Status
Not open for further replies.
Value shave today:

EJ DE89
Personna
Men U Brush
Palmolive Stick
Forest Fresh ASL

Only second time using the stick, the only other time being when I was away overnight and thought it would be ideal for lathering straight onto the face rather than my usual cream/soap and bowl method. Remember it being not a particularly good lather that time.

However found it at the back of the cupboard and gave it a go. Great stuff, great lather and a great shave. Surely the best value product on the market? Think it was only 50p!

Anyway then I remembered why I hadnt used it again, its because I was going to ask on here how to maintain the stick post use.....I mean putting it back in the carboard box it came in seems a bit messy, should I get a container, or towel dry it before putting it back? Maybe a question for shaving help.

Sunday shave
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Bills with Apua Abalone base and horn handle
Razor: Henckels
Soap: La Toja
AS: Proraso
Strops: Neil Miller, linen/cardovan
Result: Very, very clean :D
Very nice gear allaround, but soap and brush stod out today - pure lather bliss! :D
002800x629.jpg

SOTD290511_3.jpg

George Butler "Keen" 5/8; New Forest 2211 silvertip; Martin de Candre; witch hazel; Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta cologne.

Yes, I did use the mug and it's just the thing for face lathering :D

Sunday

Schick Injector Type-L
Personna Injector Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Tabac Shaving Soap
Tabac a/s

Well, it's Monaco Grand Prix day, so I used Tabac in honour of one of it's corners.

Ian

Sunday, 29.May.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
LiJün&1980 Finest
JabonMan Cítricos + GFT Limes (muestras)
Edwin Jagger DE86
Super Iridium
Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender
Emporio Body Store Affair ASB

P1030899.jpg

Sunday, 05-29-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 25x53 - Merkur Progress - Israeli Personna #1 - Pre Edwing Jagger - Martin de Candre shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Truefitt & Hill - ASL Royal Copenhagen.

Afeitado29-05-11.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Feather
MWF
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Ungaro ll EdT (vintage from 1972)

Excellent shave using some of my favorite items. Nice having things to use that I know work great, and today' everything was about perfect. Whew momma!

This frag is a strange one that calls to me on occasion. It's got a strong civet note going on, which I actually enjoy. Found this full bottle at an estate sale crawl a few years ago, and it was a lucky acquisition.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Ungaro.jpg
    Ungaro.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 43
Sunday:

Edwin Jagger de87
Gillette Bleue Extra
Crabtree & Evelyn sandalwood cream + Palmolive stick
New Forest tortoiseshell chunky
Bulldog asb

A smooth, sandalwoody Sunday morning shave :)

Saturday
Art of Shaving lavender SS/Simpson Duke 3/Merkur 11C with Gillette Silver Blue/Art of Shaving balsam
P1160937.jpg

Sunday
True Gentlemen lavender SS/Simpson Duke 3/Merkur 15 with Gillette Silver Blue/Art of shaving balsam
P1160938.jpg

Sunday Night
Hot Shower, Rolls Razor, Mr Taylor's Shaving Cream, Vie Long Horse Hair Brush, Alum, Blue Stratos Aftershave
2i03amb.jpg

I simply can not get the blade as sharp as I keep my straights, either with the built in strop and hone or with my coticule, I suspect that its the stropping which lets it down. A good shave but not as close as I have come to expect, on the plus side there will be more beard to plough down tomorrow with my Allen and Son :)

Saturday

Ever Ready
GEM SE blade
Arko soap
Simpsons Commodore X1
Jasper Conran Man AS Balm
Jeris Musk AS

Sunday

7/8 Kropp
Cella soap
Kent BK4
Body Shop Arber AS Balm
Body Shop Arber EDT

Sunday night shave
Prep: Hot shower

Razor: Gillette Super speed 1951 black tip

Blade: Gillette 7am yellow 3rd use

Soap: Ingrams blue

Brush: Pure badger

Post shave: One planet ASB

Yet another top quaility shave :shave from a 60 year old razor! :D I am seriously impressed! BBS in only 3 passes!! no cuts or nicks, even managed an ATG pass, something I would not attempt with my Parker 90R, I love my Super speed, there I said it! :D Thank you so much for the gift Pete(man of leisure) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom