Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday

Gold Dollar 208 (Modified)
Palmolive Cream
NF2213 Chunky
Alum
Jovan Musk

A great shave, nice clean result, cheap it may have been but this Gold Dollar certainly took a good edge. :cool:

I ground down the shoulders of the GD last night then honed it and I was obviously lucky that received one that was not warped, or frowning nor does the heal of the blade protrude beyond the bottom of the scales. :shock: There is a bit of a smile on the blade but I'm OK with that so I didn't do anything about that, all told from start to finish it too about an hour to grind, hone and strop.

Mysore soap
Merkur 34C-HD
Gillette super thin
Simpsons Duke 3
Arko cream
Alum
Propolis
Duru lemon cologne.

I have the start of a cold, feeling like shite! But the shave was excellent.

untitledn.png

Saturday morningish
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chubby 3
Razors: Nessbitt´s Crown razor and a Heljsestrand SE (had to change to a Merkur though, to dull blade)
Soap: Nannys Ecalyptus
AS: Mennen SB
Strop: Neil Miller
Result: :D
007800x660.jpg

2qs2r0i.jpg

Soap: Harris Pink cream
Brush: M&F horn 28mm
Razor: Schulze 7/8 full hollow, Neil Miller linen and juchten strop
A/S: Harris Pink (low alcohol)

Great shave but not sure about the pink 'rose' scent....

EJ DE89
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (4)
Men U Brush
Connaughts Bay Rum Cream
Ogallala Bay Rum and Sandalwood A/S

As Bill and Ted would say a 'most excellent' head and face shave.....

Saturday:

C V Heljestrand 4/8
Slant + Permasharp
New Forest Tubby 1
Nanny's lime soap (sample)

More fun with the straight today. Not that close, but no nicks or weepers, which is a first :)

An honourable mention must go to the Nanny's soap, which is just marvellous stuff, and the only soap/cream I've tried so far that doesn't leave my face dry afterwards :D

Saturday

Fusion *
NF2211
Nannys Citrus zinger
Davidoff Cool water AS
Kiehl's soothing, nourishing face creme

* After reading about the razorpit, I had a friend 'sharpen' my old fusion cartridge blade using his razorpit. I made sure I done a really good prep. These cartridges were over 2 years old and way past their best. Conclusion; I wont be using any other of these fusion sharpened blades, the shave was terrible and uncomfortable. Can't remember the last time I had such a poor shave.

Saturday late afternoon

Gillette Tuckaway : Wilkinson : Arko : Omega No. 34 : Floid Vigoroso locion : Santa Maria Novella crema pre/dopo barba : Creed Millesime Imperial

SOTD_28May.jpg

If I had to be left with one DE razor, at this moment in time, this would be it. It's that good. :)

Saturday, 05-28-11. MUSIC: F-1

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Merkur Progress - Gillette Platinum #2 - Pre 3P - Mitchell's Wool Fat shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Floïd - ASL Floïd Vigoroso.

Afeitado28-05-11.jpg

Razor:Henckels Friodur 17 1/2
Strop: Ambrose corto Cordovan(20/50)
Brush: Vie Long E16510
Lather: Manantiales de la Toja SS,
AS: Givenchy stick
EdT: antidote, Viktor and Rolf
Picture:
P5273315.jpg

Saturday:

Hot shower, Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet shower gel
Truefitt and Hill pre shave oil
Truefitt and Hill luxury hard soap
EJ black badger
Edwin Jagger EJ87
Gillette 7 o'clock green (1)
Cold rinse and alum
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Smooth, fragrant, lovely. Doesn't get much better than this.

Sunday

My set-up for tomorrow, Sunday:

GB Kent T4
Creed Original Vetiver SS
Filarmonica 13, black scales
Roger et Gallet L'Homme ASB
Terre d' Hermes Parfum

A benchmark shave... tonight I'll be using L'Occitane's Cade bark scrub to help exfoliate all my trapped hairs. This stuff is like an antibiotic for me.

Attachments

• DSCF0051.jpg
    DSCF0051.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 40
Pre - hot shower
Soap - MWF
Brush - Semogue SOC 2 band
Razor - Fatboy on 5
Blade - Treet Dura Sharp (1)
AS - Mennen sample (not sure which one but blue in colour)

Managed to pry myself away from the large pot of Martin de Candre that I've been using since it arrived a few weeks ago! I've only just got the fatboy and jury's still out on it. I've tried Sharks and now a Treet but it still doesn't feel that close a shaver yet. Welcome return to the Mennen AS after a few months off AS. Excellent, very smoothing. I might have to contact Max about this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom