L'Occitane Verbena soap
Feather AS-D1
Feather Blade
Simpson Chubby 2
Macca Root cream
Alum + Distilled Witch Hazel
Coty Raw Vanilla.

Jamie.

Two days growth super smooth, haven't used the Macca root much, i'm liking it a lot, two pass shave, minor touch up, fine shave.

002-4.jpg

Saturday 13th

E.A. Berg 5/8 near wedge
Neil Miller linen/English bridle 40/60
Vie-Long E16510
D.R. Harris Marlborough shave stick
Ortigia Sicilia Ambra Nera after shave
D.R. Harris Marlborough cologne

SOTD_13Aug.jpg

Second time I use this brush, it's still in the break-in period and I had lathering issues again. The Harris soap never gives me trouble, however today and in combination with the brush and the long absence from using the stick, first pass was not as desired.

Clean overall and thank God I had chosen the precision-oriented E.A. Berg, this razor never fails to disappoint. The Ortigia after shave is something between a balm and an after shave, it's a lotion actually.

Wishing a nice and relaxing weekend to all.

Hot sponge and MWF prep
Laurel OC
Derby Extra (2)
Neep Coral Verderer
Arko stick
Trumper Lime skin food
Prof Blighty coconut AS

My first time with the Laurel, and first time using an OC. Felt like I was scraping a lawn rake around my face! Odd sensation but very pleasing results, no cuts and a very smooth shave.

Saturday 08-13-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - CaniRichalll handmade brush TGN Two Bands 30X53 - Gillette Fat Boy - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Vitto's shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB 444 - ASL Tres Flores.

Afeitado13-08-11002.jpg

eddlowcost.jpg

Saturday, 13th August 2011

Semogue 830 => 20 €
Feather Portable => 8 €
Skino ASB => 2.49 €
Via Men (by Confiança) => 1.49 €
Wilkinson Sword Premium => 0.40 € (each)

Total => 32.38 €

Getting a decent kit for less than the price of 8 Fusion ProGlide cartridges => priceless!

Saturday Night:
  • - bespoke Le Tuft Urban Hermit ReSyke tech & boar set
    - MalayCet* Super Platinum
    - Nanny's French Lavender hard shaving soap
    - Thayers' (American) Lavender witch hazel
    - Antonio Puig's Agua (Spanish) Lavanda Puig Colonia Splash as ASL
    • ... here's looking at you, Doc Sinatra!
      • ... hey! Old Four-eyes is back in town!!

I really like the scent of this new prototype hard soap of Sharon's. Performance-wise, I might have allowed myself to be psyched, like a placebo effect of sorts, just a little bit, by the mention of how difficult it is to get a good lather going with the Lavender. - but by the third pass, I think I had it properly sussed out.

• ... can I get a wootness?!

• *NOTE: A (Malaysian) Gillette Nacet
    • I just made that up this moment, now, frozen in time.
      • ...History in the Happening!

Back
Top Bottom