts (in my mind) are behind Filis glory... :s
EDITED: They also have got very good steel, but there are many high end blades out there that has as good (or even better) steel.

Saturday Morning Shave

Sponge and MWF prep
New Forest Superbadger
Nanny's Citrus Zinger
Gillette HD Rocket
Gillette 7 o'clock green
Witch Hazel
Trumper lime skin food
Prof Blighty Coffee AS

I'd give this an 8 out of 10. Am finding the right angle for the Rocket and it works superbly with the green 7 o'clock.

Have you say my two best shaves so far have been with an Aristocrat and the Rocket. And I am continuing to be impressed with the greens.

Also, the Blighty coffee AS is lovely (and to cap it all superb customer service).

5d542a79.jpg

• facewash
  • De Vergulde Hand soap
  • LiJün Two Band Jaffa badger brush
  • Merkur 38C + Feather (6th round !!!)
  • Nivea Sensitive ASB

A very pleasant shave with a small surprise from Feather performing very well during its 6th round!
Am I the only one comparing DVH to Godrej? Very similar lather, feel and smell... yet DVH has a little plus that moves me towards it from Godrej...

Back
Top Bottom