Shave of the day W/C Oct 08/10/2011

Ian - interesting :). I tend to begin ATG, myself.

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Taylor's Lemon and Lime cream, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Gillette Rocket, with
Astra SP (3)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne.

Another good one, should last for tonight's late work finish comfortably.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marsdhall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Voskhod
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

Ahhhh, back to using my go to razor once again. Yeah, three days in a row with the Big Fellow was plenty and now back to something a little more comfortable.

Tried a new to me blade that Mr Otten sent out to sample. I'd read some positive reviews about the Voskhod and they were right on the money. Very nice blade.

BBS results,

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 2
Razor: Weltmeister by Otto Busch
Soaps: La Toja + Ogallala
AS: Proraso
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

001800x560.jpg

and...
006800x694.jpg

Hot shower and Hot Towel Prep
GFT Violet Shaving Cream
UnNamed Badger Brush
Merkur 38C
Lord Cool Blade (2)
Trumpers Lime Skin Food
4711 Eau de Cologne

3 passes and touch ups - very pleasing results. No nicks or irritation.

Gillette Flair Tip Super Speed (1955)
Iridium Super
Trumper's Lime Soap

Thought I'd treat myself to one of the few Iridums I have left.
Felt smooth after the shave and I was pleased with how close it was. That was at 7am. Now under the chin feels very rough and patchy and some of the face feels patchy.
I've used Iridium Supers before (not for a year or so though) but not in this razor. Maybe this isn't a combination that works for me.

Oct 12th
Beautiful morning. Went for the Gold!
Razor: Gillette Gold Tech '46-'50
Blade: Red Personna
Soap: Cella red
Brush: NN Boar
After Shave: Clubman Pinaud
The Personna red was a perfect match for the Tech. This tech is one of the ones with a 'fat' handle, best handle that Gillette made.

Wednesday 10-12-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue 1305 - Gillette Set Nº77 - 7 O'clock Super Stainless #1 - Pre PREP - Truefitt & Hill 1805 shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Grey Flannel.

Afeitado12-10-11001-1.jpg

Wednesday

Razor: Unnamed ugly pitted beast
Brush: Omega Boar 81052
Soap: Tabac

29ysewo.jpg

I won this razor as part of a lot on Ebay. It was rusted and pitted with busted scales and I nearly chucked it out but I thought today that I'd have a try at cleaning it up. Well its not going to win any beauty contest and its pretty badly pitted but I honed it and placed it, temporarily, in a spare pair of scales I have.

Honing was a fast and furious job, as I removed a chip and set the bevel on the 1k side of my King combo, then stepped up to the 6K side, then went through the dilucot method with a coticule, then a few laps on a Crox stop for good measure. After stropping it was passing the HHT with flying colours.

The 2 pass shave was very pleasant and close with no effort, the edge is pretty keen. I'd kind of hoped it would be bad then it would simply be a matter of throwing it out, but its not so I guess that I shall give it some more polishing and make up some proper scales for it.

Dr Rick said:
Ian - interesting :). I tend to begin ATG, myself.

I haven't tried it and I wouldn't want to but that makes no sense to me at all. What would a subsequent WTG or XTG pass give you after a genuine ATG pass?

Wednesday

Shick Injector
Schick blade
MEM Olive shave cream
Penworks Finest 24mm
Proraso White ASB

This was shave number 5 with the injector, and the blade. The blade held up much better than expected and I am happy that I got 5 smooth/comfortable shaves with it! I am sold on injectors now!

Miercoles
Taylor of Old Bond Street jabon de lavanda/D.R.Harris con Astra/Vie Long 167276 brocha/Alumbre/Hierbas de Bulgaria locion de lavanda/Weleda Balsamo
P1220769.jpg

Tuesday

Merkur Progress
Treet Black Beauty
Omega 10005
Erasmic S/C
Nivea A/B
Boots Forest Fresh A/S

A stellar shave from the BB, smooth was not the word.

Wednesday
Muhle R101/Lord LP6
Treet Black Beauty
Erasmic Boar
Godrej Shaving Round
Nivea A/B
Old Spice P&G A/S

The BB was tuggy from the start with the R101 and not wanting a blood bath I switched the blade to the LP6 where a meh shave was had, still my face is smooth, perhaps I should have stropped the blade?.

ttfn

T

Joseph Rogers 5/8 Near Wedge in Bone
Gentlemens Tonic Super Badger
Nuage Pre Shave Oil ( £1 from ASDA!)
Fitjar Lighthouse Soap
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser

Always a nice shave off a Roger:)

Simpson Tulip 2
Tabac soap
#21 Aristocrat
Gillette Spoiler blade (F2)

A wonderful shave. I acquired a few of these blades in their dispenser with my '47 Super Speed, still coated in oil and visually OK, so today I decided to try one. I am impressed, I wish their new blades were this good.

Back
Top Bottom