Shave of the day W/C 28/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wednesday morning shave. This marks the end of my first week of DE shaving and I am getting a bit better I think (though still have far to go).

Two WTG passes and then (against Mantic's advice again - he'd be cursing) one ATG pass resulted in an excellent shave, BBS though with one tiny patch not quite on my moustache area.

A few weepers (soon stopped with alum) and a tiny bit of rash on my neck but overall I am getting the smoothest, closest shaves of my life. Just need to figure out exactly when I need to change the blade. Not sure it would stretch to 3 BBS shaves.

Prep: Hot water, flannel, Bulldog facial cleanser

Razor: Merkur 38C

Blade: Derby

Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat

Brush: New Forest 2221 (it's first use in anger, and the water down here is so soft it lathered the fat with no problem at all)

Post shave: Trumpers lime skin food, Professor Blighty Coconut AS

Fantastic! Mrs Linson nipped out for an hour so I thought i'd nip upstairs for a quick one - and tis the best one yet!

hot shower and mantic style pre (a little soap and a hot wet towel)

Trumpers GFT cream which i thought a little hard at first, getting to the end of the Trumper sample pack - may order another one as this one didn't have any skin food

Still one the Body Shop brush although i fancy a nice big Somogue

Edwin Jagger with a Derby,

One with, one across and another in the opposite direction across, no polish and I'm pretty much BBS!

I feel technique is really improving and its only been a couple of weeks - watch this space!

Wednesday
Martin de Candre SS/Omega 31052 brush/Merkur HD with Gillette Silver Blue/Weleda Balsam
P1160951.jpg

WedneOWWsday Evening:

• - EJDE89-11BA
      - Gillette (Malaysia) Nacet Platinum
      - La Toja by Shwartzkopf & Henkel shave cream
      - Vie Long 12705 horsehair brush
      - MICAlum stick
      - Thayers' Cucumber witch hazel
      - Manantiales La Toja ASL[/list:u][/list:u]

Lovely shave right up to where I was doing the post-shave clean-up, and I had me a twitch that did a wee bit of collateral damage to my thumb.
        • Ow.[/list:u][/list:u]

Merkur 34C
Gillette Super Thin
Proraso Pre & Post
Mitchells Wool Fat Shaving Soap
LiJun & 1980 Badger
Superdrug Forest Fresh AS
Professors Yellow Unction

Shaved about 8pm and i can still smell the Forest Fresh. Its a lovely scent which last for a while.

Thursday

Good morning.

Revisor 6/8 > Chubby 2 two band > Mitchell's > Floid > Bottega Verde Crema Viso > Miller Harris terre de bois

SOTD_02Jun.jpg

Don't know why, but my face hurts after using this razor. I know the technique is not there yet, but I suspect it must probably be too sharp for my level.
Now that I've done at least one shave with all my straights, I think a 5/8 or a 4/8 are the best for me at this stage. In addition, XTG is still very hard, in most areas.

The Bottega Verde moisturizer is a nice cream that contains shea butter and sweet almond milk. Bought it actually to use when I shave with a nice almond Italian soap. Pretty good for 10 Euros.

Mysore soap
Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette super thin blade
New Forest 2213 finest silvertip
Mitchells Woolfat
L'Occitane Bavx balm + Propolis
L'Occittane Bavx EDT

Love this little brush sooooooooooooo soft, great shave, weather improving, maybe my garden and my vegtables will get the sun they so deserve,

Jamie.

002-10.jpg

Thursday - already!

Hot towl
Gillette Fatboy (Setting 2)
Feather double edge razor blade (new)
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Citrus)
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (limes)
Taylor's of old Bond Street Aftershave (No.74 Victorian Lime)

Nice and simple two pass shave (WTG and XTG) since using the Fatboy and a feather blade I don't think I will try another razor or blade I seem to have found the right setup for me, well I might try a striaght razor at some point! ;) :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom