Status
Not open for further replies.
Thursday

Neo custom 2 band
Provence Sante
Slim Adj. (4) + red IP (3)
Natural limes A/S
Proraso ASB

3 passes, smooth, but a little patch of irritation on neck. Will dial down to 3 for the next outing.

Although a bit hesitant, I decided to give my "new" Lunawerk slant go and loaded it up with a feather (used once). I was very careful and was rewarded with a very smooth shave! I think my technique needs to be adjusted to using this razor, but this most definately is a keeper.

The razor in question, prior to cleaning:
lunawerk-slant.jpg

Thursday, 06-02-11.

Soap from Aleppo 25% laurel - Morris & Forndran two bands 28x56 - Gillette Fat Boy - Israeli Personna #2 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Wilkinson shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - Gel aftershave JASÖN 6 in 1 - ASL Aqua Velva.

Afeitado02-06-11002.jpg

Fitz linson said:
Fantastic! Mrs Linson nipped out for an hour so I thought i'd nip upstairs for a quick one - and tis the best one yet!

hot shower and mantic style pre (a little soap and a hot wet towel)

Trumpers GFT cream which i thought a little hard at first, getting to the end of the Trumper sample pack - may order another one as this one didn't have any skin food

Still one the Body Shop brush although i fancy a nice big Somogue

Edwin Jagger with a Derby,

One with, one across and another in the opposite direction across, no polish and I'm pretty much BBS!

I feel technique is really improving and its only been a couple of weeks - watch this space!

Try emailing Trumpers, say how you like their products but were disappointed that no Skin Food was in your sample pack. They are pretty good and no doubt will send you some. They do state on their site when you order a sample pack " additional samples available on request", and I have found them true to their word.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
FH Tech handle/Stahly head (frankenrazor)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
No EdT this morning for some reason

Whew.....this frankenrazor is amazingly easy to use. Extremely comfortable on my face and very effective in whisker wacking. Who woulda thunk the Stahly head would be such a great fit for me.

BBS results,

Martin

Razor:Taylor 5/8
Strop: Ambrose "corto" Spanish Horse (25/50)
Brush:Vie-Long 16726
lather:Cella crema di sapone extra purissima
AS: Floïd Blue
EdT:Czech&Speake, Oxford&Cambridge
Comments:I've rescaled (with a cheapo set from Superiorshave) and honed this Taylor, as the seller told me because there is no brand in this razor. It's a full hollow razor and it takes a nice edge with less honing than others. And it's a fantastic shaver. The Cella dries a bit for my taste and the scent it's not very pleasnt, as "Play-doh" paste. The Floïd blue has no menthol and the scent is very powerful.
Picture:
P6023546.jpg

Thursday morning (late post)
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8
Razor: Henckells, Friodur in custom scales
Superlather: Dutch Moss, by Henk + Irisch Moos
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
result: Very, very close :D
009800x634.jpg

Thursday:

Godrej cream
EJ black badger
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
L'Occitane Verdon face splash

Godrej lathers like a dream. Smells a bit like those urinal cakes in the lavvy, but for 2 quid you can't have it all, and it's soon gone.

Decent enough shave, one nick.

Thursday PM

Waitrose unscented glycerine soap
Hot flannel
Merkur 34c
Shark SS (1)
Kent BK2
Provence Santé, face-lathered
Boots Freshwood AS
Nivea Sensitive ASB

3 passes: WTG, XTG, XTG

Result: DFS, one weeper.

I seem to have some kind of bump/ingrown on my jawline that I keep opening up again every shave. I'm going to have to steer around it for a while. I implemented the changes to soap technique I mentioned yesterday, with the brush not being quite as dry as previously. I also worked the lather longer on my face.

chrisbell said:
I seem to have some kind of bump/ingrown on my jawline that I keep opening up again every shave. I'm going to have to steer around it for a while. I implemented the changes to soap technique I mentioned yesterday, with the brush not being quite as dry as previously. I also worked the lather longer on my face.

My advice is to go from left to right... ;)

(ahem, cough, snuffle)

Blyth Spirit said:
chrisbell said:

(ahem, cough, snuffle)

Er, cheers (I think)! :roll: :lol:

chrisbell said:
Blyth Spirit said:
chrisbell said:

(ahem, cough, snuffle)

Er, cheers (I think)! :roll: :lol:

:D

Buonasera uomini

Tanti auguri da Firenze

Thursday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Arko stick
Vulfix 404 mix
Thayers Superhazel
Santa Maria Novella Melograno AS

Good holiday shave. Polished off nicely with some good aftershave.

vs bene!

Thursday

Razor: Mergress
Blade: Treet platinum
Brush: Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap: Palmolive Stick

Lovely shave. BBS smooth.

Lunchtime shave today (i.e., when I got up - we teachers work very hard, y'know).

Hot shower
Boots DE and blade (6)
Vulfix 404 mix
GFT sandalwood cream (sample), mug-lathered
Nivea ASB
GFT sandalwood cologne (sample)

Three passes on face, four on neck, DFS+. Zero weepers. A very satisfying shave indeed.

Loved the GFT cream - lathered up extremely well, possibly could have taken a little more water but I don't want to go past the proper point, and felt lovely.

Forgot I had the Nivea ASB - it's years old and mostly empty. Liked it enough that I bought more today, of a different version.

Cologne smelled lovely, but don't think I used enough, based on the face that half an hour later it was undetectable to my friend from two feet away. I have no idea what I'm doing with it, it's the first time I've used anything (other than spray deodorant) as a scent since a brief flirtation with cheap and nasty AS as a young teen.

I did what I thought was right - finger over bottle, turn upside down for a moment, apply finger to beneath ear - repeated for each ear and at the base of the throat. Perhaps with the neck of the sample bottle being ridiculously tiny I'm doing it wrong, perhaps I'm just generally doing it wrong. Educate me!

I'm looking for "mmm, that smells nice" from person sat next to me rather than stunning the whole room with waves of scent (or, indeed, getting "sir, are you wearing PERFUME?" from the boys), if you know what I mean.

Marcel said:
Although a bit hesitant, I decided to give my "new" Lunawerk slant go and loaded it up with a feather (used once). I was very careful and was rewarded with a very smooth shave! I think my technique needs to be adjusted to using this razor, but this most definately is a keeper.
]

Hi there,

If that's the razor I'm thinking of, you got a fair deal on it from what I could see from the pics. Was that one a recent win on ebay? Nice looking set up in any case.

Sounds like this one's a little on the agressive side eh? You may like to try a little milder blade just for the heck of it sometime.

Congrats on the new addition to your shaving arsenal,

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom