Shave of the day W/C Oct 08/10/2011

Monday 10-10-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue 1305 - Merkur 37C Slant - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Via Men shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Sul Filo del Rasoio - ASL Opaline.

Afeitado10-10-11-1.jpg

Monday 10th October

Provence Santé - Semogue SOC 2-band - Merkur HD - Astra Platinum - Floid Blue​

Job interview first thing this morning, so I wanted it easy and familiar. Just going to relax for the rest of the day now.

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Proraso White soap, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Gillette Rocket, with
Astra SP (1)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne.

MAN I like these blades. Just lovely.

starting to get the hang of things

Gillette New 77 : Proraso pre&post: Proraso Cream : Semogue 2020 : Proraso​

6231573634_9a1d01c2d7.jpg

Man was this morning menthol! After reviewing my practice with this No77 (have just noticed my macbook doesn't have a hash key) I stuck to some trusted cream and it's started to yield results. Two passes with a feather blade and all was well. Irritation free, with unusual amounts of faceturbation that lasted well into the day. If anyone has a gillette new to sell PM me!

Monday Evening

SOC Badger
Edwin Jagger Barley
Astra SP (3)
Palmolive Shaving Soap + La Toja Shaving Cream Super Lather
Floid Blue Aftershave
GFT Lime Skin Food

I had planned on using acqua Di Parma for my face shave but I had so much creamy lather left over from my head shave it would of been a shame to waste it :icon_razz:

Mark

sunburyboy93 said:
thats a brit 47 set you got there mate............very nice and one which i need to add to the collection.....

You're so right, don't know where I got the 88 from, I do know it's a Popular. Well, this one is my favoured head shaver :D but also it has a a flaw, that doesn't affect the shave (and prob fixable) and prob therefor not worthy of your collection ... If you can replace this one for me I could trade you for it, but the only other razor I liked as much was my Aristo no 15 (less agressive, but a very nice shaver aswell) ... :D

Kropp 6/8 - Simpson 57 - BS Maca Root - Alum - Old Spice Whitewater AS - Crabtree & Evelyn West Indian Limes Cologne

t9v887.jpg

The shave was last night's, the cologne is for today. Nice.​

Tueday morning

Filarmonica 9/16
Neil Miller genuine linen and black latigo strops (30/60)
Semogue 2000
Nanny's Lavender hard soap
Korres Pomegranate moisturizing gel-cream
Thann Shiso & Witch Hazel after shave

IMG_2337.jpg

Botanics face scrub
Razor Feather Artist club SS
Feather blade
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 Custom
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx balm
Coty Raw Vanilla EDT.
Botanics Moisturiser SPF15

Jamie.

What a super sharp tool the Feather AC SS is, I have decided to give over the next month of shaves to this razor, just to take total control and really feel comfortable using this extremely sharp razor, I must say Feather Artist club SS delivered a lovely shave today one pass with a minor touch up. I know ithere's a universal school of thought that says it's easier to start using a straight razor rather than a shavette type razor, but I must admit to liking that level of sharpness.

003-1.jpg

Tuesday

Merkur 37C Slant
Feather Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Nivea asb

2 passes; WTG and ATG - Done.

Ian

EJDE89
Feather
Vulfix Mix
St James Cedarwood and Clarysage
Ogallala Bay Rum Sage and Cedar
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

Excellent leisurely head and face shave. No nicks from the feather this time either,,,,Maybe I'm learning!

Back
Top Bottom