Shave of the day W/C Saturday 16th of July

Tuesday 19th July

Martin de Candre - New Forest 2211 - Eclipse Red Ring - 1970s Gillette Platinum - La Toja​

Bit pushed for time today, so one pass only. Decent enough.

Tuesday, 19.Jul.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Edwin Jagger Chatsworth
Super Iridium
Semogue Caravela LE # 77
J&E Atkinson's I Coloniali all'olio di mango
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber
Emulsión Myrsol

P1040727.jpg

No shave today.... yet.
I was holding off waiting for delivery of a new Merkur. (Ordered last Tuesday!) :s
It hasn't come. Again.

Rod

Tuesday 07-19-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette UK Super Speed - Blue Bird #2 - Pre JASÖN - Edwin Jagger Aloe Vera shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Afeitado19-07-11002.jpg

... a bit late posting it, but today's a day off - with NO appointments!
:cool:
  • ... just chores.
    :dodgy:

Monday Evening:

• - Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf
    - Gem Stainless Steel SE blade
    - SOC Boar in Cherry-wood brush
    - Nanny's Ice & a Slice cre-oap
    - UH'S Black~Pepperx2~Mintx2 witch hazel
    • ~ Thayers' Unscented with EOs
    - Royall Lyme ASL

Now, having seen a couple of YouTube clips on the MICROMATIC, I think I'm getting the hang of it a bit better.

a1j68.jpg

Pre-shave: Musgo glycerine soap
Brush: TI Large
Razor: Buddel 6/8 Sumingashi steel, camel bone scales
Strop: SRD Premium IV
Soap: Joris
Bowl: Schwarzweisskeramiek large
A/S splash: Weleda lotion
A/S balm: Speick
Moisturizer: -
Cologne: -
Alum: -
Comments: I love this razor! And the Joris and Speick too!

Arrowhead said:
Nice razor Michael, very different to my Buddels. Last I heard Gàbor wasn't taking new commissions - do you know if that's still the case? Just out of curiosity, like.

Hi Andy, heard he had an accident and cut a finger badly some months ago but believe that's behind him now. Not sure what that means for his order backlog though....

Please show and tell about your Buddels too!

cheers Michael

Easiest just to link you to the original gloat thread, Michael. I'd heard something about that accident, but then I noticed a bit of new activity in the Buddel club at SRP, so it appears he's back in harness. If he is taking on new work, a certain somebody not a million miles from here has a huge microtome which he wants turning into a razor or two.

Arrowhead said:
Easiest just to link you to the original gloat thread, Michael. I'd heard something about that accident, but then I noticed a bit of new activity in the Buddel club at SRP, so it appears he's back in harness. If he is taking on new work, a certain somebody not a million miles from here has a huge microtome which he wants turning into a razor or two.

Sleek and graceful razors, congrats - and go for the microtome (it is you, right?)!

BTW Dick changed their name to Dictum I guess they got tired of the jokes :).

I used to go to CIA meetings in London - hang on, the Chemical Industries Association - they finally could bear it no longer and changed too!

cheers

Tuesday

5/8 Joseph Rodgers & Sons Hollow Ground, Cyril Salter Indian Sandalwood cream, Kent BK4,
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm, Jeris Musk AS

JosephRodgers-1.jpg

My first restoration with brand new scales - the blade's been waiting a while for these & they were just added last night and the razor was honed tonight just before I shaved. Fantastic!

That is a spectacular-looking razor, lagaffe.

Another day off shaving last night, as I (correctly) didn't expect to clap eyes on another human today. Tonight:

Hot shower
T&H #10 cream, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2
Merkur HD, with
Gillette 7OC Yellow (4)
Trumper's Coral skin food

Went a little quicker, by way of experiment. The usual three face, four neck, minor neck touchup. Baby-smooth and comfortable.

Back
Top Bottom