Shave of the day W/C Oct 01/10/2011

Sunday
RazoRock Boston Tea Party SS/Vie Long 16726/Edwin Jagger Barley with Astra/Alum/RazoRock wax balsam
P1220670.jpg

SUNDAY 'DICING WITH DEATH' SHAVE

Joris OC
Astra (2)
Semogue 1305
Valobra almond
Woodhead scuttle
Alum
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food

Valobra really is an excellent soap. Lathers up beautifully, plenty of cushioning and smells lovely (if you like marzipan).

Two WTG passes and one XTG pass with the Joris.

BBS but about 5 weepers and the worst being the nick I managed to put in my upper lip. I had to alum it for England to stop it bleeding.

No way I could use this razor every day, or the Old, but I like testing myself with them occasionally!

Sunday

Hot Shower
Sprock 6/8
Body Shop Maca Root
Simpson 57
Alum
Witch Hazel

2qc11yq.jpg

Damn fine day, damn fine shave! Tomorrow I shall be heading back to martial arts following 3 months off due to a hamstring injury. Hopefully, all will be well but only time will tell. Whats for certain is that I'm looking forward to it albeit with a little wariness.​

This morning:

Bulldog face wash
La Toja stick, face lathered with
New Forest Tubby 2.
Merkur HD, with
Astra SP (1)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

Very nice for my first experiment with the Astra. A couple of skin breaches detectable not by eye but by tissue, BBS and comfortable :)

Monday

Wedding Anniversary Shave

Edwin Jagger DE89
Astra SP Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Taylor's Sandalwoos Shaving Cream
D.R. Harris Pink a/s

Didn't shave yesterday. I was out at Churnet Valley helping to re-dig a pond. My word, am I feeling THAT this morning!

Wedding Anniversary today, so booked the day off work. Bowl lathered the cream. Excellent shave.

Ian

Monday

Last week I received a Gillette 1955 Blue Tip and after some cleaning I'd gave it a try this morning.
So, I put a new Gillette 7 O'çlock Green blade in the Blue Tip and got to it.

Gillette 1955 Blue Tip razor + Gillette 7 O'clock Green blade
EJ Silvertip
Proraso PreShave cream
Essence of Scotland Mountain Yew (glycerin soap)
Bluebeard Revenge Aftershave

I know the Blue Tip is a very smooth razor, but didn't expect it to be this smooth. During the second pass, I really tried to get a nick or cut, but no matter what I did it wasn't possible. I even think the Blue Tip is more forgiving then the EJ DE89L.
The shave result is neutral. It surely wasn't one of my best shaves. Tomorrow I'll put a Feather blade in the Blue Tip and will try it again.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, coffee bean cone
Razor: Globusmen
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: Ogallala L&P
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Nice one! I'm declaring "only one soap this week" theme for myself, very nice cream this.
004800x694.jpg

... and to go with the brush:
018800x657.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Tech-Stahly frankenrazor/Feather
Rivivage SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Tom Ford 'Grey Vetiver' EdP

Really pleasant shave using this frankenrazor combo. Great example of a mild razor and sharp blade that fits me about perfectly. I could easily use this set up every day if needed.

BBS results,

Martin

Monday 10-03-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% olive - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette TV Rocket 1958 - Isaeli Personna #2 - Pre JASÖN - Lavanda by Ach. Brito shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Institut de Karité - Eau de Cologne Lavanda by Ach. Brito.

Afeitado03-10-11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom