Feather AS-D1
Feather blade
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx balm
Coty Raw Vanilla.

Jamie.

Recycled photo, can't be arsed with taking one today, but same hardware plus fragrance, great shave two pass super smooth, waiting for my Feather Artist club SS to arrive, i'm so excited can't wait any longer.

003-2.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, xtra stuffed 26 mm silvertip in soapstone
Razor: Wade and Butcher
Super lather: Dr Harris Almond + ARKO cream
AS: Ogallala Limes and Pepercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I'm so happy I found this razor (antique shop find), it has everything a classic Sheffield wedgy blade should have + scales're to die for (in my eyes) :D. Mr Neeps brush keeps growing on me aswell, I think it's broken in now and it's such a luxuarious feeling to crush this baby to my chops :D :D
003800x674.jpg

Saturday:

40's Superspeed
Perma-Sharp super
Nanny's French Lavender soap
NF tortoiseshell 2 band
Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet edt

The first outing for the Superspeed this morning (thanks again Slick :)). A deceptive performer, there was less feedback than my other DEs so it almost felt like it wasn't cutting. 3 passes from the stealthy little beast, and I was rewarded with a gloriously smooth face. Giggedy :icon_biggrin:

Friday, 30.Set.2011

Proraso predopobarba
Vilfix 404 Grosvenor bristle&badger
Monsavon
MÜHLE R89
Shark Super Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
O Melhor ASB

P1050169.jpg

Saturday, 1.Oct.2011

Myrsol Emulsión
Semogue 605
MÜHLE Sanddorn raisierseife
MÜHLE R89
Shark Super Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Proraso crema liquida

P1050167.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Kirby-Kirby/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
SebaMed AS Balsam
L'Artisan 'L'eau du Navigateur' EdT (smell like a pirate day)

I may be the only TSR member who used two different Kirbys this morning. Yep, used mine, plus the one Robert so graciously sent me to test drive (different handle on his ). I'll need another day or so to figure out any difference, but so far it seems like mine's a little less aggressive. We'll see what happens.

One reason I like this razor so much is the fact that I really don't need to use any pressure when shaving. That's not the case with most others I use, and it's nice having one less variable in the mix. Plus, I do like the feel of this head design on my face.

Pretty damn close shave today,

Martin

Gillette Rocket HD
Dorco ST-300/Rapira Super Stainless
D R Harris Arlington cream
Witch Hazel
Proraso post-shave cream

This Rapira blade better than the last. The ST-300 is usually a bad blade for me but given the problems I had with finding a suitable blade for this new Rocket I thought I'd try it. Was better than I expected but still not close enough so finished with a Rapira I had to hand.
I think it may take me a while to find all the right blades in my stash for this razor.

Simpson Duke
DR Harris Arlington cream
'47 Super Speed
Wilkinson Sword
Barbershop Bay Rum

I wasn't expecting much from the WS blade, but I've used worse. A decent enough shave.

Saturday

Mekur Progress
Gillette Yellow
Vie Long Boar
Kent Soap
Adidas Dynamic Pulse A/S

I normally don't get on with yellows on there 1st shave, but with the progress it was nice and smooth running, back to Manx land on Wednesday.

ttfn

T

Saturday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Astra SP
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper's Coconut Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris a/s

Was up and out this morning and didn't have time to shave. Not shaved in the evening for a while. With the extra time I took a very leisurely shave and even bowl lathered. Very nice indeed.

Ian

Saturday Morning

Gillette Slim (4)
Astra Platinum (1)
Semogue 1305
Nannys Yushu
Witch Hazel
Trumper Lime skin food
Prof Blighty Coffee AS

Quite a good shave with one minor weeper but, annoyingly, missed my 'achilles heel' which is on the left hand side of my face under my jaw near the back.

Got very good and smooth everywhere else but missed this bit where the hair must grow in an odd direction.

Haven't missed this with the FatBoy, New, Superspeed or Rocket so it's bizarre I missed it with the Slim.

First time with it though so I shall give it time to settle. Otherwise it'll be on the 'For Sale' thread if it doesn't suit my technique.

Back
Top Bottom