Shave of the day W/C Oct 01/10/2011

Tuesday
Geo F. Trumpers coconut (vintage)/Simpson Colonel brush/Edwin Jagger Barley with Astra/Alum/RazoRock wax balsam
P1220694.jpg

About same as yesterday, but this time replaced the 7 O'clock Green with a Feather blade:

Gillette Blue Tip + Feather Blade
EJ Silvertip
Proraso PreShave
Vintage Shaving Company Shave Cream
EJ Aftershave

Gillette New 77 : Arlington: NF Tubby 2 : Oligaga L&P​

6211481685_230394fa45.jpg

Very grateful for the Gillette New pass around from Antad, its pretty aggressive, and loaded with a super thin it made mincemeat of 36 hours growth. Definitely one to go on my to-buy list.

Tuesday:

Hot towel
T+H luxury hard soap
Jagger black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock Green (Super Stainless), 3
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

Getting bored with this brush now after 10 months, it's a bit big and floppy, and I fancy something shorter and more direct. Might treat myself to a Simpsons.

Nice result though, smooth and fresh.

tuesday

white proraso pre/post
Semogue LE boar 09
Provence Sante
Ej Bull mastiff + GST (1)
Thayers superhazel
St. Antonys Razor burn repair

result: 3 passes, very smooth and close, but a bit irritated on a neck area spot, maybe a bit too close. Overall, not a bad shave, just not a great one. :icon_sad:

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft - horn, abalone and Simpson knot
Razor: Puma in custom scales by Neil Miller
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D
004800x590.jpg

Wednesday:

Swapped the Gillette Blue Tip with the more agressive Red Tip. One of my favourite razors!

Gillette Red Tip + 7 O'clock blade
EJ pre shave
EJ Silvertip
eShave Almond shave cream
eShave Almond aftershave

@Mikael, very nice brush you got there

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
Trumper's Sandalwood cream, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Merkur HD, with
Astra SP (3)
Trumper's Sandalwood skin food and cologne

Lovely shave apart from a mysterious straight-line graze on my neck that wept for a moment.

Wednesday

Feather AC RG in Midnight Wood scales with Feather Light blade
SWK XL scuttle
Omega No. 48 boar brush
Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad shave cream
Korres Melograno day moisturizer
Thann Shiso after shave lotion

Two days stubble removed effortlessly in two passes. Straight shaving has already started to become part of standard routine, mind or face does not really want to shave with something else at the moment - and I really like that.

Of course one would argue that on the other hand there has been an inclination by the undersigned to stick to 'Lexus' style of shaving :p lately, as I tend to use a lot either the AC RG or the new SS. May be it is because I oiled all my straights last night as part of getting ready for the moving company coming in this or early next week to take my belongings back home.

The Feather Light blade is a mighty little devil, two small visits by Mr. Nick this morning, so good enough to make me miss the ProGuards.

Mikael did not have a coffee this am or what then? Not many acquisitions as well due to the transition phase, of course some goodies are still to come in but I gotta think of something or else the honey & co. may complain if I stop opening the relative threads on Monday mornings... :D

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger (rebranded 2 band Simpsons)
1958 Executive/Feather
Martin de Candre SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

A while back I picked up a 50g travel jar of this soap ($30 shipped) and finally got around to trying it this morning. Scooped out a small amount and stuck it to the bottom of a bowl and away I went.

Well, it lived up to all the hype. Yeah, it's pretty darn good stuff as far as performance goes. Lathers easily, plenty of slick and cushion, and very good post shave skin care. Heh, the jury's still out on the scent, but we'll see how that goes as I use the soap more.

BBS results,

Martin

Wednesday.
As I'm still on the mend from a rogue straight edge attack I decided to go as mild as I could. The Schick Delux. For those unfamiliar this Injector Razor it is really a 60 yr old Bic that you don't throw away. Single edged, if you can call it that, this little beauty shaves just like a single or double edged throw away. You don't just glide it over your face and expect it to zap off hair, you press it into face hoping that it will it will cut something.
Aggressive they name is not Schick. Don't worry about blade choice, there isn't any.
It did remind me that before you use it for the first, to you, time that the spring, the bump in the front attached to the wheel thingy is firmly holding the two pieces of the head together. if it isn't the blade will slip out and you will cut yourself.
Aside from that , the MWF was wonderful and the Nivea shave balm was nice too.

Back
Top Bottom