Shave of the day W/C Oct 01/10/2011

Boots Botanics face wash
EJ Chatsworth Barley with Wilkinson Sword Classic blade
Men U shaving brush
Erasmic cream (old formulation)
One Planet post shave balm

I find the Wilkinson Sword Classic blades to be my favourite. I do have a sample pack of 42 blades, and 30 Feather blades from Connaught, along with various packs of WS Classic, Personna (Israeli), and Dorco 301 (Superdrug) from the high street.

I'm working on getting the shave angle right, and held the razor further up than usual like a short handled razor. Today's shave went well, 1st pass WTG & XTG (R, L), 2nd pass XTG (L, R) & WTG, 3rd pass for touch ups XTG (R, L). This was the first time in 3 months that I've used the WS Classic blade.

Saturday 10-01-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Merkur Progress - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre JASÖN - Wilkinson stick shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB PREP - ASL Aqua Velva.

Afeitado01-10-11.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3
Razor: Veritable Delolme + Gillette no: 88 and Swedes for the doom
Superlather: Henks Dutch Moss + Irish Moos
AS: Floid, Blue Italian
EDT: Geo F Trumper, Eucris
Result: Very, very clean :D

009800x701.jpg

Sunday:

Schick Injector 'Golden 500'
NOS Injector Platinum blade
C & E Sandalwood cream + Palmolive stick
Nameless 2 band badger 24mm
Floris Mahon Leather edt

A rare outing with the Injector this morning. Such a different experience to the DE - it always delivers such effortlessly clean results, I sometimes wonder why I don't use it more often :icon_confused:

Proraso cream
Invisible Edge Pure Badger and matching bowl
Invisible Edge 5/8 round point
My own B&W balsam
Aaran Aromatics Fresh Figs EDT

Very satisfying indeed.

[attachment=3551]

Attachments

• SOTD 001.JPG
    SOTD 001.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 20
Sunday

Well its been a while since I posted on the SOTD
Mainly due to my arm healing from a broken radius (right in the elbow joint) I haven't been posting much.

Last few weeks shaves have been with a Mach 3

Today

Mach 3
Semogue 2015
Gillette Classic Cream
Thayers AS witchhazel
Fixegoiste Crash (blue) AS

Im pretty sure my arm is well enough to go back to DE from now on. Maybe it's just the weeks of perfectly good shaves from a Mach 3 now taking it's toll but after my shave my neck became a big red blotch of itchyness. The likes I havent seen since I went ATG with a Feather in my Futur or it could be the £4 for 250ml turkish aftershave. We'll find out soon enough when I get back into my proper routine.

Sunday 10-02-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Rooney 1/2 silvertip - Gillette Rocket HD500 Anniversary Set No 52A 1951 - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre PREP - Col Conk Almond shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Pinaud Clubman Vanilla.

Afeitado02-10-11.jpg

Sunday

white proraso pre/post
Semogue LE boar 09
Nannys Yushi soap
EJ bull mastiff + Personna super (4)
Thayers superhazel
Proaso ASB

result: 3 passes , bbs, no irritation. A very nice shave - not used the boar in a while and it was very good.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1970s Schick M type adjustable injector/Personna Super Stainless (NOS)
Rivivage SS
Hai Karate 'Oriental Spice AS (1966-69 version)

I was thinking about using some Old Spice aftershave this morning, probably because of that cruel offering by Steve (vintage OS soap) a little earlier.

The Oriental Spice called to me for a change and it was a good choice. Marketed to directly compete with the classic OS scent, it's actually a nice fragrance on it's own. Maybe a little more powder than OS, which works in this case.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday

Merkur Progress
Super-Max Super Stainless
Kent VS60
Godrej S/C
Thayers
Nivea Anti-Irritation A/B
Pashana A/S

A bit of a meh shave with the Super-Max, even managed to get a weeper WTG and that was only on setting 2, perhaps the blade and razor don't match, still got a Black Ninja ready for tomorrow. BTW I do love the smell of Pashana :).

ttfn

T

Back
Top Bottom