Shave of the day W/C 28/05/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
simmo3801 said:
After using my new fatboy for the past few days and not having the best results (set on 5) I decided to switch to my slim. Again on 5 and totally different result. DFS. I will return to the fatboy and try higher settings but i expected it to be the same as the slim but clearly not! Decent shave from the Treet blade. I'm enjoying a break from Gillette for now.

Hi there,

Looks like you saw the difference for yourself between those two razors. Yeah, the fatboy's not for everyone, but maybe a few more times or one more blade type might do the trick. If not, then at least it's one less monkey to deal with. That's gotta be worth something right there, although monkeys are deviously easy to come by.

Thanks for the update on how it's been working out so far. I was sorta curious when you mentioned buying one recently.

Martin

Saturday night shave, visiting relatives:

Hot shower
Boots DE and blade (4)
Vulfix 404 mix
Palmolive stick
Styptic
KoS balm

First time with the stick - thought I'd try it as I didn't want to pack a mug. Lathered up nicely with enough to do two passes, but had to start pretty much fresh for the rest. This may of course be my novice lathering.

Cut that same cut again that I first did on last Tuesday and have nicked every day since. Day or two unshaven now (since I'm off work anyway so can) to let it go away. Found it very difficult not shaving yesterday - I never shaved weekends or holidays before I started this journey, but that was the first I've missed since I picked up a DE.

Monday
Loccitane Cade SS inside C&E sandalwood bowl
Merkur 34C HD with Gillette Silver Blue
Morris and Forndran blonde badger brush
The Body Shop Maca Root balsam
P1200940.jpg

Saturday, Sunday, Monday.

I've been in the sticks for a few days and nights.

Gillette FT Superspeed A3 1955
Astra SP (1-3)
NF 2201
Tabac stick (S), Boots Cream (S,M)

Three pass, face lathered.

Nivea ASB
Old Spice - Lime (both Sa, Mo)

Henks #6 Dutch Moss ASB (Su)

Each one was a truly great shave but I must admit I have enjoyed the Boots cream. I might play with the A3/FT for a while too.

:shave

Monday

After a weekend of electric quickies:

Red Tip & SM(1)
1305 & Arko

First go with the 1305, gave it a long soak in the bath and the smashed it into a bowl of grated Arko for about 30 seconds before face lathering. The result was so-so and I was left with naff all on the brush for a second pass. Will continue using it for the next week or so and see if we can hit the motherlode :|

Monday
Allen & Son 6/8" - Professor Blighty's Black & White Cream
New Forest 2213 'Chunky' - Alum - Givenchy Gentleman Aftershave

2czpwg8.jpg

Another day off work.

Queen's Birthday, gawd bless yer ma'am.

Gillette Fusion ProGlide razor
Gillette ProGlide Gel (menthol)

Headshave only today. Having little pangs of regret after shaving off my handlebar moustache so I might start again with a goatee and see where it takes me.

Going to give the Wilkinson Sword Hydro (3) another shot this week but with the Hydro Gel instead of shaving soap. Apparently, the two together prevent some of the lube gunk being smeared all over your chops as you shave.

Tuesday morning
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, Tubby 2
Razor: Ari-Ya
Soap: Dr Harris Marborlough
AS: Aqua Velva by Williams
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D
005800x542.jpg

Mysore Sandalwood soap
Feather AS-D1 + feather blade
Simpsons Chubby 2
Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum
TOBS Sandalwood balm + Propolis
TOBS Sandalwood Eau de cologne

Finally the sun as come out in Wales this morning, very enjoyable shave, feeling good, definietly smell good, super smooth, back of the net. :)

Jamie

untitledn-3-2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom