Shave of the day W/C Oct 08/10/2011

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Palmolive Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

BBS shave required, as I am out this evening. Played for and got.

Ian

f17ee79a.jpg

Gillette Old type
Sharp blade
Valobra
Duke 3

Awesome :D

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, extra stuffed 24 mm silvertip in a lovely masur birch handle
Razor: C V Heljestrand 9 ½
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS: Ogallala Lime and Pepercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclose shave :D

Almost to close, this 3/4 grind Helje behaves more like a kamosori and she's as sharp as one too - woo hoo! :D
014800x665.jpg

... and my espresso shot of the day:
007800x597.jpg

Gillette Old Type (snotter!)
Gillette Superthin (3)
Semogue OC 2 band
Proraso menthol
Woodhead scuttle
Alum
Trumper Lime skin food
Prof Blighty Coffee AS

A different old type to my 1906. This is one of the ones where the head drops into the handle and a tube screws into it.

It doesn't feel as aggressive as my 1906 but it bloody well is! Quite a few weepers and a bit of burn (fading now) but a very, very close shave.

Oh, and the Semogue is a fantastic brush. First use and it feels just right and it lathers beautifully. It's got a really nice backbone but is really soft on the ends. Deserves all the plaudits it's getting IMHO.

Saturday

Seehund - Simpson 57 - Arlington Cream - Alum - Jovan Musk AS
2irt6ad.jpg

Damn fine shave. I usually shave at night and although I took the picture I was feeling very tired so decided to wait until morning. Its been a busy day but and I'm only just managing to post while eating lunch! Happy days!

Have a great weekend gentlemen, super shaves and photos everyone.​

Botanics face scrub
Razor Feather Artist Club SS
Feather blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Mitchells woolfat
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx balm
Coty Raw Vanilla
Botantics moisturiser.

Jamie,

Only my second shave with this razor it produced a excellent shave super smooth, technique improving all the time, it's about confidence when using very sharp blades I think, my left hand is doing OK it did it's 50% of the shave, very pleased if i'm honest.

003-3.jpg

Saturday 10-08-11. MUSIC: Blondie_LP_Parallel Lines.

images

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue 1305 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Polsilver #1 - Pre 3P - Geo F. Trumpers Coconut shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB 444 - ASL Myrsol Antesol.

Afeitado08-10-11001.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Kirby/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Aramis 'Havana' (old bottle vintage juice)

I was all set to use both Kirbys today to see if they shave differently, but I hadda alter my plans. Yeah, I was enjoying Robert's razor waaay too much and never got around to switching off between the two.

Damn thing shaves at least as well as mine does......can't remember getting a closer or smoother result....similar to an OC type finish but MUCH more comfortable to use.

Yes, I do have to pay attention to detail and the strokes are a little shorter, but no problem tweaking technique to fit the razor. Plenty of spontaneous faceturbation on the menu for today. Thanks for the very fun loan, Bob.

BBS results,

Martin

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
T&H #10 cream, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Merkur HD, with
Astra SP (6)
Trumper's Coral skin food (no cologne)

One of my occasional mornings covering for colleagues on school rugby touchlines. My side were hammered to nil while it rained cold and horizontal enough to go through every piece of clothing I brought, but I suffered it all with a brave and excellently shaven face.

Saturday

I ain't done one of these for a while :icon_rolleyes:

Simpson Colonel
Edwin Jagger Barley Chrome
Astra SP (1)
Acqua Di Parma Colonia Shaving Cream
Floid Vigoroso After Shave
Art Of Shaving Unscented After Shave Balm

My first shave using a astra and for some reason I wasn't expecting it to be so sharp and smooth.Great shave.

Mark

Gillette Aluminium Tech
Lord Super Stainless
D R Harris Arlington cream

Very close shave. Although I've not tried this razor and blade combo before I know each well and was confident enough to do a bit of blade buffing on the normal problem areas. Excellent irritation-free shave

Saturday

Lord LP6
Omega 10005
Astra SP [3]
Godrej Round
Gillette A/B
Superdrug Forest Fresh A/S

Not as close as my past 2 days shave's [but they where done with a R101 & a Progress], but the Lord/Astra combo did very well with a nice smooth shave. Next for the Astra is my #58, then if its still good, back to the R101 for its 5th shave :icon_eek:. I must say something about the Godrej Round, 1st time I've used it and it just produces tons of lather which is very slick.

ttfn

T

Bohin Bah! I just received a very used Gillette red tip, year code E. Yes, the one no one talks about the E. Bohin Bah! This is the Gillette that was so aggressive that it had a + + on the bottom of the head!
Did I want to buy it this worn, sorry experienced, and without an end cap? No, but the eBay picture looked so good.
Razor: Red Tip Gillette Yr code E
Brush: Turkish Horse Hair NN
Soap: Had a name once- long lost
Blade: Red Personna. Used +3ish
After Shave: u bet strong alcohol bay rum one
Shave Quality: not bad. No cuts or red spots. Close shave.

Razor worth 13 bucks on eBay this week ? Don't know, but would have been happier if it had 2 end caps...

Back
Top Bottom