Shave of the day W/C Oct 08/10/2011

Wade & Butcher 6/8 Rattler (from the Judge Henry Lummus Collection) in Black Horn
Gentlemens Tonic Super Badger
L'Occitane Cade Soap
Nuage Pre Shave Oil
Nivea ASB
Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser

This is a beautiful Razor that gives a beautiful shave, I am very proud to own such a lovely (in my opinion:) ) piece.

Thursday

Kukri 4/8 - Simpson 57 - Culmak Soap - Alum - Old Spice Whitewater
2v0nxg3.jpg

Great shave, the Culmak gives a lovely slick lather.​

Nivea facial wash
Edwin Jagger DE87
Astra platinum
Edwin Jagger Badger
Proraso pre shave sensitive skin
Erasmic stick
Muhle Shaving mug
Alum block rub
TOBS sandalwood asl

First time with the Astras and I'm quite impressed! Can't wait to try my Merkur blades out when they get here. Also have a Merkur 38C razor on the way to complement them.

P

Bravepants said:
Nivea facial wash
Edwin Jagger DE87
Astra platinum
Edwin Jagger Badger
Proraso pre shave sensitive skin
Erasmic stick
Muhle Shaving mug
Alum block rub
TOBS sandalwood asl

First time with the Astras and I'm quite impressed! Can't wait to try my Merkur blades out when they get here. Also have a Merkur 38C razor on the way to complement them.

P
You won't be disappointed with the merkur 38 but a lot of people don't like the blades. So if you first use the razor and its blades and aren't happy try other blades - don't let them tarnish the razor.

Today's shave:
Merkur 38r
Iridium super (3rd shave)
Boots Cool cream
Better shave from this blade than with super speed or slim adjustable. Blade doesn't seem to be on its way out yet. Think I'll stick with this combo for now.

Friday

GEM Micromatic (O/C)
GEM Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

First time with the Micromatic. Felt okay but not a great result. May need a bit of practice.

Ian

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, silvertip coffee bean brush
Razor: Kropp
Soap: Al's Custom
AS/adt: Pacco Rabanne, Ultraviolet
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

004800x630.jpg

Thursday

Parker 91R
Perma-Sharp [Russian]
Omega 10005
Kent Soap
Gillette Cool Kick A/B
Brut A/S

Complete change, my 1st go with a PS, reminds me of a gillette yellow but more harsher, very very close shave, infact that close I decided not to shave today (Friday), had a wee bit of razor burn [I get that with 1st shaves with a yellow], so will see if it mellows out on the 2nd shave.

ttfn

T

L'Occitane Verbena
Razor Feather AC-SS
Feather Blade light
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 Custom
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT
Botanics moisturiser SPF 15

Jamie

Another rewarding shave with the Feather AC-SS, first blade change after 4 shaves, must start using my other razors they are starting to look rather neglected, I must say I am very impressed with this razor..

0034.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Voskhod
Rivivage SS
SebaMed AS Balsam
Michael Storer 'Monk' EdP

Third shave with this nice blade. Yeah, these are worth a try if you haven't used one yet. The Rivivage soap performs well and has quite a pleasant scent.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday

Simpson Colonel
Edwin Jagger Barley Chrome
Astra SP (2)
D.R.Harris Lavender Shaving Soap & Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream Superlather
Ogallala Limes & Peppercorn Aftershave
GFT Lime Skin Food

A great head and face shave today with the lavender duo making a awesome slick and creamy lather.

Mark

Friday10- 14-11. MUSIC: Earth, Wind & Fire_LP_Let's Groove, The Best Of.

dj.jdlgfvof.170x170-75.jpg

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Morris & Forndran 28X56 - Gillette Tech Black Handle - Blue Bird #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Gibbs Nº53 shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Myrsol Agua Balsámica.

Afeitado14-10-11002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom