Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock green (3)
Ogalalla limes and peppercorns

2 passes, bowl lathered.

Very nice shave on a very nice day.

hunnymonster said:
joe mcclaine said:
Queen's Birthday, gawd bless yer ma'am.

Eh? She was born on April 21st (so actual birthday) and her Official Birthday is usually the first or second Saturday in June...

Yes it is . . . usually.

Tuesday

Filarmonica 9/16 : Omega No. 34 : Nanny's Yushu : Floid Suave : Boellis after shave gel : Amouage Dia

SOTD_31May.jpg

Two big nicks but no matter what this straight shaving thing will always give you much less irritation than a DE shave - and that's why I love it. :D

Tuesday

Merkur 38C
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Provence Santé Shaving Soap
Bulldog asb

Yep. It's still the best soap that I have used.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1946-47 Aristocrat/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
vintage Aramis 'Havana' EdT

Another very nice shave with this latest Aristocrat. I could easily use this type of razor every day if needed.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Havana.jpg
    Havana.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 66
Tuesday, 05-31-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 28x56 - Gillette Rocket HD500 - Israeli Personna #3 - Pre JASÖN - Palmolive shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Pinaud Clubman.

Afeitado31-05-11002.jpg

Tuesday PM

Waitrose unscented glycerine soap
Hot flannel
Merkur 34c
Shark SS (4)
Kent BK2
Provence Santé, face-lathered
Boots Freshwood AS
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG.

Result: SAS/DFS, some irritation.

I'm not quite up to speed with soap. Creams I can get right first time 9 times out of 10; soap is proving troublesome. After a post-shave trial lathering on my hand, I concluded that my mistakes during the shave were firstly, I was a bit too obsessive about the brush being dry, and secondly, I opened the brush too much by pushing too hard. This was suggested by the fact that, when I squeezed the brush out for my final pass, I got watery, foamy lather out. My trial lathering, however, saw the brush yield a much better lather.

Tuesday

Vitos Extra Super Coconut
Milk Churn
Superspeed
Gillette Blue (3)
Myrsol Emulsion
Vitos Amber

I got the super coconut via Pedro083 & BST, lovely soap rich creamy lather and a lovely "marzipan" smell. Pedro083 also sent a sample of Vitos Amber which I instantly took a like to, and ordered some straight away. Also kindly enclosed was a sample of Klar Kabbinet, which I will have a try of tomorrow.

A lovely shave and thanks to Pedro083 for a great transaction and two very fine samples

First shave since Saturday, to give the neck chance to heal. First pass left exactly as much as usual, interestingly.

Hot shower
Boots DE and blade (5)
Vulfix 404 mix
TOBS lemon and lime, mug lathered
KoS balm

Enjoyed getting back on the horse. One tiny weeper, different spot, no need for styptic.

I think I'll use this another couple of days then try a fresh blade in the Gillette IanM gifted me.

Good night!

Merkur Progress + Gillette Bleue Extra
New Forest Tubby 2 (2 bands)
Cella
Alum stone
Hemostatic pencil Carrefour
Aqua Velva Lotion
Floid Balm

Release Cella soap, I found very good. Second use of the blade Gillette Bleue and is poised to become my favorite, cuts very well and is soft, I finally finished with three small cuts but my fault for pressing ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom