Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette super thin blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Vulfix Persian musk
Alum Block
L'Occitane Bavx balm + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie

A wondeful shave, with my all time favourite scent, two pass shave, super smooth like a virgins thigh.

001-1.jpg

Osma Shaving Soap (New today. Feels like the sharp edges of the aluminium tin might damage my brush. Produces a bubbly lather rather than creamy and slippery. Don't like it)
My (Neep) 22mm extra silvertip ivory handled brush
Fatboy dialled down to 3
Feather blade (2nd day)
Alum block
Trumper's sandalwood skin food (on wetted face)
Eau Sauvage Aftershave. (My favourite for 40 years)

Rod

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1955 President/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

The Prez demanded my attention this morning. Yeah, this one's a favorite of mine.......great shave and it shines like crazy.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Prez antique 001 (Small).jpg
    Prez antique 001 (Small).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 5
Hot sponge and MWF prep
Laurel OC
Derby Extra (3rd and final)
Neep Coral Elite
MWF
Trumper Lime skin food
Turkish lemon cologne

I'm finding the Laurel and Derby combo work astonishing well together. This could well become my go to razor. No nicks and it delivers an excellent shave. I think I'm also discovering that the lighter razors (around 70g) really work well for me.

Will still keep hold of the Ikon and Merkur for the moment though. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Wednesday 08-17-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran Two Bands 28X56 - Merkur 34C HD - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Intitut Karité - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

Afeitado17-08-11.jpg

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Palmolive Stick, lathered with
Men-U Bristle
'58 Gillette Super-Speed TV, with
Gillette 7OC Yellow (2)
Bulldog moisturiser

Another incredibly good shave. Used the brush and soap combination because a friend has expressed an interest in trying something other than high-street gunk, and I wanted to test that the items I plan to pif him worked well together (haven't used the men-u since my very early days, but it whipped up a great lather immediately and comfortably). A quick clean of the brush and I can pass them on with a clean conscience, and face.

Thursday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Nivea asb
Penhaligon's English Fern edt

Not worn an edt or cologne for a long time. English Fern seemed suitable. Now let's see what my sinuses think.

Ian

Hot sponge and MWF prep
Gillette New OC
Derby Extra (1)
Neep Coral Elite
Proraso green
Trumper Lime skin food
Alcolado Glacial AS

So much for using the same razor for a month (though I have to try my new acquisition right?)

The Gillette New is, wow, fantastic. Barely felt like it was cutting but delivered a real BBS shave though I foolishly went for a 4th pass on the neck and I'm feeling it now (3 is enough for me, you think I'd have learnt by now).

Double menthol blast courtesy of the Proraso and Alcolado Glacial. I find the Proraso is quite subtle though and, personally, I love a real blast of menthol.

Thursday

EJ DE89 L
Lord SC (3)
NF 2201
Arko Soap

Nivea ASB
Brut AS

Three pass, bowl lather.

Very smooth and refreshing. I have not used the Brut AS for a while (er, oo-er missus) but it is a cracking low cost aftershave. I used the Lord blade as a loose one in my stash - and it turned out ok - but it'll be four Crystals, in succession, from tomorrow.

Delighted.
:icon_razz:

Prep: hot shower
Brush: Custom by Chris
Razor: John Nesbitt's Crown razor
AS: Aqua Vera
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

After yesterdays soap incident I took out Nannys latest, the French lavender and it was a bliss using it :D
004800x695.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1964 Macys badger (flopmeister good with creams)
1955 President/Iridium
AOS lemon SC
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Caron 'Yatagan' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Macys small.jpg
    Macys small.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom