Shave of the day. W/C Saturday 11th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Gillette Super Silver
Brush: Omega 81052 Boar
Soap: Erasmic shavebowl

Decided to go for a razor/blade/soap that I've not likely tried before or if I had it was a long time ago. The much maligned Wilkinson Sword Classic performed well with a blade that I have previously found to be good but a touch rough in more aggressive razors. Erazmic shavebowl has a variable performance for me and today was no different but I suspect that is as much due to the Omega not yet being broken in.

Wednesday:
Hot towel
Butterscotch 'le Tuft' silvertip/Connaught Peppermint
Superspeed/365 Stainless (2)
Alum
Alt Innsbruck EDC

Good thick lather and refreshing shave from the Connaught and better, smoother performance today with the 365.
Do like the Alt Innsbruck!

Nice one today.
regards, beejay

Thanks to you beejay, I used the Alt Innsbruck pre/post shave emulsion after my shave, face is smooth and citrusy. I have up until now only used it as a pre shave, but it will be moving from the start to the end of my shave.

Sam

Wednesday morning
Pre: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, two band
Razor: Wacker
Soap: MWF
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean
Got a bit stressed this morning (wife wanted a lift and tells me to late :roll: :evil. But my new Wacker delivered, I think it has something special going - it´s a classic Solingen blade, singing and all, but yet it feels more stiff than others ... And I love these scales, they´re extremly nice! A special thanks go to Neil, edge was very nice and my new cardovan strop is da tits :lol: - Thank you!
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/micke2010/SOTD/PC1400042800x630.jpg

Wednesday, 12-15-10.

Soap from Aleppo - TGN Silvertip Grade "A" 18mm. - Merkur 12C Barberpole open comb - Blue Bird #2 - Pre PREP - Col Conk Almond - Alumbre - Toner Thayers Original - ASL Pinaud Clubman + ASB PREP.

Gave my newly acquired Flare tip Rocket a go 10mins after i found it on the step this afternoon.
Mama bears ginger limes, lathered with the NF2211. A new Shark blade, and the normal prep and post.
Good shave overall, Nicer than the SS flare tip. Skin is still tingling a little 20mins after the shave, so a little irritation i don't get with the HD rocket. Nice a close though and a good smell. Considering i had problems with the mama bears when i first got it, this shave proved how good it is. Massive amounts of thick, slick lather.
Nice shave.

Wednesday, 12.15.10

Hot Towel Prep
Cella Shave Cream
New Forest #2201 Superior Badger
Wacker Old Sheffield #4 Near Wedge
SRD P1 Strop .. 30 Linen/60 Leather
Drug Store Brand Witch Hazel (MY favorite!)
Nivea AS Balm
Lucky Tiger Aspen AS

A good workmanlike shave, for a blue collar kinda guy!

Muhle R41
Chubby 1
Tabac Shaving Soap
The Body Shop's 'Face Protector'

Same set up daily for a while now. Would gladly use this gear until about April when the Tabac scent is a little less seasonal.

Wednesday - my first DE Anniversary shave

Merkur Futur, Shaving Shack Israeli blade, Omega cream
Shaving Shack Value bristle brush *

It was either the 14th or 15th last year when my Merkur, cream, blades & brush arrived and I had my first DE shave at the age of 42. I waited until today to celebrate since I wasn't exactly sure of the date! I think I actually used the Merkur blade for my first shave, but since I don't have it any more I had to use a Shaving Shack Israeli (which came in my original package anyway). I've come a long way in the last year, and now at least know pretty much what I'm doing - so today's shave was comfortable, nick-free and there was no razor-burn (from using too much pressure and too thin & dry a lather a year ago). It's been a year where shaving has gone from being a chore that was best avoided for as long as possible to a daily routine that is both deeply relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable - not to mention a year of RAD which has left me with around 40 razors, 4 straights, 3 brushes and far too many soaps, creams, balms and after-shaves!!

Here's to the next year!

(* In addition to the original kit, I finished off today with a Razorock alum stick, Simple for Men AS Balm and Pinaud Clubman AS lotion).

Wednesday

Only had a 1 pass WTG this morning, so had enough stubble for some evening straight practice.

KROPP 5/8
New Forest 2201
Coates Sandalwood Shaving Cream*
Alum
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Getting better. Comfortable and closer. Raised the blade angle a bit to catch the stubble better, and it worked. Neck is a problem as I can't properly go WTG. Some bits were a bit sore, but once the alum had been and gone, all was well.

**If anybody has any of this that they don't want/like - please PM me.

Ian

*The band in the wings strikes up a jaunty, syncopated tune and the plush velvet curtains rise on a string of sepia-toned chorus dancers*

Yadda-dee da dahn-dah!

• Happy birthday to your shave,
    Happy birthday to your shave
    Happy birthday, happy birthday,
    Happy birthday to your shave.

• ... we really mean it! [/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
        • Hap-py birthhh-dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... [/list:u]
                • ... toooooooooooo ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]
                                • ... youuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ...[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaa -aaaaaa - aaaaaaa - aaaaaaaa - aaaaaaave!

• ... and ma-ny-y-y mor-rrrre.[/list:u][/list:u]

Wednesday Evening:

• - Minora 3-Piece
    • (all-metal, open comb, but substituted stainless steel handle for aluminium one it came with)[/list:u]
      - Lion Super stainless
      - Nanny's Ice & a Slice (with Goat Milk & hold the Clay)
      - Thayers' Lemon Witch Hazel
      - Alcolado Glacial
      • ... "the Air-Conditioner in a bottle"[/list:u][/list:u]

Status
Not open for further replies.