Shave of the day W/C Oct 01/10/2011

Thursday 10-06-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue 1305 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Gillette Super Thin #1 - Pre Proraso - Santa María de Novella shaving cream - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Opaline.

Afeitado06-10-11001-1.jpg

Gillette New open comb / EJ 89
Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum ("Black Ninja")
Palmolive cream

Very nice plough through the stubble. Second (last) pass and a little touch up with the EJ.
Haven't used a Black Ninja for a long time (must be about a year) and never with these two razors. Excellent. Will get some more of these babies

Razor: | MÜHLE R101
Strop: | Elios
Preshave: | Anthony Logistics preshave oil
Brush: | Semogue LE 2009
lather: | Plisson bowl
AS: | Thayer's astringent
EdT: | Jimmy Boyd, Agua de Bosque
Comments: | Today I want to experience the radical sensations of a huge amount of lather and a very agressive razor. The 2009 LE is a factory of lather, always easy to get the best of a soap, and the MÜHLE R101 doesn't think about the beard, no fear, only a shave without mercy but close as a straight razor can do in 2 passes. The green and fresh scent of the "Agua de Bosque" are the fresh finish that I wanted today.
Picture:
PA060146.jpg

Gillette Slim (5)
Gillette Superthin (1)
Semogue 1305
Mama Bears Lime
Trumper lime skin food
Sunbury Bay Rum AS

Very nice shave. Wasn't sure on the Slim at first but it's working marvellously now I've got the hang of it. I'm probably unique in that I like this and the Fatboy as much as one another.

Thanks for the reply, Mr Architect :).

This morning (well, yesterday, now):

Bulldog face wash
Trumper's coconut cream, face lathered with
New Forest High Mountain Badger.
Merkur HD, with
Astra SP (4)
Trumper's Limes skin food and GFT cologne

A ludicrously good shave, perhaps my best ever. Just perfect.

Thursday

Thomas Turner Lancet Edge - Omega Boar - Professor Blighty Black & White cream - Alum - Gillette Series ASB
14e18w3.jpg

Mrs Jeltz had retied early so the choice of razor was a lucky dip in the dark, pretty lucky to pull out one of my best!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Henks 21 mm silvertip in oak handle
Razor: John Nessbitt
Cream: Vulfix, English Rose
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close and comfortable shave today :D

001800x566.jpg

Friday

Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
D.R. Harris Pink a/s*

That's my 150ml bottle of Pink gone. Fortunately, I have another :)

Ian

Back
Top Bottom