Shave of the day W/C Saturday 13th August 2011

Monday, 15.Ago.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
T&H Large Silvertip (Rooney 1/3 Silvertip)
Dr. Selby
British Aristocrat #66
Feather Hi-Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Emporio Body Store "Affair" ASB

P1040843-1.jpg

Just back last night from a week in Normandy, sleeping in a wine barrel*. Shaved every morning with the same setup:

La Toja stick
Body Shop synthetic brush
Feather Portable
Gillette 7OC Yellow (one blade did all seven shaves)
GFT skin food (some lime, some coral, depending on mood)

Every shave was essentially the same: quick, clean, three-pass with my now-established pattern, very high quality and comfortable. Lovely (much like most of the rest of the week).

* literally: it's a huge barrel 7-8' in diameter that's been laid on its side, propped up and roofed, and converted into a cabin about the size of a four-man tunnel tent.

Monday 08-15-11.MUSIC: David Bowie_LP_Earthling.

41BX84YQH8L._SL160_.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - CaniRichalll handmade brush TGN Two Bands 30X53 - Gillette Fat Boy - Iridium Super #2 - Pre JASÖN - Geo F. Trumper Coconut shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB La Chinata - ASL Pinaud Clubman.

Afeitado15-08-11002.jpg

Flannel and Bulldog face wash
Laurel OC
Derby Extra (2)
Neep Coral Elite
MWF
Trumper Lime skin food
Prof Blighty coffee AS

Didn't shave yesterday. This was a very pleasing shave. The Neep destroyed the MWF (surprising for a badger) so I had loads and loads of lather, and the Laurel delivered another exemplary shave.

Sunday

5/8 'Michael Wilding' unbranded
Palmolive Classic cream
Kent BK4
Body Shop Arber AS Balm
Body Shop Arber EDT

Monday

1955 Gillette Flare-tip Superspeed
Nanny's Ice & A Slice soap
Kent BK4
RSC Double-Moisturising AS Balm
Pinaud Clubman AS Lotion

Monday Night
Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Sprock 6/8
Brush: New Forest 2213 'Chunky'
Soap: Culmak
75911d1313446398-sun-august-14th-sat-august-20th-15aug11.jpg

Back from holiday. While I had hoped to keep up with my forums via phone while away, the area of North Devon I stayed in had poor mobile reception, which was as much of an advantage as it was a disadvantage. But I am back, rested from having walked miles and miles too and from the beach and spending hour and hours body boarding in Woolacombe Bay with the family.
It was great to have a good shave again, somehow the prep never seems as good while away, maybe as the shower is invariably like standing under a dripping tap! The Sprock made light work of a couple of days growth, the Culmak soap is a pretty cheap one but the price does not reflect performance, it is slick and lathers well with a light fragrance similar to Erasmic but a little lighter and more powdery IMHO.​

Monday Night:

- Music: XTC Oranges & Lemons
      • XTC_-_Oranges__Lemons.jpg

• - 1950's Gillette FT Rocket
    - Big Ben Blue SS
    - Le Tuft bespoke Urban Hermit's Black & Blues badger
    - J M Fraser's Polar Ice shave cream
    - Humphreys Cucumber Melon witch hazel
    - Booster's Polar Ice ASL

Tuesday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharp Edge
New Forest 2201 Brush
Palmolive Shaving Cream
Nivea asb

Not tried this blade with this razor until today. Nice combination, although not as smooth as a Swede.

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Shavemac, custom
Razor: Magna by Koeller & co
Soap/AS: Tabac
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Unerclean :D

Nice blade this Magna (cheers Richard) and the Tabac was very nice too, I had picked out another AS but changed my mind while lathereing up :D
001800x688.jpg

Back
Top Bottom