Shave of the day W/C 28/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the application of cologne from sample bottles, I tend to place either wrist over the open top of the bottle, keep the bottle in contact as I turn it upside down, then move it about a wee bit. Next, rub both wrists together, finally use a finger to rub some on the base of neck/top of chest. Seems to work, haven't had complaints about smelling like a tart's boudoir but it's enough that I can smell the scent for a few hours.

Dr Rick said:
Cologne smelled lovely, but don't think I used enough, based on the face that half an hour later it was undetectable to my friend from two feet away. I have no idea what I'm doing with it, it's the first time I've used anything (other than spray deodorant) as a scent since a brief flirtation with cheap and nasty AS as a young teen.

I did what I thought was right - finger over bottle, turn upside down for a moment, apply finger to beneath ear - repeated for each ear and at the base of the throat. Perhaps with the neck of the sample bottle being ridiculously tiny I'm doing it wrong, perhaps I'm just generally doing it wrong. Educate me!

I'm looking for "mmm, that smells nice" from person sat next to me rather than stunning the whole room with waves of scent (or, indeed, getting "sir, are you wearing PERFUME?" from the boys), if you know what I mean.

Going for a subtle smell of the scent is good. makes it seem more expensive I've been told. Pointless if it's so subtle no one can smell it. I currently use spray scents, 2 bursts on my wrist. rub wrists together, followed with a rub behind the ears. Hasn't got me laid yet per se, I'm working on it. Perhaps I should check it can be smelt as well.

Thursday

Lindsay's Choice 6/8 square point
Semogue 2009 LE

Nanny's Yushu
witch hazel
Musgo Real No. 3 cologne

Soundtrack tonight was "Dreadlocks Dread" by Big Youth, in view of there being a bit of sunshine here today. Result: righteous! :D

Thursday, late.

Music: Howard Shore, The Two Towers soundtrack album.
Gillette Slim Adjustable on 3
Gillette Bleue Extra (3 and still good)
Nanny's Lime Silly Soap (love that lime rush when starting the lather, and boy does it do the job during the shave!)

WTG, WTG XTG, ATG (except neck, only WTG WTG ATG then one touch up run)

Decided to leave out the alum and witch hazel, just copious rinses with warm then cold water.

Finished off with some Bulldog sensitive asb - the green tea scent is growing on me and it is a cracking balm.

Very happy with this shave - I was so deep in focus on the shave that I didn't even hear the music in the background. Very smooth shave indeed, not quite there yet in the neck area and areas under the chin - but I guess we all need something to strive towards :shave :D

Ainslie

Friday, 3.Jun.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
Arko Stick
Mühle R89
Super Iridium
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
L'Occitane Cade ASB

P1040017.jpg

Friday:

Truefitt and Hill No.10 cream
EJ black badger
English ball end tech
7 o'clock yellow (1)
Ogalalla limes and peppercorns

Change is as good as a rest so the Merkur has the day off. Techs are generally too mild for me but with some care I managed a reasonable shave this morning.

T+H No.10: Not sure still. Shaves really well, smells funny. I think if you like maca root from the Body Shop, you'd like this.

EJ DE89
W/Sword (3)
Vulfix 404 Bodger
Ingrams
Ogallala Bay rum sage and cedar
Ogallala Bay Rum Cologne

First time using the bodger, produced an excellent lather and nice scrubbly (if thats a word) feeling when applied to face which I think helped exfoliate nicely. The resulting shave was definitely shave of the week. The handle on it is not far off the colour of my lathing mug/bowl either.

Right off to an ale festival, going to start on the weaker milds and move through the strengths. Might stop when I get to 6% though
:lol:

Friday - At last!

Hot towl
Gillette Fatboy (Setting 2)
Feather double edge razor blade
Pure Badger Shaving Brush
Cyril Salter Luxury Shaving Cream (Rose)
Alum
Witch Hazel (distilled from Boots chemist)
Trumpers skin food (Coral)
D R Harris Pink Aftershave Lotion

Just a nice simple two pass shave (WTG & XTG) nice and smooth and tidy.

A slight sad moment as the Rose cream was the first cream I got starting into classic DE shaving after getting rid of the cartridge razor at the start of March and supprised at how far I have come and how much more enjoyable having a shave is now.

Still there is also the joy of deciding what rose cream to try now or sticj with another tub of the Cyril Salter cream?

Bank holiday in Sweden today :D
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson chubby 2
Razor: Wacker
Soap: Omega
AS: Mennen SB
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very clean :)
Mr Nicks older brother came by and told me not to be so cocky when swinging this blade :x Fine shave never the less, love this soap and AS when it´s hot outside (turning into a splendid day today :D).
005800x569.jpg

Razor:Iberia 13
Strop: Ambrose "corto" Spanish Horse (25/50)
Brush:shavemac D01 silvertip
lather: Truefitt&Hill 1805
AS: Truefitt&Hill 1805
EdT:Trumper's GFT
Comments:A spanish razor different than fily, Iberia was the brand of the straight razors made by Bassat, a company that made the blades known as "Filomatic". The olive wood scales are much better than the original (broken) black plastic scales. Not a terrific shaver as fila 14. Today a full 1805, a scent that I like a lot, the perfomance of the cream is not the best in glide and moisturizing properties but it runs. I don'thave the 1805 EdT but GFT goes well with the T&H scent.
Picture:
P6033547.jpg

Friday afternoon shave
Prep: Hot shower, Asda Tea tree and mint shower gel

Razor: Gillette Super speed flair tip 1965

Blade: Gillette 7am yellow 2nd use

Soap: ToOBS Sandlewood soap

Brush: Pure badger

Post shave: One planet ASB

First shave with my birthdate razor, found the razor to be a little more aggresive than my other super speed, however with that said a top quaility shave with only 2 passes(WTG & XTG) two nicks, bad workman etc etc, thanks Max (frenchblade) a quality razor at an excellent price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom